Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones is Out (pg 49)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Anyone from this point can take us forward because we can't go any further backward.
    Yes you are right

We will be moving forward under Jones next season .

Because the worst is behind us and it onwards and upwards now

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Yes you are right

We will be moving forward under Jones next season .

Because the worst is behind us and it onwards and upwards now
    Not this again. LOL.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

It does not surprise me what has transpired with Jones and the squad we have. We have yet again fallen in that 7-10 spot which by looking at our playing roster is pretty understandable. It would be interesting to see what people would genuinely mark Jones (pardon the pun) out of 10 given the FULL SQUAD he has at his disposal compared to every other teams. As a whole I would probably say around a 4/10 for me. Would have been nicer to finish higher then CCM, Wello, Adelaide etc but would it honestly matter? If we had finished 7th would everyone say he did an OK job? We had some good runs throughout the season but ultimately finished where we deserved. I can't say though that finishing up to and including 7th was a much better result.
    So it now comes down to two options.
    Does the club pay Jones out, bring in someone proven ($$) to try and attract decent quality players?
    Does the club stick with Jones, open the cheque book and have faith that he will attract the kind of players we need?
    My gut feel is he is in over his head. A decent assistant coach but a little too rough around the edge for the main role. However I'm just not quite ready to knife the bloke until I see what he can do with a decent list of quality players.

We went the cheap option with stubbins who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach and that back fired.
    We went the cheap option with miller who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach. He showed promise and looked capable of improving but then he was gone.
    We went the cheap option with jones who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach and that has back fired also.
    If we keep going for the unproven rookie head coach then we are relying heavily on luck to get results across a WHOLE season.
    Use the off season to find an experienced proven coach and actually pay them a wage that reflects their ability.
    7 seasons without finals means the rookie coach option should be dead and buried. A decent coach given some resources will get some consistent results in the a league.
    Mark Jones looks like a concreter and talks football like a concreter. He was a risky choice and has proven to be a poor choice. No point waiting any longer to get rid of him !

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    It does not surprise me what has transpired with Jones and the squad we have. We have yet again fallen in that 7-10 spot which by looking at our playing roster is pretty understandable. It would be interesting to see what people would genuinely mark Jones (pardon the pun) out of 10 given the FULL SQUAD he has at his disposal compared to every other teams. As a whole I would probably say around a 4/10 for me. Would have been nicer to finish higher then CCM, Wello, Adelaide etc but would it honestly matter? If we had finished 7th would everyone say he did an OK job? We had some good runs throughout the season but ultimately finished where we deserved. I can't say though that finishing up to and including 7th was a much better result.
    So it now comes down to two options.
    Does the club pay Jones out, bring in someone proven ($$) to try and attract decent quality players?
    Does the club stick with Jones, open the cheque book and have faith that he will attract the kind of players we need?
    My gut feel is he is in over his head. A decent assistant coach but a little too rough around the edge for the main role. However I'm just not quite ready to knife the bloke until I see what he can do with a decent list of quality players.
    The fact we don't have any contracted players seeking releases from their contracts shows just how uninspiring the current squad is. They only care about pulling a wage - actually winning a competition means nothing to them.

Quote Originally Posted by R Ramjet View Post
    We went the cheap option with stubbins who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach and that back fired.
    We went the cheap option with miller who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach. He showed promise and looked capable of improving but then he was gone.
    We went the cheap option with jones who was looking for an opportunity to prove himself as a head coach and that has back fired also.
    If we keep going for the unproven rookie head coach then we are relying heavily on luck to get results across a WHOLE season.
    Use the off season to find an experienced proven coach and actually pay them a wage that reflects their ability.
    7 seasons without finals means the rookie coach option should be dead and buried. A decent coach given some resources will get some consistent results in the a league.
    Mark Jones looks like a concreter and talks football like a concreter. He was a risky choice and has proven to be a poor choice. No point waiting any longer to get rid of him !
    By that logic John Aloisi wouldn't have a job nor would many other capable managers. This clubs big problem is too many sub-par players on too much money. Jones is not solely responsible for that.
    As someone else mentioned - If Jones is already on the nose why not keep him there while the club cleans out the dead wood from the roster and bring in the super coach / manager when the clubs ready to actually start building a side.
    Because at the moment we still have ten or so players we cannot get rid of that are not good enough to be part of a successful team - perhaps even more. This means we'd be trying to make the finals next season with at the most 15 players even if we managed to buy the best players we could possibly obtain. An injury or two and it would be season over.

We need 20 plus genuine players. Currently we don't have five worth keeping.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 11-04-2017 at 01:20 PM.

You mean John Aloisi who did get the sack from MC because his results were extraordinarily shit and then spent two years as a coach before getting another gig?

