13 22.81%
  • Slobs

9 15.79%
  • Other

9 15.79%
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Hunt for a New Manager - 16/17 Edition

if that is the case we need Branko...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Teddy Sheringham

Quote Originally Posted by evanhayes5 View Post
    Teddy Sheringham
    Heard that one too. Major issue with it was michael 'scum' bridges as assistant

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    A coach in Malaysian 2nd division? Nope.
    Exactly! look at Jones' resume and then look at Stubbins before he started here. They are not too different. Supporting roles in Australia and similar or head coach roles in minor leagues in Asia. He is just not up to it.

He was a very average wide defender as a player in the era when wide defenders did nothing but stand and wait for wingers to run at them. The last thing Newcastle needs is a second rate manager with a defenders mentality.

I haven't asked for my money back yet but if they appoint this plonker as manager I will be.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    I haven't asked for my money back yet but if they appoint this plonker as manager I will be.
    Ask and you'll get a personal call from your Gypo mate
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by skullboy View Post
    Exactly! look at Jones' resume and then look at Stubbins before he started here. They are not too different. Supporting roles in Australia and similar or head coach roles in minor leagues in Asia. He is just not up to it.

He was a very average wide defender as a player in the era when wide defenders did nothing but stand and wait for wingers to run at them. The last thing Newcastle needs is a second rate manager with a defenders mentality.

Think Furns was refering to Phillips.
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Griff as coach, firstly what credentials has he got and secondly in reading one of his articles a few months back he made it pretty obvious he was not keen on getting into coaching.
    I wasn't saying Griff would be a good coach. I was saying that whoever they appoint will be sacked at the start of next season anyway so what does it all matter.

Sure we don't have one of the strongest squads on paper but it is decent enough with a good balance, probably fair to say stronger then last year. I think this whole thing about a coach needing "his squad" is just a myth and an excuse that shit coaches peddle in order to cover up their inadequacies. A good coach can assess very quickly the strengths and weaknesses of his team both collectively and individually and if he is smart enough and adaptable enough he can play the team to those strengths.
    Go watch some football and come back to me on that one. If the team has a strong ethos and style of play, then a similar coach can come in and continue on the same methods. Our style of play is 'find a way to lose games as late as possible'. It takes longer than a month to take a team that hasn't played finals football in forever and make them competitive. Even in a league as simple as the HAL.

I don't think people are angry about Miller being sacked because they thought he was the Messiah. I just think people wanted some stability. I'd take a few seasons building up towards long term competitiveness instead of this 'Sack everyone, throw some sh'%t into the fan and see what sticks' plan we have been working through for the last 5 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Think Furns was refering to Phillips.
    I was - not Jones.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Ask and you'll get a personal call from your Gypo mate
    I haven't asked for my money back and I got a call this morning. Actually a very good chat, I'll take what he said at face value and move on.

He will be at the game today, in his words "with a target on his back", go up and have a chat.

Have heard from 2 totally different sauces that Jones is the man.
    Not writing him off as not being up to the job but once again we seem to be taking a gamble with someone who is unproven at this level as a Head coach if it is indeed true.
    And giving the role to a complete ****wit

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I haven't asked for my money back and I got a call this morning. Actually a very good chat, I'll take what he said at face value and move on.

He will be at the game today, in his words "with a target on his back", go up and have a chat.
    And these calls he is making I find even more grandstanding. The one and only thing Lawrie should be doing is expediting the recruitments process. Once he has employed a manager, ring whoever he likes.

We have 1 more trial before the season starts and the manager should be onboard by then.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I don't think people are angry about Miller being sacked because they thought he was the Messiah. I just think people wanted some stability. I'd take a few seasons building up towards long term competitiveness instead of this 'Sack everyone, throw some sh'%t into the fan and see what sticks' plan we have been working through for the last 5 years.
    Spot on. Yet us perceived 'Miller fanbois' were apparently sticking our head in the sand because he wasn't winning every game.

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    The one and only thing Lawrie should be doing is expediting the recruitments process.
    Is that so we can complain that due diligence wasn't done when the new coach inevitably fails?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Is that so we can complain that due diligence wasn't done when the new coach inevitably fails?
    Nah you are right. He should take a holiday and then personally visit every person who said bad words about him on twitter. That will fix the club yeah

And these calls he is making I find even more grandstanding. The one and only thing Lawrie should be doing is expediting the recruitments process. Once he has employed a manager, ring whoever he likes.

We have 1 more trial before the season starts and the manager should be onboard by then.
    Gee Borat, no offence but gee you are starting to sound full of yourself saying what Lawrie should be doing and not doing.
    Would you know what his whole day curtails from start to finish? What credentials and expertise have you got in running a football club?
    He has basically said to disgruntled fans over Miller's sacking that he will discuss their grievances directly and try and persuade them from throwing in their Memberships. I think he should be applauded for this but you say it is "grandstanding".
    Like Jeterpool said "he is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't".

Nah you are right. He should take a holiday and then personally visit every person who said bad words about him on twitter. That will fix the club yeah
    ****ing what? lol

We shouldn't expedite any signing, it's the exact thing this club gets crucified for time and again.

He needs to start a hashtag that way things will be nicely grouped and organised and all his problems will be fixed.

Hey guys don't laugh a hashtag caught that Kony bloke and stopped police shooting all of those dark people.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    He needs to start a hashtag that way things will be nicely grouped and organised and all his problems will be fixed.

Hey guys don't laugh a hashtag caught that Kony bloke and stopped police shooting all of those dark people.
    Did **** all for Harambe though.

Anyone see that article on "The World Game" about Jimmy Gilligan?

Any thoughts?

Bring on the Teddy Bear.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!