Page 32 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    The Holland thing is bullshit. The Roar design isn't a national strip. It is an orange strip. There are plenty of others worldwide.
    E.G. Blackpool, Barnet, Dundee utd, Wolves, Newport county and that is just from the UK.
    I haven't researched any of those orange-wearing teams you've just listed, but how many of them have Dutch heritage in their club, like the Roar do?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I haven't researched any of those orange-wearing teams you've just listed, but what fvcking colour is their keepers kit? Will it clash??
    Fixed for you mate..

Quote Originally Posted by howardyou View Post
    The logo looks like its trying too hard to be something.

I like the design & cut of the strip - just not the colour(s). Much better than our Rugby strip.

The Holland thing is bullshit. The Roar design isn't a national strip. It is an orange strip. There are plenty of others worldwide.
    E.G. Blackpool, Barnet, Dundee utd, Wolves, Newport county and that is just from the UK.
    Its the mighty (or not so mighty this season) Cardiff Tigers!
    WE DON'T DO WALKING AWAY !

Howard - see below and tell me if it is still bullshit?

http://www.asianfootballfeast.com/a-...brisbane-roar/

Brisbane’s history as a club dates back to 1957 when Hollandia-Inala Soccer Club was formed by Dutch migrants. The club adopted the name Brisbane Lions in the 1970′s, however they agreed to change their name to Queensland Lions after the formation of an AFL club with the same name.

The Queensland Lions were one of two consortiums who bid for an A-League licence in Brisbane at the inception of the A-League and on 1 November 2004 they were confirmed as the owners of the Brisbane team for the A-League.
    The national club identity policy is a farce as-is, but if the FFA are going to let basically every non-cro ethnic tie through then it is a disgrace. Double standards everywhere. Normal service has resumed from the FFA, after what I thought was a huge positive change when Gallop came in.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Fixed for you mate..
    OK

I haven't researched any of those orange-wearing teams you've just listed, but how many of them have Dutch heritage in their club, like the Roar do?
    Clutching at straws if you ask me. Unless I’m mistaken the change to a majority orange base colour didn’t even occur when Queensland lions was even involved in the roar ownership, that was led by the new Indonesian owners. I believe it was instigated after the success of the orange Sunday theme for the grand finals and wanting to simplify the brand combined with the unique Australian brand recognition of the dominant orange colour, plus the existing three colour combination was a terrible Frankenstein combo.

People are just using it as an excuse to put shit on the FFA’s club identity policy, not that I’m saying that I agree with the policy, but using the roar as an example just weakens their argument in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Dutch heritage, dutch colours, dutch logo. hard to deny the ethnic ties of the club, regardless of ethnicity of current owners.

The Roar had an existing colour pallette and logo, which they have changed after the introduction of the national club identity policy, which said changes have shown a stronger tie to the ethnic roots on which the club was based on - the logo very similar in design to an existing former (wat) ethnic logo, and the colour pallette more aligned with the ethnic nations. No straws to be clutched, it's a violation of the rules.

What this shows is how weak the legs of the FFA's argument is here, as nearly everything can be linked to ethnic roots and there's a case for every single change in football identity to have failed the club identity policy.

If Asians took control of WSW, had a blue day for a charity (beyond blue?), decided that blue tied in with the clubs direction etc more than black did, ditched the black in the jersey, put blue socks on the home kit - are they allowed to claim there are no Croatian ties to the decision?
    Last edited by pv4; 20-08-2014 at 11:15 AM.
    OK

So because a club had at some point a shareholder who had x lineage, the entire club can never be considered anything else, is bound by that shareholder for all time and any decisions that are made by a completely separate, new entity with no lineage or ties to the original partial shareholder are based around that small piece of history.

As I said clutching at straws, the Brisbane roar example is very weak.

By that line of reasoning we are a Cypriot team.

Cypriot Owner
    Cypriot Colours

Cypriot Colours & Symbolism in club Badge
    Owner originated from Lanaka region where you guessed it the local club wear red and blue

Blue and red strips taken from ALKI Larnaca FC
    Scroll design for Jets logo taken from ALKI Larnaca FC logo
    Adoption of United clear reference to the UN’s Annan Proposal
    Adoption of Jets clearly linked to Cyprus coat of arms with the modern day interpretation of the Dove

Adoption of all three colours of the UN’s current Annan proposal when the club was being re-formed for the HAL in 2004-5.

