Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 3 | Western Sydney v Newcastle Jets | Sun 23 Oct 2016, 7:00PM

Played like shit, got a point. Results like that are the ones that win leagues come season end.

Apparently. That's what all the smurf fans keep saying after their turgid performance with multiple ref **** ups costing Nix the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Played like shit, got a point. Results like that are the ones that win leagues come season end.

Apparently. That's what all the smurf fans keep saying after their turgid performance with multiple ref **** ups costing Nix the game.
    Wellington waz robbed

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I was quite impressed again by Vujica at left back. Think we have found a good young player. Hopefully we sign him up long term, but he will probably be playing for Sydney FC next season
    Blokes a legend.
    He wanted to come straight to the fans after the whistle and was calling for the rest of the players to join him. Then one of them reminded him to shake the wanderers hand, players then proceeded to their little huddle before coming to thank the fans after most had left.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Man U have been doing it for years s.

Vujica looks good. Reckon he would go alright on the wing too if we decide Hoole isn't the best option on the left for us. Seemed to skin a few blokes pretty easy yesterday.

Hoole should be tried in the centre i reckon. He is good at skipping past last man and can pass decently when he is switched on. Will also put less pressure on him to run and dribble at players which he has shown he shits his pants every time he has to do
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Hoole should be tried in the centre i reckon. He is good at skipping past last man and can pass decently when he is switched on. Will also put less pressure on him to run and dribble at players which he has shown he shits his pants every time he has to do
    Brown is better than Hoole though

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Brown is better than Hoole though
    yes he is but we need to find a way to get the best out of hoole
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Anyone with the game saved somewhere, have a look at this (88th minute):
    (Cheers to Omelette for 'help' on acquiring this one )

Andrew Deadbrain calls for 4 in the wall and goes to his LH post to line it up.
    Nico Martinez moves in temporarily after as a 5th player BUT Nico then leaves the wall
    to go top of the D to mark Brown. Looks to me that the wall shuffles marginally to the right
    for the moment Nico is there but doesn't readjust.
    Hoole sneaks it in to see the RBB shower all Jets players with celebratory drinks.

You could see the way Hoole lined up the free he was always going around the wall.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Man U have been doing it for years s.
    Smartest thing you've ever said!

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    yes he is but we need to find a way to get the best out of hoole
    Nah, Hoole needs to work out how to get the best out of himself.

He should be able to hit a 10m pass. He can beat a man. He has pace. IMO these types of players are better suited out wide. He needs to either learn how to cut in and shoot or hit a cross with both feet. Preferably he'll learn both of these skill sets.

He's not a no. 10 imo. He simply lacks the passing range and shooting ability.

i'd like to see us run Brown next to Ugarkovic personally, he is good at attacking mid but he also does a lot of tracking back, makes me think he would work better as more of a box to box mid with someone like Hoole or Clut at attacking mid. Gets Kanta out of the mids and i'd say brown would be better then poljak in that position too

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Nico Martinez moves in temporarily after as a 5th player BUT Nico then leaves the wall
    to go top of the D to mark Brown. Looks to me that the wall shuffles marginally to the right
    Hoole sneaks it in to see the RBB shower all Jets players with celebratory drinks.
    Nice analysis.. Hoole though was oblivious to this as they asked him post game what he was thinking when he went there and he didnt really have an answer. More just hit and hope knowing Redmayne is shite!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Quote Originally Posted by RAM View Post
    Nah, Hoole needs to work out how to get the best out of himself.

He should be able to hit a 10m pass. He can beat a man. He has pace. IMO these types of players are better suited out wide. He needs to either learn how to cut in and shoot or hit a cross with both feet. Preferably he'll learn both of these skill sets.

He's not a no. 10 imo. He simply lacks the passing range and shooting ability.
    1st thing hoole the fool needs is control, when (and I doubt he will learn this now at his age) he can stop/trap the ball within a foot of his body, he could go alright.
    He gives opposition players to much show of the ball.
    Get the basics right and the rest will follow...he has shown some ability?
    But he needs this to happen sooner rather than later, why do you think Arnold let him go so easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Retro Jet View Post

Mentioned this on the pod...sorry I couldn't remember it was you, RetroJet
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Another review from Zachs JetTalk