• Some random Chinese bloke

13 22.81%
  • Slobs

9 15.79%
  • Other

9 15.79%
Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunt for a New Manager - 16/17 Edition

According to the Herald Darren Stewart has also applied for the position. Keen to come back and coach in his hometown. 50 years old like Jones but what has he achieved as a coach?
    Fark I would rather just give it to Clackers, at least he has coached at this level with some decent results
    #PapasIn

I'd like to see Hutcho get the job so I can take my hate for the Jets owner and administration to the next level.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 12-09-2016 at 11:20 PM.

The member has a bit of free time.
    Maybe he should have a go.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The members and Craig fosters of world take much greater pleasure critiquing others and telling them how to do their job than they would trying it for themselves.
    Would buy everyone on the foz a season ticket if membah got the gig though.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    According to the Herald Darren Stewart has also applied for the position. Keen to come back and coach in his hometown. 50 years old like Jones but what has he achieved as a coach?
    Fark I would rather just give it to Clackers, at least he has coached at this level with some decent results
    #PapasIn
    Isn't he coaching The Maldives national team now ?
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

I doubt the member has any free time. I expect that he is typing his comments into a word document as we speak, and that we will get a treatise to rival his efforts in his Rio World Cup thread.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I doubt the member has any free time. I expect that he is typing his comments into a word document as we speak, and that we will get a treatise to rival his efforts in his Rio World Cup thread.
    I would really hope they are conducting a thorough Interview process with the list of applicants. Rather than just a recommendations list for Lawrie. And that Martin Lee or delgates are involved with this process.

It is critical that the club makes the right decision, as it cant afford to make another mistake in this department.

although there isnt a great deal of time. i believe a sacrifice to results early in the season is preferred to ensure a longer term success.

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post
    I would really hope they are conducting a thorough Interview process with the list of applicants. Rather than just a recommendations list for Lawrie. And that Martin Lee or delgates are involved with this process.

It is critical that the club makes the right decision, as it cant afford to make another mistake in this department.

although there isnt a great deal of time. i believe a sacrifice to results early in the season is preferred to ensure a longer term success.
    In other words business as usual for the Jets.

It'd better not be Bridges.

It'd better not be Bridges.
    +1
    Shit it will reek of "jobs for the bois" if Jones gets the gig with Bridges as assistant!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/41...ckage/?cs=3398

I assume this one is more fanciful than anything, but having someone like Bridges as the assistant to Jones or whoever the most likely contender for top job is wouldn't necessarily be a bad thing, for all the jokes at his expense I don't think Bridges is half as bad as people make out, he would probably do a good job as a 2IC bringing ideas to the table, I wouldn't be upset to see him as an assistant to the right choice of gaffer
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Neither bridges nor sheringham haves coached in the top level with success and both have limited experience, surely there no chance

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Neither bridges nor sheringham haves coached in the top level with success and both have limited experience, surely there no chance
    See I think those who believe they are behind the real contenders for the role are going to the Herald and helping them fill column inches, get themselves exposure and have fans get on facebook/twitter/forums saying it'd be a great appointment.

Lawrie has come out on twitter saying he hasn't heard from Darren Stewart, who was in the paper earlier this week saying he wants the job. Who is telling the truth? I've got to say that I wouldn't be speaking so openly about the recruitment process if it were me.

I'd be looking more favourably towards those keeping out of the spotlight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Bridges no!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Sound like perfect selections for the Jets.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    the discussion turned to Sherringham/Bridges on pages 6-8 of this thread

it's a sign

wake up sheeple!!!!

Quote from the Herald: "He made his debut as a manager with English League 2 club Stevenage last season but was let go in February after recording just 7 wins from 33 games".......then Bridges: "I have spoken to the boys at Stevenage. They say he has a good tactical mind and his management is superb".....hummmm!!!!
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

I can see straight through this for what it is. Obviously this is a ploy by Bridges to get an easy-ride in his coaching career on the back of a big name in Sheringham.
    Go and do the hard yards at a lower level like every other coach does Bridgey and EARN the right to coach at this level!!!
    Your playing career and Teddy's and all the other dribble you mention mean jackshit in regards to how deserving you are of the role.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Go and do the hard yards at a lower level like every other coach
    Is there a lower level than this stinking pile of shit?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Is there a lower level than this stinking pile of shit?
    I could name a few NPL clubs. But I won't, as this is not the thread for it