Page 21 of 54 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I think he needs to pull Joel outta the office and get him to mentor Hoole
    stuff Oath, griff isnt an office type anyway. Get some mongrel back.

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    I think I am still too frustrated with our more often than not ineffectual attack to get too excited about our coach - he's still got to sort out the wasted talent that is Hoole, guy could be a world beater but instead he runs himself into unwinnable positions or loses any momentum he's made by making shit decisions, it's almost an act of God when he actually doesn't fart-ass about and gets into a position to shoot or pass to someone else who can, but Jones seems to be content with the shitness and encourages him to keep up the mediocrity in the vain hope he might improve without any guidance - I think he needs to pull Joel outta the office and get him to mentor Hoole, I'm sure Joel would lay it on the line to Hoole what he's doing right and where he's going ever so wrong, after a few sack whacks Hoole might even start to get the message...
    Hoole leads the league in 'chances'.

Now im not sure if that refers to chances created, or chances given by his coach.

but you stat nerdz can't throw this shit in my face then bag the bloke when he's da best at something.

also he has one assist so we must sack him apparently.......
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I'm interested in people's thoughts about what you think the club will do should we miss the finals, or even finish 9th. What we want the club to do isn't what I want to know - Regardless of whether we believe Jones should be the coach in the first place, or whether we want him to stay or not.

What is the point where the club will consider Jones' tenure under threat? Can we afford to change yet another coach to appoint our 6th within 4 years?

I think the club will stick by Jones, regardless of the final position. I think they will allow him to recruit his team and give him a full off-season. I don't think there is a trigger that will result in his departure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I'm interested in people's thoughts about what you think the club will do should we miss the finals, or even finish 9th. What we want the club to do isn't what I want to know - Regardless of whether we believe Jones should be the coach in the first place, or whether we want him to stay or not.

What is the point where the club will consider Jones' tenure under threat? Can we afford to change yet another coach to appoint our 6th within 4 years?

I think the club will stick by Jones, regardless of the final position. I think they will allow him to recruit his team and give him a full off-season. I don't think there is a trigger that will result in his departure.
    Jones will be given another year but will have strict objectives from the ledman group
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

If we finish 9th I think Lee will realise how far off we are and clean Jones out and maybe invest more cash. Really, barring a miraculous finish we should be moving Jones on and getting a proper football manager in that is experienced. We have gone backwards this season, no wins against the Mariners is horrid

The Jets will not make the finals but they have definitely closed the gap as far as their competitiveness goes.
    Points wise things are not much different to last year but this team has managed to be a lot more competitive and avoided being schooled all over the park to the extent last years team was on many occasions.
    If last years team had to face this years injury toll then points wise this year may have been slightly better.

I still think we lack the players and the money to have a serious shot at winning a title though and don't see it changing.
    People can talk about top six but as far as I'm concerned you either win the league or you lose it. Simple as that.
    I want a team that plays well / entertains all season.
    Jones will stay because he's cheap - and his main constraint is a lack of money to buy players.
    We simply didn't have enough money to get anyone in January - it wasn't a case of Jones refusing to spend.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 01-03-2017 at 01:05 PM.

Even if we lose all our games this season now, there will be no change, and to be honest four coaches in two years would be ridiculous.

I think Ledman will give the management team the off season (I trust an increased budget is part of their business plan) to recruit more efficiently, and see how the first 8 weeks pans out.

Unless we somehow collapse and win the spoon, Jones will be here regardless of where we finish. He will get his own full off season, structure the team the way he wants and then be held accountable next year.

Unless we somehow collapse and win the spoon, Jones will be here regardless of where we finish. He will get his own full off season, structure the team the way he wants and then be held accountable next year.
    Should be held accountable this year due to several questionable decisions.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Should be held accountable this year due to several questionable decisions.
    Don't see it happening.

Don't see it happening.
    Neither do I but for all the good Jones has done that last 3-4 weeks have been close to awful and were going backwards in reguards to the good football we were playing a month ago

love at first sight

Here's the thing though, we can give Jones 5 years to "build his squad", but the reality is he's always going to be a well below-average coach. Apart from some early season Nabbout heroics, how much better have we really been this season? Jones' squad selection and substitutions have been downright bizarre at times. I forget which game it was, but we were down a goal and for the last 20 we played without a striker. His comments about "scoring more goals, conceding less" this week doesn't give the indication that he's got a master plan he's building towards.

As for what the club will do? They'll have full faith in him, witness the team continue its decline in the early part of next season, realise they were wasting their time and sack him before round 6.

