Page 40 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3038394041425090 ... LastLast

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by The Postman View Post
    Loving the Dark Blue and Gold.
    Some of them remind me too much of gypo away strips

Mitchell Murphy building for future despite uncertainty By ROBERT DILLON June 25, 2015, 9:30 p.m.

Making it official: Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni, second from left, seals the deal to become the Jets home-game "principal sponsor". Picture: Marina Neil
    Making it official: Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni, second from left, seals the deal to become the Jets home-game "principal sponsor". Picture: Marina Neil
    See your ad here
    MITCHELL Murphy knows he needs to keep kicking goals if he is to be retained as the long-term chief executive for the Newcastle Jets.

The announcement on Thursday that the Jets had secured a home-game ‘‘principal partner’’, Beechwood Homes, for one season with a one-year option should only enhance his prospects.

It will be just the second cash-paying major sponsor in Newcastle’s history, after online bookmakers Centrebet in season 2008-09.

The club’s other major sponsors have effectively been Clayton’s deals, promoting companies owned or affiliated with former owners Con Constantine and Nathan Tinkler, such as Parklea Markets, Hunter Ports and Castle Quarry Products.

Murphy said the Beechwood deal was for a ‘‘sizeable figure’’ and negotiations were well advanced with a potential major sponsor for Newcastle’s away-game strip.

‘‘The market is tough for everybody and we learned very early on that to go and sell the kit holistically, for both home and away, in the current commercial landscape is going to be difficult,’’ Murphy told the Newcastle Herald.

‘‘So we decided to go with a hybrid model, where we’re selling the front of the home jersey and also the front of the away jersey to different partners.

‘‘We’re well down the track with negotiations on that. I suppose it makes it easier when you’re spreading the sell, rather than asking someone to come up with one very big number.’’

Beechwood Homes managing director Vic Cavasinni said the Hunter Region had been ‘‘kind’’ to his company over the past 35 years and this was a chance to ‘‘support the community’’.

See your ad here
    Beechwood is also a sponsor of the Newcastle Knights.

“The people of Newcastle and the Hunter deserve a team in the nation’s elite football competition and we are pleased to help out,’’ Cavasinni said.

“. . . as builders we know the importance of building on solid foundations. We believe that the new Newcastle Jets are putting those foundations in place now, so we look forward to the journey together.’’

The only complication in negotiating the deal was that Beechwood also sponsors Sydney FC, so an agreement was reached whereby Newcastle’s shirts will advertise Autism Awareness for their home games against Sydney.

‘‘We contacted Sydney FC to let them know we were speaking to Beechwood,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘We wanted to be transparent about it. They were incredibly supportive.’’

Having been appointed as Newcastle’s CEO in February, Murphy’s future was clouded by the demise of Nathan Tinkler as Jets owner last month.

Like the rest of Newcastle’s administrative staff, Murphy is on a rolling month-by-month contract while the club remains under Football Federation Australia ownership.

But his aim is to stay at the helm once the governing body finds a new owner for the franchise.

‘‘For me, it’s quite simple,’’ Murphy said.

‘‘It’s business as usual until a new owner comes in, and then we’ll see how that new owner wants to progress.

‘‘But I’m fully committed to the club and I think we’ve shown a lot of positive signs in recent weeks that the future looks bright.

‘‘There’s a lot of work still to be done, and we’re very aware of that, but I think we’ve made some profound inroads.

‘‘It’s an unusual set of circumstances, but the commitment and resilience of the staff has been first-rate.’’
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/31...ainty/?cs=3398

I think it is great that we will be having 2 different front of shirt sponsors one for home and one for away. Does anyone want to have a stab at who the away sponsor will be or how much it is going for?

Pico can we see your mock ups for the home kit with the beechwood logo, and the autism awareness logo (if there is one)

And also this years FFA cup shirt with the beechwood logo?

Can anyone do a non-shitty-on-Paint, hopefully pro-esque on Photoshop or something, legit attempt at changing our logo to e&c where the red and blue is? Would the gold jets still work?
    OK

Green border maybe? Atm the cinnamon & gold are kind of clashing, too similar, if the outside edge is green that might make it look a bit more striking

Cheers q.

I reckon it needs a darker shade of brown but otherwise I like it.

Are any historians out there (Retro?) able to point me to why/how red&blue became the colours so recognisable with Newcastle? I assume it is solely because of the Knights? Why did the Knights choose red&blue? Anyone know the backstory?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I reckon it needs a darker shade of brown but otherwise I like it.
    do it yourself then you lazy fkr

newy boyz skool, pv4

r u even from here m8? probs prefer nandos to henny penny ops:
    we will loose

Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    newy boyz skool, pv4

r u even from here m8? probs prefer nandos to henny penny ops:
    Cheeky
    OK

Colours were originally NHS...adopted by the Newcastle rep sides..with a blue shirt, white shorts, red/blue socks, though they did play in E&C in the late 70's (get this...because it identified with KB United as well). That is the sole connection.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    what's NHS?

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    what's NHS?
    NHS would probably be Newcastle High School. Least that's what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Colours were originally NHS...adopted by the Newcastle rep sides..with a blue shirt, white shorts, red/blue socks, though they did play in E&C in the late 70's (get this...because it identified with KB United as well). That is the sole connection.
    Yes I heard that in the inaugural NSWRL season back in 1908 when Newcastle took part in that they wore those colours that you mentioned above....blue, white, red.
    That is why the Knights decided on those colours when returning to the NSWRL back in 1988.....which is why the Jets should get away from those colours and have our OWN identity.

The original gold colour came from the KB Beer sponsorship. that was piss at best. Con chose gold cause of his spic jewellry as he couldnt used his pink flamingo's. The other gold story was copying a yank sports team.

The Newcastle yankpissnecklace Jets has a nice ring to it. Still, i dont mind what colour we take
    Last edited by hawk; 26-06-2015 at 09:14 PM.

OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Nice

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    what colours did newcastle rep football sides wear before kb?
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

NNSW (usual rep side) was black and white stripes - Newcastle rep sides were actually orange and white !

And here is the original 1908 Newcastle rugby league kit...the Newcastle Rebels.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newcastle_Rebels

Who does this remind you of? Certainly not the Knights !!

Oh and by NHS I did mean Newcastle Boys High School.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 27-06-2015 at 01:58 PM.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    so, basically, the only colours consistently colours by a newcastle sports team are red and blue
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

If you mean the Knights yes....everybody else, no. Pirates, Falcons, Jaegers, Wildfires, KB United, most sporting rep sides et al have used a myriad of colours. Red and blue is entirely linked to Newcastle rugby league. Breakers/United made their reasons plain why they used those colours.