Page 31 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Who was heckling our players?
    All i could hear was a certain supporter actively heckling the opposition, the refs, etc
    Don't know who they were, but around me there were several different groups getting stuck into Galloway, Kanta and Virgili mostly.

There was plenty of stuff I could hear from elsewhere directed at Vukovic that was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    Don't know who they were, but around me there were several different groups getting stuck into Galloway, Kanta and Virgili mostly.
    And why wouldn't they....They should have got stuck into Goodwin as well

WSW kits for this season:

Away looks unreal.

Home needs black shorts.
    OK

Jeez it'll be nice to have Nike as our kit supplier.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

That'll be the day

Away looks like their home shirts are inside-out. Awful IMHO

Brisbane have announced that UMBRO will be their kit supplier for the next 4 years. With an exclusivity clause to be the only club for the upcoming season with umbro kits. Of note through a partnership with amart and rebel shirts will retail for under $100.
    Brisbane Roar Football Club has announced iconic football kit manufacturer Umbro as the club’s apparel partner for the next four Hyundai A-League seasons.
    In addition to providing playing and training kit for Brisbane Roar’s Hyundai A-League, Westfield W-League and Foxtel National Youth League teams, the Umbro partnership will leverage the retail strength of Rebel and Amart Sports to manage the club’s game day merchandise and provide an expanded online experience.

Initial exclusivity was a priority for Brisbane Roar, meaning the three-time Hyundai A-League Champions will be the only club in the competition wearing the double diamonds in the 2014/15 season.

Brisbane Roar Managing Director Sean Dobson spoke highly of the new partnership, in particular Umbro’s approach to excellence and innovation.

“We are extremely excited to announce our association with Umbro,” Dobson said.

“Umbro has a strong heritage in our sport and it’s fitting that on the 10 year anniversary of the club’s inception that we partner with such an iconic football brand.

“We’ve worked very closely with Umbro to ensure the best quality and designs for our playing kits and by partnering with Rebel and Amart Sports can confirm the jerseys will retail for under $100.”

Umbro Australia Brand Manager Ryan Pittaway said the partnership marks a special milestone in the brand’s history.

“Umbro celebrates our 90th birthday this year, so to partner with the reigning Hyundai A-League Champions in their tenth anniversary year definitely adds to the excitement of the occasion,” Pittaway said.

“No other football brand comes close in terms of experience and this is what gives us the edge in delivering the world class football kit we know the Brisbane Roar players and fans expect.

“We want to ensure professional quality equipment is accessible to grassroots football teams and fans, so we’ve also developed a range of $40 complete Umbro football kits, which are available at Amart Sports and Rebel stores across Queensland.”

Brisbane Roar will reveal their kit for the upcoming season over the coming days.
    http://www.brisbaneroar.com.au/artic...w1lf5qyblqw9k5

Umbro is owned by Nike

Quote Originally Posted by foti68 View Post
    Umbro is owned by Nike
    Actually nike sold umbro to iconix about 2 years ago.

Hence why man city and England moved to nike along with other clubs
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Brings back memories of the seventies...these were the only two brands you had in those days !

terrible

also have they put some CCM trademark stars on there or something?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    also have they put some CCM trademark stars on there or something?
    Least the Roar have at least won something.

Looks far too Orange for me

I don’t like the white, seems weird for a team that has previously emphasised black and orange as their strong colours, would have thought that a black piece at the neck would have made more sense.

I’ll be honest I also think they wasted an opportunity with the new logo, its ok, but a little too simple and Peugeot-esque for my liking.

Having said that its still better then anything HSG has managed to get from a kit supplier and its cheaper too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

If the club wasn't an extension of hollandia-inala but of the Brisbane Knights or Rocklea united, is there any chance a new kit copying the croation national team would have been acceptable for the FFA?

Brisbane kit and logo is ugly

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post

Dutch!!! please. More like tangerine Brisbane mimicking the Seasiders
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    If the club wasn't an extension of hollandia-inala but of the Brisbane Knights or Rocklea united, is there any chance a new kit copying the croation national team would have been acceptable for the FFA?
    exactly my thinking! Somehow the national club identity policy doesn't apply here. Kutgw FFA.
    OK

The logo looks like its trying too hard to be something.

I like the design & cut of the strip - just not the colour(s). Much better than our Rugby strip.

The Holland thing is bullshit. The Roar design isn't a national strip. It is an orange strip. There are plenty of others worldwide.
    E.G. Blackpool, Barnet, Dundee utd, Wolves, Newport county and that is just from the UK.