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post
    Here's the thing though, we can give Jones 5 years to "build his squad", but the reality is he's always going to be a well below-average coach. Apart from some early season Nabbout heroics, how much better have we really been this season? Jones' squad selection and substitutions have been downright bizarre at times. I forget which game it was, but we were down a goal and for the last 20 we played without a striker. His comments about "scoring more goals, conceding less" this week doesn't give the indication that he's got a master plan he's building towards.

As for what the club will do? They'll have full faith in him, witness the team continue its decline in the early part of next season, realise they were wasting their time and sack him before round 6.
    While we haven't been towelled up this season like we have in previous seasons (thinking 7-0 Adelaide, 4-0 City twice, 6-1 Perth) we have let in more goals that we have the previous year.

We aren't going to be seriously considered for anything until we can effectively defend - by doing it without the ball (obviously) and actually holding onto the ball a bit more!
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by steve136 View Post

makes decisions and sounds like his mentor, Sir Gary......

Until Hawk takes over the clubs never going to have enough money to be competitive.

Jones to be retained no matter the outcome of this year, club to roll out the usual not his squad, wait till next year, his squad, building blah blah blah.
    Jones signs his players, constrained by ledman groups spending limitations, locking his boys into 2 year contracts
    Team plays the typical early season average form, sitting about 4th or 5th on the ladder, Jones to brag about how good he is and how no one backed him, club crashes and burns as usual from around round 9
    Crowds start dwindling even further than this year
    Club to stand by Jones until it's too late to salvage the season, Jones goes with his assistants to take over for remainder of season
    World wide search for replacement begins, cheapest mate of lawries is hired, probably Hutcho
    New season, old playerss not wanted by new coach, no cap space, no marques, no hope, New coach blames not his squad, club tells us they are building for the future and will look to recruit in January
    (Return to top of post - replace Jones with new coach)
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Jones to be retained no matter the outcome of this year, club to roll out the usual not his squad, wait till next year, his squad, building blah blah blah.
    Jones signs his players, constrained by ledman groups spending limitations, locking his boys into 2 year contracts
    Team plays the typical early season average form, sitting about 4th or 5th on the ladder, Jones to brag about how good he is and how no one backed him, club crashes and burns as usual from around round 9
    Crowds start dwindling even further than this year
    Club to stand by Jones until it's too late to salvage the season, Jones goes with his assistants to take over for remainder of season
    World wide search for replacement begins, cheapest mate of lawries is hired, probably Hutcho
    New season, old playerss not wanted by new coach, no cap space, no marques, no hope, New coach blames not his squad, club tells us they are building for the future and will look to recruit in January
    (Return to top of post - replace Jones with new coach)
    Its like looking into a crystal ball... Eerie..

I think we will stick with Jones. Lee and McKinna aren't idiots, they hear what we say and they will well know they need to escape the coaching loop we're in.

It still irks me that we constantly blame the manager for on field decision making faults that should lie squarely on the shoulders of the player.
    Take Hoole for example, whilst he has a certain amount of skill and talent, he's been a professional player long enough now to know that he gets paid to improve himself, his side, and his club. Regardless of what knowledge Jones imparts to him throughout his training, his decision making on field leaves a lot to be desired.
    He pushed himself and his game as an amateur and a semi-professional to get to where he is today, spent years under GVE and Stubbins, and then a year with a coach of the standard of Arnold. By now, he needs to take responsibility and improve or move on.

The issue of Jones constantly putting his support behind him despite performances that he would have benched others for is another entirely.

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyKplunk View Post
    I think we will stick with Jones. Lee and McKinna aren't idiots, they hear what we say and they will well know they need to escape the coaching loop we're in.

It still irks me that we constantly blame the manager for on field decision making faults that should lie squarely on the shoulders of the player.
    Take Hoole for example, whilst he has a certain amount of skill and talent, he's been a professional player long enough now to know that he gets paid to improve himself, his side, and his club. Regardless of what knowledge Jones imparts to him throughout his training, his decision making on field leaves a lot to be desired.
    He pushed himself and his game as an amateur and a semi-professional to get to where he is today, spent years under GVE and Stubbins, and then a year with a coach of the standard of Arnold. By now, he needs to take responsibility and improve or move on.

The issue of Jones constantly putting his support behind him despite performances that he would have benched others for is another entirely.
    But isn't it the coaches job to make sure a player is coached on those mistakes, those lacks of effort, the lack of improvement? It kind of ties into your last point... Hoole has good to great games and then goes missing. There seems to be no accountability on his shoulders for when that happens.

Jones other biggest failure is substitutions... both using them and selecting them.

PS Go join in with Bon and I down in Off the Ball talking music. Bring NiMMERS, if he still exists. We're recently talking new Mastodon, 28 days away.

It's obvious from all the posts here that Jones should be sacked an all coaching decisions should be made through this forum via polls with a slobs option.