Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 NPL Women's

2024 NPL Women's

Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Rumors of movement of good players from Maitland to Magic? Anyone actually know for sure?

While we are - predictions for the year?

Quote Originally Posted by late_to_the_game View Post
    Rumors of movement of good players from Maitland to Magic? Anyone actually know for sure?

While we are - predictions for the year?
    I have heard of one player making that change was a first grader season just gone. But wouldn?t surprise me if there were more as the new magic coach was at Maitland in their first year.

Have had it confirmed 3 Maitland 1st graders have joined Magic. Any other known transfers? The only teams I have seen posted is Warners Bay and Olympic Youth.

Why don?t clubs post more of these things on their socials? I coach in the Maitland system and have no idea who else has left or who has come into replace them. I understand keeping it quiet whilst still trying to get the moves over the line but let people know when you pull off a good transfer and name squads so everyone knows the squads.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Have had it confirmed 3 Maitland 1st graders have joined Magic. Any other known transfers? The only teams I have seen posted is Warners Bay and Olympic Youth.

Why don?t clubs post more of these things on their socials? I coach in the Maitland system and have no idea who else has left or who has come into replace them. I understand keeping it quiet whilst still trying to get the moves over the line but let people know when you pull off a good transfer and name squads so everyone knows the squads.
    It would be beneficial to announce your signings and get some promotion. The men's leagues do it

Is there any trial match coming up?

Some must only be doing the preseason cup games as trials, as I?ve seen nothing other then magic at the Maso cup.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    It would be beneficial to announce your signings and get some promotion. The men's leagues do it
    The league is dead

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    The league is dead
    I wouldn?t go as far as saying it?s dead, last season we had 5/6 competitive teams that?s probably been the best yet. But I would suggest a face lift is needed, maybe a consideration to merger with the central coast top division needs to be looked at. Now I know very little about that comp but a comp of more then 8 teams would be nice.

Broadmeadow played Emerging Jets today at Magic Park. It was an entertaining game. Jets won 5-2.

Is there any game this weekend? Might go watch if I am too bored.

Quote Originally Posted by MCG_1997 View Post
    Is there any game this weekend? Might go watch if I am too bored.
    Seems like lots of Olympic players are now at Maitland.. do they play each other in a trial??

Who are the coaches getting around this year? Haven?t seen anyone posted..

Quote Originally Posted by SAPDADDY View Post
    Seems like lots of Olympic players are now at Maitland.. do they play each other in a trial??

Who are the coaches getting around this year? Haven?t seen anyone posted..
    Coaches for 2024

Maitland - Keelan Hamilton
    Magic - Nima Nikfarjam
    Adamstown- Martin Slade
    Mid Coast- Mandi Langlar
    Olympic- Craig Atkins ( I believe)
    Charlestown- Not sure
    New Lambton - Not sure
    Warners Bay- Ryan Swinkels

Only a few weeks till the season begins, is there a reason why it is so early this year?

Any trial news?
    Maitland had a big win over Warners bay.

Charlestown lost 3-2 to Sydney Uni

Magic continued collecting silverware winning the maso cup

Quote Originally Posted by Kickandgiggle View Post
    Only a few weeks till the season begins, is there a reason why it is so early this year?
    Northern won't both NPL leagues to kick off the same weekend and they want the NPL grand final to be the final game played in the year. Some comps need to start earlier to ensure this can happen

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Coaches for 2024

Maitland - Keelan Hamilton
    Magic - Nima Nikfarjam
    Adamstown- Martin Slade
    Mid Coast- Mandi Langlar
    Olympic- Craig Atkins ( I believe)
    Charlestown- Not sure
    New Lambton - Not sure
    Warners Bay- Ryan Swinkels
    What happend to the Hollywood actor who was at New Lambton who came from Cardiff ZPL ?

Quote Originally Posted by straightred88 View Post
    What happend to the Hollywood actor who was at New Lambton who came from Cardiff ZPL ?
    I have no idea who the have announced as head coach since Greg Lowe left and went back to the Jets academy. I had a look through there socials of Facebook but found nothing or didn?t look far enough back.

Aaron from Belswans is who I heard went to New Lambton as first grade coach.
    Warners Bay gave Adamstown a run for their money on the weekend in a trial match. Stuck my head in for a look, you could tell Warners Bay don?t want to come last again.
    Not many teams have put too much information out yet about their teams. They all must be trying to keep things quiet for some reason.

Good pick up by NL with Steadman coming in as caretaker coach until the Jets ALW season is over.
    Lots of players still unavailable for most teams due to holidays or work so hard to gauge trial form.
    I was at the Bay v Adamstown game for the Second half. Wasn't a great game but it was refreshing to see two teams trying to play and improve with the players that they have as opposed to the " Big 3" clubs happy to pay overs for not just first graders but Reserve graders just to guarantee success again, new year same thing, just becomes boring.

Statement from Johan Cruyff:
    "Why couldn't you beat a richer club?
    I have never seen a bag of money score a goal".
    I think clubs will need to find the right coach to begin with. Then trust the decision he/she makes and give enough time to develop their players. Depends on the quality of the players they have, it may take a season or two to have decent squad. Otherwise, buy developed players and don't worry about future