View Poll Results: What A-League player would you most like to bring back to Newy?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Adam Taggart

13 40.63%
  • Tarek Elrich

5 15.63%
  • James Holland

1 3.13%
  • Jacob Pepper

0 0%
  • Josh Brillante

8 25.00%
  • David Carney

0 0%
  • Jade North

2 6.25%
  • Liam Reddy

0 0%
  • Andrew Durante

0 0%
  • Connor Chapman

0 0%
  • Slobs

3 9.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would bring back to the Jets?

none, they all went to play for bigger clubs and be world stars. We'll stick with the honest strugglers

Where is Corbo now? He could solve any problem we have with the squad.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Where is Corbo now? He could solve any problem we have with the squad.
    He'd solve the fact that our discipline so far has been exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    He'd solve the fact that our discipline so far has been exceptional.
    Did Ugarkovic get a yellow for the challenge he made on Dimas (I think) in the second half? It's not recorded anywhere I saw but I thought he did.

If not, the only 2 cards we have received this season have been for back back chat (Hoole) and kicking the ball away (I think) for Nabbout
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Eags...

I think Brilliante alongside Uga in the middle of the park would be a great combo and with their ages you could build a long term partnership

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    I think Brilliante alongside Uga in the middle of the park would be a great combo and with their ages you could build a long term partnership
    FFS - don't give Arnie ideas!

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    Song
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Did Ugarkovic get a yellow for the challenge he made on Dimas (I think) in the second half? It's not recorded anywhere I saw but I thought he did.

If not, the only 2 cards we have received this season have been for back back chat (Hoole) and kicking the ball away (I think) for Nabbout
    That makes it even more impressive but equally frustrating - two stupid yellows but at least we've seemingly worked on eliminating the rash/stupid challenges that plagued most of our team last season.

There you have it lads.... put all your $ on Boogs getting a red this weekend coming.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Agree about Taggart, wonderful talent but he appears to be made of glass.

Could Brillante, Ugga, and Brown all play together ? Because I wouldn't want to lose either of the existing pair for Brillante.
    Holland is no better than what we already have and yet would probably command more coin. I'd take him if Brillante wasn't an option as long as we didn't lose Ugga or Brown.
    I originally chose Brillante (refer pg 1) but wasn't entirely convinced to have him ahead of Taggart or Holland.
    I thought Saturday's match pretty much confirmed my opinion....a definite YES! He worked tirelessly for the full 90 minutes, breaking down our attacks, dropping back deep to link their defence and midfield. On that display he would walk into this current squad, yes ahead of Ugar or Brown as a #6 or #8.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    I originally chose Brillante (refer pg 1) but wasn't entirely convinced to have him ahead of Taggart or Holland.
    I thought Saturday's match pretty much confirmed my opinion....a definite YES! He worked tirelessly for the full 90 minutes, breaking down our attacks, dropping back deep to link their defence and midfield. On that display he would walk into this current squad, yes ahead of Ugar or Brown as a #6 or #8.
    Brillante is a completely different type of player. I note you don't mention his ability as a playmaker / passer of the ball - or as a goal scorer - traits which the other two possess. He is though fast, energetic, and a wonderful defensive player - his pressing has always been first class - even when he was a Jet. The Jets really need someone with the skills of Brillante, Ugar, and Brown combined.

Then there is the question of money and Brillante would cost the Jets a hell of a lot more coin than they would be spending on Brown or Ugar.

With our defensive stocks the way they are, north or durante would do nicely at present even though they are past their prime

Brillante is a completely different type of player. I note you don't mention his ability as a playmaker / passer of the ball - or as a goal scorer - traits which the other two possess. He is though fast, energetic, and a wonderful defensive player - his pressing has always been first class - even when he was a Jet. The Jets really need someone with the skills of Brillante, Ugar, and Brown combined.

Then there is the question of money and Brillante would cost the Jets a hell of a lot more coin than they would be spending on Brown or Ugar.
    I think you are getting a little sidetracked Dunster as the Thread is simply a hypothetical poll about "Who would you bring back to the Jets"?
    We all know we do not have the coin for a Taggart, a Brillante or a Holland.
    I chose Brillante and I answered your question about how could we fit all three....Brillante, Ugar and Brown together, Brillante would be the first one chosen whether ahead of Ugar at #6 or Brown at #8. His mobility and pressing is definitely what this team misses in the middle of the park.

I think you are getting a little sidetracked Dunster as the Thread is simply a hypothetical poll about "Who would you bring back to the Jets"?
    We all know we do not have the coin for a Taggart, a Brillante or a Holland.
    I chose Brillante and I answered your question about how could we fit all three....Brillante, Ugar and Brown together, Brillante would be the first one chosen whether ahead of Ugar at #6 or Brown at #8. His mobility and pressing is definitely what this team misses in the middle of the park.
    Without getting to sidetracked.
    We do have the coin for all 3 of those you mentioned, we just have an owner who hasn't seen enough yet to warrant spending the coin.
    Weather you see his conservative approach as positive or negative is quite subjective.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Connor Chapman I'd love to have back. He was very impressive playing for the Youth team and has as much natural talent as I have seen for a long time.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 31-10-2016 at 07:33 PM.

Connor Chapman I'd love to have back. He was very impressive playing for the Youth team and has as much natural talent as I have seen for a long time.
    Yes, he was a player who came here young with a lot of promise and I couldn't understand why we released him after only a couple of years or so to another A-League club. City are now starting to reap the benefits.

Yes, he was a player who came here young with a lot of promise and I couldn't understand why we released him after only a couple of years or so to another A-League club. City are now starting to reap the benefits.
    because he is

brilliante isn't much better

I couldn't understand why we released him
    heres your answer mate
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG