View Poll Results: Which kick-off time do you prefer?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Friday/Saturday Evenings

32 80.00%
  • Saturday/Sunday Afternoons

4 10.00%
  • Slobs (No preference)

4 10.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which kick-off time do you prefer?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Letting Fox call all the shots demonstrates what jelly backs the FFA really are. Fox might have paid a lot of money for the rights and all but if the FFA aren't in charge then you really need to question why they even exist.
    No doubt Fox control the kick off times to fit in with their programming and as Gaz states also this happens around the world but I still think FFA have some influence in the fixtures. Like I've said above, FFA want to maximise the next TV deal and to do that they want ratings as high as possible.....hence the so-called "big city" teams playing the overwhelming majority of prime time games on Friday and Saturday night both last season and now this season.
    Once the deal is finalised, clubs like us and the Mariners have to start speaking up and making some noise and demanding a fairer schedule.
    Especially if we can improve on the field and improve on 8th I would say we have every farken right to demand more then 2 + (1 in Coffs) evening home matches.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    same can be said for almost every FA in the world then.

TV ru(i)ns football.

the classico in La Liga kicked off at 10pm once - all for TV

id hope FFA are taking a stronger stance in negatioans for the next TV deal though and wanting more control of kickoff times.
    still, th ebetter the TV audience the beetr the sponsorship for the league - it just sucks that some clubs are seeing better benefits. But it coyuld be worse - we could have been relegated already
    Yup but my previous post has shown that even with TV a deal can be made... the new tv deal in switzerland is a massive increase.. but games only being shown in 2 time slots, all games shown and 1 channel showing the conference... Germany also pushing it re game times..

although both 2nd divisions have a monday..

Its about being strong and whats best for the game..

hey a 5pm game in winter no problem, but in the aussie summer its just absurd.

One way they could increase night games is by pushing brisbane roar Saturday games back an hour (8:50pm nsw time) or even later for all that I care. Still a 7:50pm local time but allows a later kickoff at 6:35pm as oppose to 5:35pm. Sure its not ideal but could help.

Biggest thing however I've noticed this season is wellington having all their home games at 7pm & 7:35pm local time which imo has dramatically cut down the chances of having more Saturday games.

But if the weather stays nice I'm not gonna complain too much about saturday & sunday 5pm games. Better then playing midweek and having even lower crowds.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Superdylan View Post

But if the weather stays nice I'm not gonna complain too much about saturday & sunday 5pm games. Better then playing midweek and having even lower crowds.
    no chance. It will be hotter than 10 nuns narsties in a cupla weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    no chance. It will be hotter than 10 nuns narsties in a cupla weeks.
    Yeah If I recall last season we dodged a few bullets in that either side of a few arvo games the temps were well into the 30's while on matchday it was mid-20's.
    I think we may have had 2 games where the temp was over 30 degrees.
    Might not be so lucky this season.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Yeah If I recall last season we dodged a few bullets in that either side of a few arvo games the temps were well into the 30's while on matchday it was mid-20's.
    I think we may have had 2 games where the temp was over 30 degrees.
    Might not be so lucky this season.
    We also had a few rain affected/overcast saturday/sunday games too.

Hottest game I can ever remember though was that 40 degrees day back in season 5 when we played the phoenix at home. Only 4000 turned up for that one & the active support was silent most of the second half.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

We also had a few rain affected/overcast saturday/sunday games too.

Hottest game I can ever remember though was that 40 degrees day back in season 5 when we played the phoenix at home. Only 4000 turned up for that one & the active support was silent most of the second half.
    Peak temp that day was actually 44 degrees!

Very interesting to hear Bozza last night say how much better night games are in terms of atmosphere and quality of play.

Remember that one. I left at halftime, the Sunnysides air con got man of the match. Pretty sure we were losing at halftime too weren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Remember that one. I left at halftime, the Sunnysides air con got man of the match. Pretty sure we were losing at halftime too weren't we?
    Yeah, ended up losing 1-0.
    Youth team played a few games that season and I remember they played that day too as my young bloke was one of the ballboys.
    It was hot but the westerly blowing made it even worse. Sitting in the eastern stand that day would have been unbearable, temp probably 50 degrees plus.

I have had some good feedback on these stats by a number of people amazed by the disparities.

I would like to escalate this to somebody in the media to have a look - any ideas, just start with the Herald? (Sydney journos would probably throw it in the bin!)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I have had some good feedback on these stats by a number of people amazed by the disparities.
    Why is anyone amazed?
    You've been given the reason why. It's no secret, not from the broadcaster, or the FFA.

I would like to escalate this to somebody in the media to have a look - any ideas, just start with the Herald? (Sydney journos would probably throw it in the bin!)
    Send to Michael Lynch. I emailed him after a recent article and he got back to me. Surprising really but he might take it up. Also looks like Cockerill is leaning toward the anti City bandwagon too,

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Why is anyone amazed?
    You've been given the reason why. It's no secret, not from the broadcaster, or the FFA.
    Sick of being buttf***** Plague.....never say never...forza little guy....ANZAC spirit and all that.

Sick of being buttf***** Plague.....never say never...forza little guy....ANZAC spirit and all that.
    It's all about making some noise, otherwise no can hear you if you say nothing!