Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    To be fair we aren't even putting a boot in anymore - we're the cleanest team in the comp with only 4 yellow cards!
    Exactly. You watch other games and usually in the early exchanges you see a bit of "players sorting each other out" and targeting certain key players.
    Yeah, it's a bit grubby but it's either that or letting the opposition attain the ascendency....which has happened the past 2 weeks, actually 3 if you count WSW, as well as SFC at home and now the Nix game away.
    With the Derby only 2 weeks away, we really need to add some mongrel to our game otherwise I see the ever-improving Gypos under Okon with players like Montgomery and O'Donovan, taking us to task.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Playing for the shirt and Putting in a shift is the bear minimum we expect but our players cant even do that FFS
    playing for the shirt and putting in a shift should be #99 and #100 on the list of "100 most important things for winning a game".
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Exactly. You watch other games and usually in the early exchanges you see a bit of "players sorting each other out" and targeting certain key players.
    Yeah, it's a bit grubby but it's either that or letting the opposition attain the ascendency....which has happened the past 2 weeks, actually 3 if you count WSW, as well as SFC at home and now the Nix game away.
    With the Derby only 2 weeks away, we really need to add some mongrel to our game otherwise I see the ever-improving Gypos under Okon with players like Montgomery and O'Donovan, taking us to task.
    Totally agree with this post.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    who replaces him though.

Do we really need to ask ?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    playing for the shirt and putting in a shift should be #99 and #100 on the list of "100 most important things for winning a game".
    Sounds like you've never played football.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Sounds like you've never played football.
    and you sound like you've never won anything in your life.

But it seems like we're all just guessing huh.

But here I am all assuming that teams like Barcelona, Spain, San Antonio or the Patriots all had that extended excellence because they were yanno, much better at their sport than others.

Silly me.

Man you guys are the ones laughing Arsene Wenger out the changeroom when he changed players diets and got them off the piss.

Youre the ones thinking Kareem was a sissy for pioneering yoga as a form of injury prevention.

I bet you guys are longing for the day when Terry Butcher, bleeding profusely from a self inflicted* head wound, comes to your club to teach us all what real winning is all about.

* oh wait, that head wound was from once again remembering when a vastly superior player made him look like a clown on the international stage, my bad you guys.

and you sound like you've never won anything in your life.

But it seems like we're all just guessing huh.

But here I am all assuming that teams like Barcelona, Spain, San Antonio or the Patriots all had that extended excellence because they were yanno, much better at their sport than others.

Silly me.
    1. None of those teams you mention have the budgetary contraints that the Jets do.
    2. They have great players and the Jets players are shit...

Ok carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    1. None of those teams you mention have the budgetary contraints that the Jets do.
    Irrelevant.
    NBA and NFL are salary capped leagues designed to create parity yet both those teams have excelled for an extended period because they recruit well, are well coached and were led by robots.

Barca have obviously spent as well as anyone but their core has been from 'home grown' talent (most of whom are robots) coached up with a defined winning philosophy.

The Spanish national team is made up of people who want their own damn country away from Spain so how much 'passion for the shirt' they are putting in is anyone's guess (and I'm guessing it's really really low).

The jets are allowed to be much much better than they are I just believe all this 'rah rah' English bullshit mentality matters squat in the big picture.

2. They have great players and the Jets players are shit...
    A lot of those teams I mentioned are made up of players that no one rated that highly, Tom Brady goes 199 in the draft, Pique not good enough for Man United etc etc.

I think the Jets have some really good players.

I honestly believe they are poorly led from the organisation at pretty much every level.

The member had it right when he stated we should be aiming to win the league. Anything less is pussy talk

A lot of those teams I mentioned are made up of players that no one rated that highly, Tom Brady goes 199 in the draft, Pique not good enough for Man United etc etc.

I think the Jets have some really good players.

I honestly believe they are poorly led from the organisation at pretty much every level.
    And that comes with change. Constant change of leaders at all levels leaves the club with little to no clear direction on where it is going. People are reluctant to buy into that vision because they know deep down that person will be gone sooner rather than later.

Middleby - Tinkler - Murphy - Eland - McKinna. Look at that progression and we have Tinkler (token) and Eland (acting and across 2 roles as a stop-gap) as 24 months of little to no organisation direction. Murphy was great at setting a direction but was let go.

