Page 65 of 93 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 1855

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Also also - the social media guys must be loving that Lawrie has chucked these photos up.. before the club website, club twitter, viva website/twitter (if they even have these things??), etc. No official announcements, just an @ and # less photos from Lawrie ops:
    http://www.newcastlejets.com.au/arti...s16l0cgbau48hx

“We believe that Newcastle Jets are a terrific fit for us because we have a common goal to produce and excel at the elite level.”
    Should add "but like the Jerks, we will be seriously disappointing and deliver nothing but shit for fans"

time to buy up on BLK sell-off gear as I'm sure our new 'elite' gear aint gonna be as good (and that's saying something)...
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

You know you've nailed down a great kit supplier and designer when they copy your last shit design, the blk work experience kid must have got a new placement with viva.

For those interested check out the nbn interviews from tonight's coverage, poor contrast selection for the red and blue again, copied the blk shoulder look and the squad is even still using the old blk training gear, but at least this abortion of a club somehow managed to organise a couple of shirts for the media interviews at the end of the story.

I hate seeing the typical Newcastle fan sprouting the blue and red are Newcastle's colours shit, and the usual nonsense about how that's always been Newcastle's colours with the first reason always given as knights..... Let's get back to having our own identity for ****s sake!

After Vivas lack of any effort at all I'm half motivated to reinstall Photoshop and see if I can come up with something better myself, it shouldn't be that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Photoshop? You could create something better in MS Paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    You know you've nailed down a great kit supplier and designer when they copy your last shit design, the blk work experience kid must have got a new placement with viva.
    "Let's do what they didn't like last time"
    OK

God I truly hate those colours. We are gold or E&C. We won trophies with both those colours.

We have won two spoons in the Knightshade.

Would rather we go back to the days of violet crumble.

I know it's just the training kit, but already I'm not impressed. I really wanted us to aim high with the new supplier. If you're in sharp looking gear, then it helps you feel good on game day. Why did Shankly change Liverpool's kit to be all red? So it made his team look like monsters and they played like that.

As Pico mentioned, I noticed the font and brand naming as being very similar to BLK. Are they a BLK phoenix company?

The design looks like something you'd make while picking the shirt design for your online fantasy team.

I really think we missed the boat here. I'll wait and see what the kit looks like when completed but I'm not holding my breath.

ALSO - this won't go any way to solving the ongoing issue with the club's colours. The debate continues and I think the club need to show some initiative by clearly and once and for all hold a proper vote for all members to choose the club's kit PRIMARY colours. As with all clubs around the world, away kits can alternate between a variety. Otherwise the same argument will come up every year - "I want blue", "I want navy blue", "Where's E&C?", "Bring back gold", "The black and white kit was great", "We should just have a white away kit". You're not goign to please everyone but let the members follow a democratic process.

Because ultimately, the colours were changed WITHOUT our consultation by Stinkle in the first placer. We, the fans and members, should have the vote whether we want the colours to remain or change. I think that's what it all boils down to.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 27-06-2017 at 09:20 AM.
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Seeing Emile Heskey in E&C was the best moment of my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    ALSO - this won't go any way to solving the ongoing issue with the club's colours. The debate continues and I think the club need to show some initiative by clearly and once and for all hold a proper vote for all members to choose the club's kit PRIMARY colours. As with all clubs around the world, away kits can alternate between a variety. Otherwise the same argument will come up every year - "I want blue", "I want navy blue", "Where's E&C?", "Bring back gold", "The black and white kit was great", "We should just have a white away kit". You're not goign to please everyone but let the members follow a democratic process.

Because ultimately, the colours were changed WITHOUT our consultation by Stinkle in the first placer. We, the fans and members, should have the vote whether we want the colours to remain or change. I think that's what it all boils down to.
    WSW colours/name/etc were voted on by their fanbase. And look how successful it was for them.

But clearly our club is afraid of using common sense, keeping members happy, and getting the best possible product. So we'll stick to the decisions of the lady at the front office signing off on kits for the foreseeable future, I'd guess.

And may I bring it up again - we have had a vote in the past. 76% of the fans voted for e&c.

EDIT: surely this can't be THAT hard to setup either. What about those surveys they send out sproadically - what sponsors did you see at the game on the weekend.. who is your player of the year.. etc.

Surely someone in the club can setup a survey monkey or something, and ask what do you want the CLUB COLOURS to be, what colour do you want HOME KIT to be, etc. It'd just be a matter of making sure options are extensive enough - my prime eg being don't just ask if you want the club colours to be red & blue, but also ask navy & red, as there is such a stark difference between what I consider to be an awful royal blue vs a navy. It can't be that hard to setup and evaluate, surely.
    Last edited by pv4; 27-06-2017 at 10:12 AM.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    WSW colours/name/etc were voted on by their fanbase. And look how successful it was for them.

But clearly our club is afraid of using common sense, keeping members happy, and getting the best possible product. So we'll stick to the decisions of the lady at the front office signing off on kits for the foreseeable future, I'd guess.

And may I bring it up again - we have had a vote in the past. 76% of the fans voted for e&c.

EDIT: surely this can't be THAT hard to setup either. What about those surveys they send out sproadically - what sponsors did you see at the game on the weekend.. who is your player of the year.. etc.

Surely someone in the club can setup a survey monkey or something, and ask what do you want the CLUB COLOURS to be, what colour do you want HOME KIT to be, etc. It'd just be a matter of making sure options are extensive enough - my prime eg being don't just ask if you want the club colours to be red & blue, but also ask navy & red, as there is such a stark difference between what I consider to be an awful royal blue vs a navy. It can't be that hard to setup and evaluate, surely.
    Just for clarity, The club colours (i.e. those on the logo) haven't changed. The colour of the kits have.

Also that 76% vote was for the away kit for that season (the other options being black and white stripe or whole white kit). It wasn't for the home kit - which was red and blue stripe with gold neck. The home kit is what I see people arguing for.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I like the training shirt in those photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Surely this can't be an FFA Cup kit. My division 7 team's kit is better.
    Last edited by Couscous; 27-06-2017 at 05:07 PM. Reason: I omitted the word 'Cup'. So it previously read 'an FFA kit', which doesn't make much sense. I hope no one was confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Just for clarity, The club colours (i.e. those on the logo) haven't changed. The colour of the kits have.

Also that 76% vote was for the away kit for that season (the other options being black and white stripe or whole white kit). It wasn't for the home kit - which was red and blue stripe with gold neck. The home kit is what I see people arguing for.
    Club colours are almost always the predominant colours of a home kit. So if people want a home kit of vastly different colour to the logo, that calls into play a change in official club colours.

The 76% is the only objective statistic we have available for basically any fan input into anything. Regardless of context, how often can you get a fanbase (ours in particular) to have more than three quarters agree on something? And yet the club will ignore it.. again..
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post

Surely this can't be an FFA kit. My division 7 team's kit is better.
    uga looks so happy to be there.

Here's our kit !

aleague.jpg

Aleague going along with our kit theme this year.

Shitty washed out colours.

Must be our time to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    aleague.jpg

Aleague going along with our kit theme this year.

Shitty washed out colours.

Must be our time to win it.
    This was a fan made logo and voted on by the public.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    This was a fan made logo and voted on by the public.
    Logo is fine.

Colours are not.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    Logo is fine.

Colours are not.
    Colours are Perth

aren't the logos doing the MLS thing this season and we all wear the same league logo but he colours adapt to our club?

or some new age shit like that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.