Rightly that is just plain ridiculous
    Last edited by Pico; 20-08-2014 at 12:08 PM. Reason: NF.net Post Humour Policy
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Rightly that is just plain ridiculous , when history clearly shows we are a Seventh Day Adventist club
    Don't have a pop at my religion, dude. Avondale 4 Lyfe!

For a group that don't eat meat, they make a mean pie down that way, not a bad road coffee either..
    You been back there recently Grim? They actually have a bottle-o now!!!

Ok, bit of a tangent.. Back to your racial conspiracy theories WLG..

Nah nothing to do with religion more to do with th jets failing to finish higher than 7th on the table.

Banned
    Howard - see below and tell me if it is still bullshit?

http://www.asianfootballfeast.com/a-...brisbane-roar/

The national club identity policy is a farce as-is, but if the FFA are going to let basically every non-cro ethnic tie through then it is a disgrace. Double standards everywhere. Normal service has resumed from the FFA, after what I thought was a huge positive change when Gallop came in.
    No great difference really with the new Roar kit and the old Roar kit in relation to the Holland references.

Holland have played in Orange shirt black shorts many a time.

So no real change has occurred.

No great double standards by the FFA. Brisbane Roar are not making their football club a celebration of being ethnic Dutch. The Croat clubs in Australia have made their football clubs a celebration of being Croat for years and wish to continue this way without broadening their base.

The no ethnic stuff was originally brought in primarily because of the DAMAGE they were doing to the game and had done to the game in this country and less so with the Greek and Italian Clubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    For a group that don't eat meat, they make a mean pie down that way, not a bad road coffee either..
    You been back there recently Grim? They actually have a bottle-o now!!!

Ok, bit of a tangent.. Back to your racial conspiracy theories WLG..
    I live in Adelaide now, so no. No plans to ever go back, bunch of weird cultists that they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pico View Post
    Nah nothing to do with religion more to do with th jets failing to finish higher than 7th on the table.
    Was joking, you can bash them as much as you want!

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    No great double standards by the FFA.
    Yes it is. They've implemented a "blanket rule" that they're just ignoring half of the cases for.

Another eg of the FFA allowing a club to bypass the identity policy:

It all won't matter within a matter of months though. The Melbourne Knights are fighting the FFA Cup kit case and the policy will be abolished.

member, yeah how dare the Croat, Italian, Greek clubs be proud of their heritage. They didn't produce 3/4 of the Socceroos or anything like that
    OK

Banned
    Yes it is. They've implemented a "blanket rule" that they're just ignoring half of the cases for.

Another eg of the FFA allowing a club to bypass the identity policy:

It all won't matter within a matter of months though. The Melbourne Knights are fighting the FFA Cup kit case and the policy will be abolished.

member, yeah how dare the Croat, Italian, Greek clubs be proud of their heritage. They didn't produce 3/4 of the Socceroos or anything like that
    What Policy??

The FFA got the Knights on that one with a rule that the FFA can change or put in a rule at anytime at their discretion clause.

The Knights fighting this case in court shows once again that this club has far too much self absorbed interest about their Croatian origins than the good of football in this country at heart. They only wanted to put the sponsor on the shirt in the FFA Cup as a **** You to Lowy and the FFA in the first place.

Maybe if they put as much effort into diversifying and strengthening their club they could actually make a compelling case to regain a place at the top table in Australian football again. Unfortunately the club is more interested in fighting some petty agendas than being a positive contributor to football in Australia going forward

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    What Policy??
    http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...7ys7ppq8al.pdf

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/...a164o95ot6xc9u

The National Club Identity Policy says that any new or revised club names, logos and emblems of clubs may have the following components; words or letters in English; and/or references to the broader geographic area in which the club is located; and/or colours; and/or references to flora; and/or references to fauna, provided that these components do not carry any ethnic, national, political, racial or religious connotations either in isolation or combination.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    If the club wasn't an extension of hollandia-inala but of the Brisbane Knights or Rocklea united, is there any chance a new kit copying the croation national team would have been acceptable for the FFA?
    Probably not.

Cro shirt happens to look like thier flag, roar kit happens to look like a big pile of orange.
    Dutch flag ain't no orange innit?

What are you talking about?
    These are nothing alike.
    Straight away you can see one is looking left and the other is looking right.

Some of you blokes need to open your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    What are you talking about?
    These are nothing alike.
    Straight away you can see one is looking left and the other is looking right.

Some of you blokes need to open your eyes.
    They had to adjust for not driving on the same side of the road Plague

damn, there goes my chance of forming a team called leeks united!