And there aren't 20 genuine players to go around in the A-League. The standard is shit and there aren't enough good Australian players go go around. Make do with the shit we have because that's as good as it gets.

Jones is ****ed.

Our rich owner should be looking at a decent coach as it directly affects the team's performance and it is something that is outside the salary cap - potentially giving us an advantage

Get the feeling well find out his fate the Wednesday or Thursday after the Sydney game
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I was kinda hoping it would be all done and dusted by 7:30pm Saturday 15/4/17...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Stubbins and Jones are twins. Both love wooden spoons

I'm all for stability and keeping a coach, but is Mark Jones really the man to rebuild our squad? In January he brought in Johnny K and a couple of other young unknowns, none who've set the world alight. Does Jones have any contacts outside of Adelaide to bring in new talent? If he does keep his job for next season, I'm not convinced he can bring any real quality into the squad. With Zane as his offsider, I see another rookie coach with little pull when it comes to finding or signing talented players. Without really knowing Jones and Zane and their contacts/links to talent in Australia and overseas, I'm not convinced they're the pair to sort the rabble that is the Jets

Quote Originally Posted by BP Super Dynamos View Post
    I'm all for stability and keeping a coach, but is Mark Jones really the man to rebuild our squad?
    That's the million $ Q. Since we have a chance to find another lets at least have a look

It all comes down to how many millions Mr Lee is willing to invest. If he intends to get one or two O'Caravan kind of players then we may as well keep Jones.
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Get the feeling well find out his fate the Wednesday or Thursday after the Sydney game
    Can you wait that long?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Can you wait that long?
    Gonna have too, Club will do whatever they want reguardless of how fans feel
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

My biggest concern is that the club finally has a chance to appoint an experienced coach to lead the team and they will have the ability to recruit a fair amount of players = no more not my squad bullshit!

Say the club keeps the faith with Jones and it goes from bad to worse next year after he has signed all his players to multi year deals then what?, if they sack Jones its the typical jets routine of not my players, I need an off season, our cap was hindered by the previous players / contracts the manager signed.

The club finally has the chance to gut a fair amount of squad spaces, get an experienced coach in & allow them to control their destiny, no bullshit excuses.

The minimum bench mark if that were to happen would be to finish 5th in the new coach / squads first year with sound salary cap spending and budgeting to spend again in the following off season to build a top 3 squad. The club would have to come right out and state that as an aim for the coach, place some accountability and expectation other than just this pathetic win enough games to be above the bottom 40% of the league.

Patience will be the key, but I can't see any of that happening whilst Jones is here, cut him then cut all the un-contracted players, begin the process of trying to move as many contracted players on now, hell send them to Lee's other 3rd tier Chinese team, its probably the suitable standard for this current jets bunch, recruit a proven experienced coach and go from there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    My biggest concern is that the club finally has a chance to appoint an experienced coach to lead the team and they will have the ability to recruit a fair amount of players = no more not my squad bullshit!

Say the club keeps the faith with Jones and it goes from bad to worse next year after he has signed all his players to multi year deals then what?, if they sack Jones its the typical jets routine of not my players, I need an off season, our cap was hindered by the previous players / contracts the manager signed.

The club finally has the chance to gut a fair amount of squad spaces, get an experienced coach in & allow them to control their destiny, no bullshit excuses.

The minimum bench mark if that were to happen would be to finish 5th in the new coach / squads first year with sound salary cap spending and budgeting to spend again in the following off season to build a top 3 squad. The club would have to come right out and state that as an aim for the coach, place some accountability and expectation other than just this pathetic win enough games to be above the bottom 40% of the league.

Patience will be the key, but I can't see any of that happening whilst Jones is here, cut him then cut all the un-contracted players, begin the process of trying to move as many contracted players on now, hell send them to Lee's other 3rd tier Chinese team, its probably the suitable standard for this current jets bunch, recruit a proven experienced coach and go from there.
    Out of curiosity you hammering on about patience then setting a goal and talking about KPIs and accountability

Sort of hypocritical that

It either patience or accountability for the Jets

Cant really have both

Out of curiosity you hammering on about patience then setting a goal and talking about KPIs and accountability

Cant really have both
    You can have both.

It's a matter of finding the balance between the both.

Set realistic KPIs. Give whoever is to meet these KPIs time to meet them. If and when they don't, hold them accountable.

Jones would have, or should have, been given the minimum target of making the 6. He was given the time to stamp his impression on the side and get them into the 6. For a while he was meeting his target and all was looking fine. Now he is unceremoniously taking the team to the spoon and should be held accountable.

Cant really have both
    Trumpkins are perhaps the most hypocritical creatures in existence (and they don't even realize it!)
    student, writer, and blogger. i would be very glad to see you on my blog