Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    After the weekend's defeat, I came to the conclusion that if we aren't going to keep Jones next year we need to get let him go now. In doing so, we bring in a coach for 2.5 years and give them to assess the squad that we currently have to establish who they want to keep or release while starting to implement the football the way we want them to.

We also back them during January with a signing of some intent - like Matt Spiranovic. Show we are serious and looking to build. In addition, we aggresively chase someone like Jamie Maclaren as a striker.

If we don't, we get to the same point we have the last 3 years - an off season where off-contract players have been re-signed for a year or two, or others brought in by the previous coach, who then gets the chop, new guy comes in and has little to no room to bring people in they want to.

We're probably best known as the place rookie coaches come to finish their career before they even start.
    If this were to happen in January; the club going after the likes of Spiranovic and MacLaren, it would signal to the rest of the comp and supporters that there is intent from the Jets hierarchy to not just be content to finish bottom four again. I have heard Mckinna mention in an interview that the club will be looking to strengthen in the Jan transfer window, meaning current players are likely to be released.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    If this were to happen in January; the club going after the likes of Spiranovic and MacLaren, it would signal to the rest of the comp and supporters that there is intent from the Jets hierarchy to not just be content to finish bottom four again. I have heard Mckinna mention in an interview that the club will be looking to strengthen in the Jan transfer window, meaning current players are likely to be released.
    Heard from a very reliable sauce today that Carney will be back in January. Now that will send some signal to the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by prawnhead View Post
    Heard from a very reliable sauce today that Carney will be back in January. Now that will send some signal to the rest.
    Hope you're taking the mickey, but let's just pretend this did happen - I won't be back to another match unless and until the Devon is a safe distance away

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    Hope you're taking the mickey, but let's just pretend this did happen - I won't be back to another match unless and until the Devon is a safe distance away
    Dead serious mate. Agree it would be a massive backward step. My sauce is in the know though. Hopefully he is wrong.

Dead serious mate. Agree it would be a massive backward step. My sauce is in the know though. Hopefully he is wrong.
    Pull the other one. He'd never come back.

The talk about strengthening in the Jan window was speculation at best.
    It's unlikely we will buy anyone unless we sell some off as Lee has stated he won't splash money around.
    Anyone who thought Jones was the best option has rocks in their heads. Lee got rid of Miller due to disrespect and we're paying that price with football that would have been competitive in 2007, but is hardly a shadow on what the top 4 are producing.

There is a reason I am the one.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocknerd View Post
    The talk about strengthening in the Jan window was speculation at best.
    It's unlikely we will buy anyone unless we sell some off as Lee has stated he won't splash money around.
    Anyone who thought Jones was the best option has rocks in their heads. Lee got rid of Miller due to disrespect and we're paying that price with football that would have been competitive in 2007, but is hardly a shadow on what the top 4 are producing.

There is a reason I am the one.
    Aside from Lawrie, do they actually exist?

Judge the man when there are not so many injuries.

Short memory the near lot of you.

Quote Originally Posted by rhysd View Post

Brennan starting and Haliti in Youf has got nothing to do with injuries.....especially after Jones saying in Herald today that Haliti is fully fit....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Trouble is most of us have long memories and dont indulge in deluded optimism. yes injuries arent great but neither is boofhead jones

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Martin Lee is tighter than a frogs arse when it comes to spending money on the Jets. No way will he be able to attract players of that standard to the Jets. What's more likely to happen is we swap some of our better players like Brown, Nabbout, Ugga, Kokko, or Nobby for the state league standard players on the other teams books.

Alternatively, Lee brings in some more Chinese players like the one we have to send the club completely down the shitter.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-11-2016 at 08:48 PM.

straight swap for Hoole is it?? (or luck it would be a straight swap for one of our decent players...)
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...-check/?cs=306

Lowey giving some perspective. I don't really have a personal view when it comes to Jones. But some of Lowey's comments here really sum up my thinking.

If we had swapped coaches, Muscat and Jones, at the start of last week, would you have backed against Melbourne Victory? Be honest.

Today, if you can take advantage of all the salary cap concessions, your top five to seven players are outside the cap, and in theory you can pay the eighth-best player on your roster what the Jets, Mariners and others may pay their best

The world of trust funds, negative gearing and salary sacrifice is terrific if you are wealthy enough to be part of it. At the moment, the Jets are the PAYE pluggers, battling from year to year.
    I'm afraid that until the club is cashed up enough to compete in the player marketplace, we will fill the role of envious country cousins, looking on, trying hard, but pushing $#!% uphill with our out-of-joint noses. It's that simple, really

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Trouble is most of us have long memories and dont indulge in deluded optimism. yes injuries arent great but neither is boofhead jones
    Miller endured a long run without a win and then made a couple of signings and players started to come back into the fold.

You are judging a man, on a pre conceived agenda that he isn't any good, following a terrible run of injuries.

Everyone is pointing a finger. What would Klopp, Benitez or anyone else have done?

Okay, there have been a few gambles made by him and some haven't come off. He benched poljak like everyone wanted to. He didn't play haliti.. yet if he picks him and falls down with an injury secondary to having come off 12 months of rehab on the wrong side of 30.. he would be lynched. This in a game everyone has us down to "lose by 6". Good decision to leave him out imo to gain 90 mins in youth game.

His acquisition of the young defender.. that kid has some talent! Despite him having made 2 errors which lead directly to goals he looks to be a future crucial player to a successful jets team
    Last edited by rhysd; 29-11-2016 at 07:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Today, if you can take advantage of all the salary cap concessions, your top five to seven players are outside the cap, and in theory you can pay the eighth-best player on your roster what the Jets, Mariners and others may pay their best
    I've been saying this for ages. We will struggle to compete until we can utilise the cap the way the other clubs do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

His acquisition of the young defender.. that kid has some talent! Despite him having made 2 errors which lead directly to goals he looks to be a future crucial player to a successful jets team
    He's only in the team as an injury replacement for Alessi. Other teams can surely sign him for next season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    He's only in the team as an injury replacement for Alessi. Other teams can surely sign him for next season.
    I would sign the kid up from what I've seen. Sure there's some mistake which will fix in time. But raw talent is very hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post

Lowey giving some perspective. I don't really have a personal view when it comes to Jones. But some of Lowey's comments here really sum up my thinking.
    It's not perspective it's horseshit.

So we got rid of Goodwin and Chapman because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We let Ryan Griffiths walk for free because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sack our coach 2 weeks out from season because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sub on a defensive mid late in the game down 2-0 because of their teams use salary cap concessions?

This club has a culture problem soaked in blokes accepting excuses and failure but as long as everyone's looking after their mates and no ones feelings get hurt it's all cool cool.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    It's not perspective it's horseshit.

So we got rid of Goodwin and Chapman because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We let Ryan Griffiths walk for free because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sack our coach 2 weeks out from season because other teams use salary cap concessions?

We sub on a defensive mid late in the game down 2-0 because of their teams use salary cap concessions?

This club has a culture problem soaked in blokes accepting excuses and failure but as long as everyone's looking after their mates and no ones feelings get hurt it's all cool cool.
    I'm more giving perspective on the Jones hate. I believe its a deep underlying problem with the club and its constant acceptance of failure as you say.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Aside from Lawrie, do they actually exist?
    David Lowe