Page 17 of 54 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Franz Straka is a free agent.

Should bring back the beige, the cream, the off white jacket.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    It's still hard for me to judge Jones' impact considering how many disruptions there's been on the player front.

But no question we are playing some of the worst football any Jets side has done in our history. I think last week in Melbourne was the worst performance I've seen in the flesh, and that was still with five or six first-choice players in the side.

I can't justify pulling the trigger on him with so many players being out, but I'd definitely be putting the feelers out for interested parties. I've never been convinced he was the man for the job.
    So basically the ugly chick with low self esteem has turned us down so we might as well hit on Sports Illustrated Models. Because that's about how ridiculous it is to talk about getting a new coach. It's simply not going to happen. The clubs ****ed, nothing has changed, nothing will change, the Jets are headed for another wooden spoon.

No good manager would want the gig at Newcastle because it's a hopeless situation. And the ones that would want the gig want it because they can't get a gig anywhere else. I don't know how anyone could follow this club anymore. The jets died the day Con lost the licence and needs to be folded.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 05-12-2016 at 12:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The Jets have 15 players coming off contract so there is an opportunity to release a few of them in January if the club have no intention of extending their contracts.
    Well whose to say we wont in january? We need to get there first, and by the looks of it we'll be trying to lure players to play for the team coming 10th with a sh*t coach. So Miller made this bed, we're all laying in it.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    How about making use of injury replacements. With all these long term injuries all we have utilised is Fyfe. Other clubs with the injury toll we have would have been all over injury replacements.
    Kout has covered Alessi, Fyfe is covering Mullen, and then who cares if we replace BK. Nabbout 2-3 weeks, Kokko 3-4 weeks.
    How many quality players do you think are out there, waiting to sign a 3 week contract? Certainly not many superstars that will change our fortunes. Keanu Moore is a good local player, but even if he had the ability to make it, he'd need a few months to prove himself. No point ruining a kid's career by chucking him in the deep end.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Well whose to say we wont in january? We need to get there first, and by the looks of it we'll be trying to lure players to play for the team coming 10th with a sh*t coach. So Miller made this bed, we're all laying in it.
    If you believe that the club would be in the same position (literally and figuratively) if Miller was still around, then I don't know what to tell you.

I know who I'd rather.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    If you believe that the club would be in the same position (literally and figuratively) if Miller was still around, then I don't know what to tell you.

I know who I'd rather.
    Beat me to it. And to whoever used Hoole to suggest Jones is basically hamstrung with all Miller's 'shit signings' is absolutely kidding themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Kout has covered Alessi, Fyfe is covering Mullen, and then who cares if we replace BK. Nabbout 2-3 weeks, Kokko 3-4 weeks.
    How many quality players do you think are out there, waiting to sign a 3 week contract? Certainly not many superstars that will change our fortunes. Keanu Moore is a good local player, but even if he had the ability to make it, he'd need a few months to prove himself. No point ruining a kid's career by chucking him in the deep end.
    Brennan, Pav and Cooper have been told to find a new club by January, so there is 3 spots we can fill with whoever we want, so long as the $ are there. (I don't believe any of those are youth contracts?)

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Brennan, Pav and Cooper have been told to find a new club by January, so there is 3 spots we can fill with whoever we want, so long as the $ are there. (I don't believe any of those are youth contracts?)
    The $ and the players. Realistically, how many suitable players are there to get? And do we honestly expect Jones to look beyond Adelaide?

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    The $ and the players. Realistically, how many suitable players are there to get? And do we honestly expect Jones to look beyond Adelaide?
    Most of the Asian leagues have finished their season, there is plenty of Aussie talent over there, that might come back for decent $

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Beat me to it. And to whoever used Hoole to suggest Jones is basically hamstrung with all Miller's 'shit signings' is absolutely kidding themselves.
    So what exactly has been good about Hoole since he returned??

His set pieces which are either over hit or under hit dramatically
    His ability to hack opponents and pick up a cheap card
    His lack of interest in chasing back when he coughs up the ball
    His inability to put pressure on an opponent in defence
    His ability to fall over ridiculously easily
    His goal scoring prowess
    His constant turning in the same direction
    His lack of forward running off the ball

??

Exactly what about him makes him a good signing??

Because to me he was a much more effective player 2 years ago than now

Point still stands what support has Jones had from Ledman ? ?

A couple of bargain basement signings in an untried kid and an over the hill Fyfe

FFS people think I am overly critical but Jones is trying to Polish some other clowns turd here with nothing from above in support

As I said 90% of this squad Millertime gave the gig to
    Same like who gave Poljak a two year deal
    Same bloke resigned Kanta who let's face it has done **** all the last few years to warrant a contract extension
    Same bloke signed Nortstand when it is pretty evident he is getting old quickly

Millertime made so many shit decisions yet you happy to pass up the responsibility he faces and blame the poor sod stuck taking the reigns of this ongoing cluster****

I'll hold my judgement on Jones until he has players back on deck. The reality is with the fit players in this squad right now i doubt that any managercould conjur wins.

In saying that, I am concerned that Jones is not gettin the ost out of what he has and that he seems (to me and many others here) to not be using what he has effectively. No No Good and Haircut Hoole are painful to watch. Our passing is inaccurate and our first touch poor. Clut is seemingly on the outer.

Poistives for me. Duncan getting better. Kamboulis is raw and making important errors but he is getting better.

Am willing to back Jones for a bit longer.....but not too much if he can't improve things.

That was the worst game of Football I have ever witnessed.
    Can't believe I wasted my Sunday afternoon on that garbage!

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    So basically the ugly chick with low self esteem has turned us down so we might as well hit on Sports Illustrated Models. Because that's about how ridiculous it is to talk about getting a new coach. It's simply not going to happen. The clubs ****ed, nothing has changed, nothing will change, the Jets are headed for another wooden spoon.

No good manager would want the gig at Newcastle because it's a hopeless situation. And the ones that would want the gig want it because they can't get a gig anywhere else. I don't know how anyone could follow this club anymore. The jets died the day Con lost the licence and needs to be folded.
    Con was a joke.

Worse than Tinkler.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Con was a joke.

Worse than Tinkler.
    Both ran out of money and ripped people off but at least Con had passion for the game and the club.
    Get your facts straight Parksey!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So what exactly has been good about Hoole since he returned??

His set pieces which are either over hit or under hit dramatically
    His ability to hack opponents and pick up a cheap card
    His lack of interest in chasing back when he coughs up the ball
    His inability to put pressure on an opponent in defence
    His ability to fall over ridiculously easily
    His goal scoring prowess
    His constant turning in the same direction
    His lack of forward running off the ball

??

Exactly what about him makes him a good signing??
    His consistency?

Con was a joke.

Worse than Tinkler.
    If the FFA had a do over bet they'd love to have just helped Con through his financial troubles instead of the abortion that has gone on since.

Jones OUT

Enough's enough, don't want a coach who knows us or Newy, want a coach who can coach!
    No people skills no coaching skills Jonesy, off you go old mate.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft11 View Post
    Jones OUT

Enough's enough, don't want a coach who knows us or Newy, want a coach who can coach!
    but whats a new coach going to do when your only 2 centre backs are 34+ been playing state league for 3 years and an 18 year old kid thrown in the deep end

Quote Originally Posted by Nou Camp View Post
    but whats a new coach going to do when your only 2 centre backs are 34+ been playing state league for 3 years and an 18 year old kid thrown in the deep end
    Develop. Move forward. Change to a 8-1-1 formation. Turn Haliti into a sweeper. Yell at people. Place the cones better.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft11 View Post
    Jones OUT

Josh Kennedy?