Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2024 NPL Men's

2024 NPL Men's

Time for the 2024 thread as we are already in pre-season for some clubs.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

I love Valentine. A lot. Adam Hughes and the gang with the new facility. Woo hoo. Go Valo!

So does relegation come into play next season? Or is it still a year off?

I thought it starts this coming season

Starts this season https://www.northernnswfootball.com....r-competitions

At the end of the 2024 season, the team that comes 12th in NPL Men’s NNSW will be relegated to HIT106.9 Northern League One, while the team that finishes first in HIT106.9 Northern League One will be promoted to NPL Men’s NNSW.

The team that finishes 11th in NPL Men’s NNSW will join the teams that finish second, third and fourth in HIT106.9 Northern League One in a promotion/relegation play-off series to determine the 12th team in NPL Men’s NNSW in 2025.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Starts this season https://www.northernnswfootball.com....r-competitions

At the end of the 2024 season, the team that comes 12th in NPL Men’s NNSW will be relegated to HIT106.9 Northern League One, while the team that finishes first in HIT106.9 Northern League One will be promoted to NPL Men’s NNSW.

The team that finishes 11th in NPL Men’s NNSW will join the teams that finish second, third and fourth in HIT106.9 Northern League One in a promotion/relegation play-off series to determine the 12th team in NPL Men’s NNSW in 2025.
    Thats if NL1 wants to go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastwest View Post
    Thats if NL1 wants to go up.
    There is no choice in the matter.

What about clubs with No Youth, are they excluded from the playoffs and auto promotion?

Or are they given the benefit of the doubt to try and organise the Youth Teams over the summer

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    What about clubs with No Youth, are they excluded from the playoffs and auto promotion?

Or are they given the benefit of the doubt to try and organise the Youth Teams over the summer
    While a number of the key criteria have been relaxed to make promotion to NPL much more achievable such as the venue requirements, the consultation process with NPL Men’s and Northern League One clubs supported the Football Australia direction that clubs must have youth teams to compete in NPL. Specifically in our region, they are to be competing in the Premier Youth League.

Should a team without Premier Youth League teams finish as premiers of Northern League One, they will not be promoted to NPL Men’s. In this instance, the team finishing in 11th place (qualifying for the play-offs) will remain in NPL Men’s and the team finishing 12th will take their spot in the relegation playoffs rather than be automatically relegated.

Should a team without Premier Youth League teams finish in one of the play-off spots, they will not contend the play-offs and the remaining play-off teams will move up their position within the play-off. For example if the team finishing third does not have the required teams, the team finishing fourth will take the position of the third place team and face second place in the semi-final. The team finishing 11th in NPL will move straight to the play-off final. For the avoidance of doubt, no extra teams will be added to the play-off series if one of the qualified teams does not meet the required teams.

https://www.northernnswfootball.com....ion-relegation

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post

That usually turns out very bad but if a team or 2 has been relegated there may be whole teams to cross over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Newysports2.0 View Post
    The name is obviously a pisstake if you can’t tell
    Quote Originally Posted by Jardelsimage View Post
    the pisstake is on, who would call themselves after a pedo.....

Magic vs Spirit FC
    First- Magic 3-2
    Reserves- Magic 3-1

Anyone know how Lakes did against the Jets teams this weekend?

Heard the Jets beat a mix of Azzurri first and reserve grade 6 - 0 last week

Trial results
    Edgeworth beat Magic 4-3
    Valentine beat N/Lambton 4-1
    Olympic beat Adamstown 5-0

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Olympic beat Adamstown 5-0
    Interesting season ahead for Rosebuds.Seniors will be one of the favourites to get relegated and their youth looking like they will end the season in Div 3.Hard to recruit players if thats the direction you are heading.Before you ask no,I'm not basing it off one trial result.

What's the mail on their youth? Why Div3?

Quote Originally Posted by AVB View Post
    What's the mail on their youth? Why Div3?
    Just my opinion.Happy to be proven wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by sapdad View Post
    Interesting season ahead for Rosebuds.Seniors will be one of the favourites to get relegated and their youth looking like they will end the season in Div 3.Hard to recruit players if thats the direction you are heading.Before you ask no,I'm not basing it off one trial result.
    I wouldn?t be to worried about a result in Jan. If so New Lambton letting Valo score 4 is a worry to

Quote Originally Posted by The Hacker View Post
    I wouldn?t be to worried about a result in Jan. If so New Lambton letting Valo score 4 is a worry to
    Before you ask no,I'm not basing it off one trial result.
    ?

Starting to see some player movement on socials.. more to come I’m predicting