Plague speaks sense - The Jets have good players - many who would get in most teams matchday squads in this league. I class Boogaard, Ugarkovic, Brown, Cowburn, Nabbout, Nordstrand in that group. We've just had too much change and little or poor leadership. McKinna has a massive job ahead of him and it remains to be seen if he is the right man.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Man you guys are the ones laughing Arsene Wenger out the changeroom when he changed players diets and got them off the piss.

Youre the ones thinking Kareem was a sissy for pioneering yoga as a form of injury prevention.

I bet you guys are longing for the day when Terry Butcher, bleeding profusely from a self inflicted* head wound, comes to your club to teach us all what real winning is all about.

* oh wait, that head wound was from once again remembering when a vastly superior player made him look like a clown on the international stage, my bad you guys.
    Complete non sequitur

I never said that those things were irrelevent

You suggested that hard work and application on the pitch would be ranked 99 or 100 in the 100 most important things to win a match.

That is ****ing stupid. If you don't turn up physically on the day then you're ****ed from the outset. Its a minimum.

A winning mentality is a mentality of commitment, of grinding out results even when the fluidity and style are not flowing on a particular day.

You don't think Barca are committed and work hard? You've seen them press? You think that commitment or application is only displayed through Terry Butcher-esque "bravery". Its not. It comes in many forms, but you can't win anything without it as a foundation.

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    You suggested that hard work and application on the pitch would be ranked 99 or 100 in the 100 most important things to win a match.

That is ****ing stupid.
    I mean you're quoting my post but didn't even read it.

I said nowt about hard work and application.

To me:
    'Sticking a boot in' = 'focusing more on being physically dominant over your opponent'

'Putting in a shift' = 'quantity over quality of physical output'.

Man we went through this 'good engines' bullshit with GVE and he failed in that approach.

I want a team of footballers who play football and a coach who's emphasis is winning every game he coaches.

Go ahead and celebrate your centre back kicking crap out of a striker to 'let him know he's in a game' I'll take Piques skill any day.

Go ahead and celebrate your GPS data telling me who ran more in a game, I'll take Pirlo's lazy* ass every day of the week.

Enjoy your football guys, just let me one day dream of seeing mine.

*hed still be fitter than everyone in this Foz.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    And that comes with change.
    and this is my point.
    Someone had it right just a couple of posts ago: Jones IS going to get the sack. So why the hell didn't we take the time to get the best possible option before throwing the bloke to the lions?

This club is now in a cycle where everyone has a scapegoat for their failures. The scary part is a lot of people love that because they will never wear any blame. That (to me) is a pathetic way to live your life.

Apparently there's no worries and our team is fine. And real supporters shouldnt utter any negative against the power. What I saw on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Apparently there's no worries and our team is fine. And real supporters shouldnt utter any negative against the power. What I saw on FB.
    These so called deluded fans are deluded and dont watch any other team besides the Jets so they think what the jets do is the norm
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

and this is my point.
    Someone had it right just a couple of posts ago: Jones IS going to get the sack. So why the hell didn't we take the time to get the best possible option before throwing the bloke to the lions?

This club is now in a cycle where everyone has a scapegoat for their failures. The scary part is a lot of people love that because they will never wear any blame. That (to me) is a pathetic way to live your life.
    Because Jones is an inspired choice from Lawrie choosing his mate

I haven't been to a game this season and I didn't renew my membership. That's how confident I am in the players and the people running the Jets.
    The team I once supported is gone and while I have a casual interest in seeing a local team in the league I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.
    If the Jets were to become successful again I probably still wouldn't bother attending games either because I don't think the magic of the first three seasons will ever be repeated.
    To be successful on a shoestring budget against teams with huge budgets and everything in their favor just doesn't seem possible anymore.
    Overall, I think when Con was shown the door the FFA should have had the balls to simply end the franchise rather than try and revive a corpse.

With current the owner already bringing in a Chinese player with no pedigree of any note - I don't think Jones is going to ever get what he needs but I'm sure when everything does turn to shit he will be the first one blamed.

The less said about having a Gypo as CEO the better.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-11-2016 at 08:26 PM.

I haven't thought of the Jets as my team since Con was given the boot.
    was day 1 of the downfall of this club. No one anywhere near keen to revive it.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG