Page 34 of 93 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

andrew stabber marth is the most fair-dinkum aussie legend out, look at his nickname ffs, and he's the coach of melbourne craysha

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    you are so right. migrant groups shouldnt be allowed to gather under a common guise and support each other. if they do, once the rest of us reckon theyve had long enough to get used to living in a new country they should all forget their ancestory and fully assimilate then we can all be like each other and live in mono-cultural world.

if a club wants to saty insular and not prosper, tan that should be their choice.

if they wish to allow their fans to be violent dickheaeds, target that, not the clubs non-anglo roots

As for the FFA targeting non anglo roots they ain't targeting for a start. The targeting has been done already and the FFA are more preserving the current status on ethnicity being involved in the game. The targeting was also done back in the days of the Soccer Australia under David Hill when Melbourne Croatia and co had plenty of power to prevent it and did little to stop it then.

Most of the targeting though was done and carried out in time of the demise of the NSL set up of HAL so it ain't like Lowy and co have done anything lately of note.

There is nothing stopping migrant groups in this country coming together under a common guise to support one another hence why Melbourne Knights have a social club called the Croatian Club where one would imagine all things Croatian are celebrated.

The FFA as overseers of football in this country are just not allowing the game to be used as an avenue to support this type of thing.

As mentioned earlier nothing stopping the MK setting up their own comp with other disenfranchised clubs or joining a church league where they don't have to put up with anything the FFA want.

Their prerogative what they do.

Despite this option they willingly choose to join an FFA/FFV run comp and then moan about the rules in place.
    Go Figure

sweet, so by your logic because it was done by someone else and they're just maintaining the satus quo, this policy isnt their doing.
    past errors need not be repeated, nor ideiologies form the past be lived out in the present.

the policy is that a club "identity" can not be linked to enthnicity etc etc, explain how the orange and lion does not link to the clubs dutch heriatge without saying "but they arent very dutch anymore"

if you can apply the policy to all clubs then its nothing but greay area.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    past errors need not be repeated, nor ideiologies form the past be lived out in the present.
    Don't think you chose the best set of words here as allowing clubs to celebrate ethnicity would be an example of this

As for the colours of the Roar since when have the Queensland Roar/ Brisbane Roar the club in question (not any former Brisbane entities in the NSL) ever been Dutch???

Last I looked they were owned by someone from Sth East Asia

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

Indonesians, funny thing about Indonesia, it is a former Dutch Colony. Something the wealthy Indonesian families (i.e. The bakries) know all too well, and were rather fond of since its when they made their money...

Achmad Bakrie founded the ownership group in 1942, shortly after which the dutch lost control. At any rate, any potential "dutch" links to the club, would be rather attractive to the group.
    Go jetties

think this thread needs to be renamed as "geo-political and sociological impacts on world football"

Don't think you chose the best set of words here as allowing clubs to celebrate ethnicity would be an example of this

As for the colours of the Roar since when have the Queensland Roar/ Brisbane Roar the club in question (not any former Brisbane entities in the NSL) ever been Dutch???

Key word was "errors" celebrating your heritage should never be seen as an error.

Qld roar original board evolved out of hollandia-inala.
    It's why they were orange, and had a lion right from the start.

The same way we recognise our pre-aleague history, you can't ignore the history of other clubs.

The policy is trying to eliminate ethnic references from the clubs. Why is ethnicity bad?
    If the policy is to implemented it must be implemented uniformly. There's no shades of grey here, both clubs have links to an "ethnic" history.

Melbourne knights may well have an image problem, but that's not due to their strong links to Croatia, it's due to supporters behaving a certain way.
    It's lazy to suggest the behaviours exist due to their ethnicity so all ethnicity identifiers must be removed.... And it's poor form the impose the policy on some clubs and not others.

krappa have outdone themselves with the scum kits this year.

At least they don't clash with themselves.

I poked me head into Charlestown Rebel Sport yesterday, you think there was any Jets gear there?
    Not a fecking thing Jets related, plenty of dog molesters gear and a few Euro shirts, the only thing A-League was a hand full of FC & WSW shirts. Absolute disc race.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Attenzione: MFAW and others who were interested.

Below is a picture from the team photoshoot yesterday, provided by The Herald (plz link Couscous) with an article about Kanta.

It shows normal blue socks, with gold on them. So no navy socks!

OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Attenzione: MFAW and others who were interested.

Below is a picture from the team photoshoot yesterday, provided by The Herald (plz link Couscous) with an article about Kanta.

It shows normal blue socks, with gold on them. So no navy socks!

I was aware we were not playing in the Navy socks in the HAL.
    My main gripe is why are we playing in the things in pre season. They look ****ing hideous

Surely our Made in China mates can make ****ing blue socks or our club can be capable of organising an order of appropriate coloured socks.

Not rocket science

I was aware we were not playing in the Navy socks in the HAL.
    My main gripe is why are we playing in the things in pre season. They look ****ing hideous

Surely our Made in China mates can make ****ing blue socks or our club can be capable of organising an order of appropriate coloured socks.

Not rocket science
    I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
    OK

Banned
    I guess it doesn't matter anymore.
    That's not the attitude required WLG

It is that half arsed who cares doesn't matter attitude that permeates through the club and sees us be constantly shit at everything and more importantly sees our GK's where ****ing Gypo colours FFS

our GK's where ****ing Gypo colours FFS
    As you all know, I've emailed the club and asked Robbie Middleby direct countless times why this is the case. It's not like I haven't tried to rectify the situation.
    OK

Banned
    As you all know, I've emailed the club and asked Robbie Middleby direct countless times why this is the case. It's not like I haven't tried to rectify the situation.
    We are not holding you responsible. You are fighting the good fight keeping them honest.

We all know where the blame lies.

Management are sailing a rudderless ship with no idea of how to get where we wish to go

Some interesting discussions over at Your Herald (why not register with the site and join the local conversation?):

Steele wont finish the season and Is more trouble than what he is worth, you'll see...

And how can Steele be his replacement when he was signed before Goodwin left??
    If the jets let Goodwin go and then signed someone better or even equally as good as him, then fair play.. But at the moment they haven't signed anyone, and even if Stubbins didn't like like him but just kept him In the squad for when numbers get low or to even throw him on the bench if desperate, it would be better than just letting him go for no reason..
    ^ What's all that about Steele and trouble?

For more great Newy pics, follow Ryan Osland and Max Mason-Hubers on Twitter.

Steele came over for a holiday and a party. He'd heard of the likes of Vidosic, etc on the dingas constantly and wanted in on it. Timmy Cahill and Carney talked him into it too.

Then he got here, and realised how "professional" the club was and what he would have to deal with for the next 2 years and realised he had made a horrible mistake.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Some interesting discussions over at Your Herald (why not register with the site and join the local conversation?):
    Rightio You want to keep this shit up everyone **** linking to their site.

First person everyday goes to their site and pastes the articles in the Daily News thread and then the rest of us avoid going there at all and they miss out on their advertising revenue from hits garnered.

**** off with your Herald loving spam couscous

i actually liked the navy socks

as for that complete yellow goal keeper kit.......

the navy one with the gold lettering and numbering though from last season
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Quote Originally Posted by BodyNovo View Post
    i actually liked the navy socks

as for that complete yellow goal keeper kit.......

the navy one with the gold lettering and numbering though from last season
    The jade one from last season >>>>>>>>>>>> any other
    OK