I hope this doesn't get ugly.

54 is way too young.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

ding dong

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    she was a horrendous, awful person and should be remembered as such

cancer is an indiscriminate, uncaring foe and no one deserves it

Here comes all the Australian media personalities who stayed the f*** away from her the last 18 months due to her dribble onto social media to say how great she was.
    There's only one thing worse than Wilson & that's cancer.

Cancer is horrible and I wish it upon no one.

But let us never forget the subhuman that Wilson was. Glass houses or whatever.
    OK

No one should go age 54......Hope RBB will have a round of applause 54th minute tomorrow
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

she made people uncomfortable with opinion based criticism of their beloved sport.
    rather than deal with the issues she raised people found it easier to demonise her.

id say 95% of what she said was based on fact, and was sourced from people at the top of their sport.

remember she was mouth piece for David Gallop and others. Things that came through her were no doubt run by the boss first.
    I always found the 'hate' for her so very weird. Everyone is going to point to the one article* outing the fans who were banned. But again, rather than deal with the transgressions that were alleged to have happened, or the system in place to deal with them, EVERYONE decided that it was all her fault.
    You could then point to the fact that article was the tipping point to change the system and embarrass some of these idiots enough to reign in their behaviour.
    but again, she's a **** for daring to mention it right?

a lot of people out there today cheering her death are the same people, who when they hear someone chant 'black lives matter' immediately counter with "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME".

*does anyone have that article to post here? id never been able to read the whole thing, only the 'quotes' and other peoples opinions on it. As we all know, context and all. if someone could help out that would be dandy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

The article got taken down - I assume because Wilson & her publisher etc were taken to court/forced to settle over the going-ons of how she got the information to produce the article. The main issue with the article was the information was leaked, by her, without FFA or police consent.

The other big issue people had was her beat-ups of events that happened in the football world that she would then completely ignore for the NRL/AFL world.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    she made people uncomfortable with opinion based criticism of their beloved sport.
    rather than deal with the issues she raised people found it easier to demonise her.

id say 95% of what she said was based on fact, and was sourced from people at the top of their sport.

remember she was mouth piece for David Gallop and others. Things that came through her were no doubt run by the boss first.
    I always found the 'hate' for her so very weird. Everyone is going to point to the one article* outing the fans who were banned. But again, rather than deal with the transgressions that were alleged to have happened, or the system in place to deal with them, EVERYONE decided that it was all her fault.
    You could then point to the fact that article was the tipping point to change the system and embarrass some of these idiots enough to reign in their behaviour.
    but again, she's a **** for daring to mention it right?

a lot of people out there today cheering her death are the same people, who when they hear someone chant 'black lives matter' immediately counter with "YEAH, BUT WHAT ABOUT BLACK ON BLACK CRIME".

*does anyone have that article to post here? id never been able to read the whole thing, only the 'quotes' and other peoples opinions on it. As we all know, context and all. if someone could help out that would be dandy.
    She broke Ben Kennedy's Achilles - how can you defend her ?

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The main issue with the article was the information was leaked, by her, without FFA or police consent.
    Again, thats my point. The outrage wasn't, "hey look at these people who did the wrong* thing". The outrage was "how dare you tell everyone". Besides, without people leaking classified info MFKS would never have found out BK done 9/11.

The other big issue people had was her beat-ups of events that happened in the football world that she would then completely ignore for the NRL/AFL world.
    I know this is a common theme with her but without an accurate register of her articles id bet many many trays of Cons finest mangos that its no where near true.
    She wrote way way way more negative articles about the NRL than soccer, it wouldn't even be close. You could argue she was more critical of soccer 'fans' than the NRL, but not the sport overall. As for AFL, well she's a sydney based journo, and for most of her career her reference point were the Sydney Swans, who over the last decade have been held up as one of the most professionally run sporting clubs in the country. She was certainly into the AFL/Essendon (and Cronulla) when the ASADA drugs scandal went on, and was more critical of James Hird than probably any one else ever.

Also, if you get a chance read up on her opinions of Nic D'arcy, Kerem Bulut and Andrew Fafita. All 3 pretty much had varying degrees of off field issues and she outed and criticised all 3 (including the sporting bodies who employed them), yet the blowback was interesting from each sets of those sports' "fans".
    Last edited by plague; 07-10-2016 at 03:28 PM.

My dislike of the woman goes right back to the days of "Live and Sweaty" on ABC - at the end of one panel discussion on AFL/NRL, "don't forget the NSL Grand Final this weekend".

Wilson's response - "Who cares?"

She focussed too much on the negative for mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    My dislike of the woman goes right back to the days of "Live and Sweaty" on ABC - at the end of one panel discussion on AFL/NRL, "don't forget the NSL Grand Final this weekend".

Wilson's response - "Who cares?"

She focussed too much on the negative for mine.
    So you're both being petty?
    What's your point here, other than admitting to watching shows like 'live and sweaty' in the hope of some hard hitting analysis and hot takes?

I'd rate her no better or worse than most journos. They are a different breed and they rarely if ever take the consequences of their actions into consideration.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 07-10-2016 at 03:51 PM.

She was a tabloid Journo who did tabloid journalism very well.
    The sport we love was just one focus of her tabloid journalism.
    It's all moot now.

There's not many folk who deserve to go at 54, and tabloid journalists aren't among those who do.

Cancer is a ****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I'd rate her no better or worse than most journos. They are a different breed and they rarely if ever take the consequences of their actions into consideration.
    Yeah but it can be argued that 99% of the population works their job with minimal consideration for others.

It's just that ours aren't so public.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So you're both being petty?
    What's your point here, other than admitting to watching shows like 'live and sweaty' in the hope of some hard hitting analysis and hot takes?
    Just noting I never liked the woman - I don't see why we should suddenly change tack when someone passes on, however tragic.

Always reminds of this classic....

Last edited by Jetmaster; 07-10-2016 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Just noting I never liked the woman - I don't see why we should suddenly change tack when someone passes on, however tragic.
    Oh hey man I've got no problem with someone not changing their stance.

That's why I hate Santo Sam and Ed so much. They are always making fun of soccer and soccer players.

I will shed no tears when they go either.

ok, would be interested to hear your thoughts on old Dave Leyonhjelm's tweet:
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Some of the comments I've seen on Twitbook have been far worse than they need to have been.

I mean - "the c*** is dead" is too far. But, that is how polarising she was.