Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 Northern League One

2024 Northern League One

Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Hearing news that Wallsend have shut up shop

Quote Originally Posted by Southy Melon View Post
    Heard the same thing, but also heard their zone team is gone as well? Who knows

Quote Originally Posted by Southy Melon View Post
    Heard that too. Unsure about their ZL side

Confirmed on Herald website. Wallsend not fielding teams in seniors or youth football for 2024.

Be interesting to see what happens with the league with promotion and relegation. There was to be none next year to make it a ten team comp and relegation starts in 2025
    Last edited by Taffy; 15-11-2023 at 09:48 AM.

The thistles to take their spot

Very sad news for a once great proud club

Either keep it at 8 or send up the Suns and Dudley and it?ll be 10 team comp all the way through.

Speaking of, any other clubs pulling out or new clubs arriving on the scene? Did all clubs accepting Promotion/Relegation?

*2023 standings

NewFM
    Toronto
    West Wallsend
    Singleton
    Kahibah
    South Cardiff
    Thornton
    Belswans
    Cessnock
    *Wallsend - Gone

ZL1
    Suns
    Dudley
    Warners Bay
    Mayfield
    Kotara South
    Swansea
    Westlakes
    Olympic
    Uni
    Azzurri
    Minmi
    Cardiff City

ZL2
    Azzurri
    Croatia
    Norths
    Stockton
    South Maitland
    New Lambton
    Bolwara
    Merewether
    Mayfield
    *Wallsend - Gone

ZL3
    Southern United
    Lambton
    Kurri Kurri
    Greta
    Nelson Bay
    Barnsley
    Cooks Hill
    Medowie
    Cardiff City
    Bellbird

Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

Why did wallsend fold in northern league 1?

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    Hopefuly someone from the club can answer that.
    "It is not that I am afraid to die; its just that I don't want to be there when it happens" - Woody Allen

They are not being very open on their FB page. This post went up earlier this afternoon.

"just an update there will be no senior trials at this stage we would like to thank everyone that trialed last Thursday and if any further updates become available we will post it here"

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Wallsend provided an under 18 side as Northern Inland could not. I wonder if NNSWF will require any promoted side to fulfil that role as NI won't field an 18s again in 24.
    Don't you only need Youth if intending to be promoted to NPL?

Quote Originally Posted by riverboy View Post
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    No money or committee, people with egos left the club a mess and there?s no recovering
    Your first answer is closest to the mark.

1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
    2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
    3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
    4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3
    5. A seeming lack of community support for the club.

In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

Did they have egos? Probably.
    Did they always agree with each other? Absolutely not.
    Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
    Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

Get back in your box.

If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
    🪞 🪞

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    If everyone remembers correctly, a ego left your club a mess too? Ahlsiemes kicking in I think.
    🪞 🪞
    You?re out of your depth, on your bike big boy

Quote Originally Posted by amishpanda View Post
    Your first answer is closest to the mark.

1. Having no decent council ground to play at, they were forced to pay the Gardens an astronomical fee for what was reportedly the worst pitch in the competition with inadequate lighting and zero off-field support
    2. A lack of committee members meant that the committee of the day could only get through the bare minimum admin work to actually field teams and run the club
    3. Item 2 meant that there was zero capacity to attempt community engagement or sponsorship engagement, or to develop other income streams
    4. There is a lack of financial and business nous within the existing and past committee to turn things around, especially considering items 2 and 3
    5. A seeming lack of community support for the club.

In short; They have nowhere suitable to play but The Gardens. That establishment fleeced that sheep a little too often and it's now dead from exposure.

It's a crying shame that people like FR need to feel good about themselves by throwing s**t at past committee members who only ever wanted the best for the club.

Did they have egos? Probably.
    Did they always agree with each other? Absolutely not.
    Did they often have to fight for what they thought was the right thing to do? Always.
    Did they always endeavor to better the club, and up until this point drag a club with zero community support and a s***show of a facility problem into NL1 and keep it there for a number of years, winning a few GF's in the process? Absolutely, and regardless of their egos or disagreements - every one of them should be proud of the effort they put in to accomplish what they did.

Get back in your box.
    My response is straight from a committee members mouth stupid, not once did I throw shit, your ego is your problem, you have zero idea going off your response, on your bike lad

Quote Originally Posted by W8 WATCHER View Post
    🪞 🪞
    Oh please inform me more, I?m waiting fatso