Thread: 2024 Jets Academies

2024 Jets Academies

For all discussions related to:
    • FNSW League Two Men's
    • FNSW NPL Women's
    • Boys and Girls Youth Leagues
    • Pre-Academy
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Anyone know what happening with all the kids leaving Jets in that 15s age group? I find it strange kids leaving for NPL clubs. Is it the club? The coaching? Or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    Anyone know what happening with all the kids leaving Jets in that 15s age group? I find it strange kids leaving for NPL clubs. Is it the club? The coaching? Or something else?
    Did they leave or were they cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy View Post
    Did they leave or were they cut?
    I know the parents of one of those boys and they were not cut. 6 have gone with 5 legitimately giving up their position and 1 boy cut from the squad. Ive been told boys aren't happy with coaching and parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    I know the parents of one of those boys and they were not cut. 6 have gone with 5 legitimately giving up their position and 1 boy cut from the squad. Ive been told boys aren't happy with coaching and parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.
    Is this 2024 or 2023 14's and 15's?

I think the original question was regarding 2024 U15's age group which has hand a handful of recent departures.
    All opinions expressed here are my own.

"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Is this 2024 or 2023 14's and 15's?

I think the original question was regarding 2024 U15's age group which has hand a handful of recent departures.

Yes I was commenting on the 2024 competitions with selected 15s players leaving already and 14s unhappy about player selection but not leaving that I know of.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired01 View Post
    parents upset the best boys not selected from the area. 14s have similar selection issues.
    While I would say I'm not surprised, like all objective things it may not be true and wouldn't put much stock into who parents think are the best players.
    Last edited by Taffy; 20-11-2023 at 12:25 PM.

No next years 15s so 2024 like the threads name. Not sure about 14s issues but news I got was kids getting pulled up to replace ones that left. Told they got offers but left, only 1 got cut. So now those kids need to be replaced also. In the last year I’ve heard more drama come out of the jets academy then a kardashion episode.
    Coaches, tds, players.
    Who’s even in charge over there now can someone fill us in?

Coworker of mine whose son was rejected by the Jets just signed a professional youth contract with Sheffield Wednesday (he joins them next year as an 18 year old...spent the last two years in Brisbane after being rejected locally)

I don't think the Jets are all that great at this kind of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by WOW2.0 View Post
    Coworker of mine whose son was rejected by the Jets just signed a professional youth contract with Sheffield Wednesday (he joins them next year as an 18 year old...spent the last two years in Brisbane after being rejected locally)

I don't think the Jets are all that great at this kind of stuff
    Not every kid is targeted, lots of kids slip through the system for some reason or another, out of 50 academy kids only one will make it, Wednesday are sitting last in the championship, their academy?s aren?t fantastic due to overload, most would be equivalent to what Australian clubs have, good luck to him

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Not every kid is targeted, lots of kids slip through the system for some reason or another, out of 50 academy kids only one will make it, Wednesday are sitting last in the championship, their academy?s aren?t fantastic due to overload, most would be equivalent to what Australian clubs have, good luck to him
    Maybe, but their u21s who he will be playing with are 3rd in their group though...that's not bad

Their U18s are 4th in the group. I'd also argue that Championship academies aren't like Australian ones. You'd expect better coaches and facilities particularly since they will be competing with other academies as well as an overabundance of coaches means they can take those with more experience and qualifications (requirement to have a UEFA Pro License to be Academy Head, UEFA A to be the team manager)

Winner on most deluded post of 2023.

Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post

Congratulations
    Thanks 🤦*♂️

So who’s idea was it to charge Kids to trial for the academy? You really must be hard up to charge kids to trial. Very concerning at where this academy is heading.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtime Yowie View Post
    So who?s idea was it to charge Kids to trial for the academy? You really must be hard up to charge kids to trial. Very concerning at where this academy is heading.
    Probably the same person who has decided to Auction off Match worn jerseys... Got to make sure Emily goes back overseas with plenty to spend at the Duty Free.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCorner View Post

Congratulations
    Hey Top corner aka Paul,how’s things theses days. Been a minute.

Quote Originally Posted by The Magician View Post
    Probably the same person who has decided to Auction off Match worn jerseys... Got to make sure Emily goes back overseas with plenty to spend at the Duty Free.
    Ah yes makes sense, bad timing to auction off those strips with Messi’s WC shirts also up for grabs.

Herald reports GVE looking like leaving to go to China. Potentially leaving the Jets Academy in limbo again with the direction they want to go in. Who takes over as academy TD who takes over as W-League coach. I?m not confident his right hand man Ryan is the right guy for either role.

Quote Originally Posted by onlooker View Post
    Herald reports GVE looking like leaving to go to China. Potentially leaving the Jets Academy in limbo again with the direction they want to go in. Who takes over as academy TD who takes over as W-League coach. I?m not confident his right hand man Ryan is the right guy for either role.
    Might get a few of the boys back and regain some integrity if thats the case. Theres been some dodgy people passing through that place.