Page 41 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    If you mean the Knights yes....everybody else, no. Pirates, Falcons, Jaegers, Wildfires, KB United, most sporting rep sides et al have used a myriad of colours. Red and blue is entirely linked to Newcastle rugby league. Breakers/United made their reasons plain why they used those colours.
    Um, yeah exactly. All of those other sides wore a variety of colours, none of which were apparently "newcastle's colours" (if that even exists).

Whereas the two most prominent sporting clubs in the town, the Knights and three out of the five nsl/a-league football clubs, have had red and blue uniforms (consistency).

Didn't we just establish that the Knights wore red and blue because it linked to Newy boys high?

Seems pretty straightforward to me.
    Last edited by parksey; 28-06-2015 at 06:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Um, yeah exactly. All of those other sides wore a variety of colours, none of which were apparently "newcastle's colours" (if that even exists).

Whereas the two most prominent sporting clubs in the town, the Knights and three out of the five nsl/a-league football clubs, have had red and blue uniforms (consistency).

Didn't we just establish that the Knights wore red and blue because it linked to Newy boys high?

Sorted Porksey want Gold, Gold it shall be.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

In WW1 the 39th Battalion (Newcastle's Own) had a colour patch of Cinnamon and Emerald. Good enough for them, good enough for me and this team

Why do the Knights matter in the discussion out of curiosity?
    Why do we need to be the same as them?
    Do we not want our own identity?
    When we think of Cinnamon and Emerald we think of KB United, for most people, not bad memories.
    When we think of Gold, most of us associate it with Winning the Premiership.
    When we think of Red and Blue, at the moment, most people think of Tinkler changing out colours, winning a few wooden spoons and getting f***ed over.

I just don't see the obsession/argument that we should be red/Blue because the Knights are.
    Did Brisbane Roar care when they chose Orange instead of the traditional Brisbane/QLD Maroon?
    Did Melbourne Victory/City care when they chose navy/red over Storm Purple?
    Did Wanderers care when they chose black and red over yellow and blue?

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    In WW1 the 39th Battalion (Newcastle's Own) had a colour patch of Cinnamon and Emerald. Good enough for them, good enough for me and this team
    35th

You don't get it. The Breakers went red and blue only to align themselves with the Knights who were the biggest of big back then. It was the first stage of getting the club to move to EAS and become that "superclub" - that thought was carried on by Con and Tinks.

The idea of merging the two just hasn't worked and one thing that came out of the members forum is that red/blue is too linked to the Knights and that the MAJORITY no longer want those colours or any association with the NRL club.

The members want their own identity which was highlighted during the gold years.

Any colour change will be voted by the members next year - don't know what it will be but the vibe I got is it certainly won't be red/blue.

Any colour change will be voted by the members next year - don't know what it will be but the vibe I got is it certainly won't be red/blue.
    This will be the main teller of what the majority of our fans want.

I suspect gold home, e&c away will win. Personally I'd be going e&c home, white&gold away, navy/blue/red (much like q's fap kit) third. And keepers to wear that jade kit, or basically any colour other than yellow
    OK

You don't get it. The Breakers went red and blue only to align themselves with the Knights who were the biggest of big back then. It was the first stage of getting the club to move to EAS and become that "superclub" - that thought was carried on by Con and Tinks.

The idea of merging the two just hasn't worked and one thing that came out of the members forum is that red/blue is too linked to the Knights and that the MAJORITY no longer want those colours or any association with the NRL club.

The members want their own identity which was highlighted during the gold years.

No, it's you who doesn't seem to "get it". Red and blue is the most consistently used colour scheme in professional sport in newcastle.

That is a fact.

Like you said, though, our amazing members will most likely choose gold (the worst kit in the history of Australian sport) even though most of the fan base didn't like it at the time. You are kidding yourself if you think most people on here wanting to move from red and blue represents a "majority" of supporters.

Oh well, at least I got a few years of happiness supporting this club.

Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

You are kidding yourself if you think most people on here wanting to move from red and blue represents a "majority" of supporters.
    I have to argue against this.

Of people I know outside of this forum that support the Jerks, there is only one that I know that is a fan of the red & blue. The rest, and there are so many of them, favour e&c or gold - probably 50/50 on which one they'd prefer to see as the home kit.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

Of people I know outside of this forum that support the Jerks, there is only one that I know that is a fan of the red & blue. The rest, and there are so many of them, favour e&c or gold - probably 50/50 on which one they'd prefer to see as the home kit.
    All of your mates are gypos.

I don't know one person who prefers gold/e&c to red and blue, or would even consider there being a need to change colours. it's all been driven by the superfans on this forum.

I don't know one person who prefers gold/e&c to red and blue, or would even consider there being a need to change colours. it's all been driven by the superfans on this forum.
    Which is why the club, more than likely, will canvas the members next year and ask what they want. That's the opportunity to speak up and be heard.

And while the fans in the past may have disliked the gold, I wonder whether they are still fans now? The current members are the ones that will have the say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

rofl i think you overstate the influence of the superfans m8

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    35th
    My bad

Parksey did you go to the members forum?
    If you had you would have seen an overwhelming majority want rid of Red & Blue.
    But hey who cares what the majority want Porksey wants Gold, gold it shall be.
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

No, it's you who doesn't seem to "get it". Red and blue is the most consistently used colour scheme in professional sport in newcastle.

That is a fact.

Like you said, though, our amazing members will most likely choose gold (the worst kit in the history of Australian sport) even though most of the fan base didn't like it at the time. You are kidding yourself if you think most people on here wanting to move from red and blue represents a "majority" of supporters.

Oh well, at least I got a few years of happiness supporting this club.

Hey Parksey....YOU ARE TALKING SHITE!!!!

To say that the gold kit is "

Hey Parksey....YOU ARE TALKING SHITE!!!

To say that the gold kit is "(the worst kit in the history of Australian sport)" is simply a disgrace.....this gold kit with the red and blue trim is what gave us our identity as a separate sporting entity from the Knights. Whether you were going to the shop or just walking down the street, from a distance if you saw someone with a gold jersey on, you thought "ah there is a Jets supporter". I see someone in a red/blue jersey it's not until they are about 5 metres away that I truly recognise whether it is actually a Knights or Jets jersey.

The fact that Tinkler without consulting anyone decided that our colours for our football team representing this region would be red and blue to align with this "Team Newcastle" bullshit with the Knights is reason enough to eventually get away with what I feel are now tainted colours.
    I stopped wearing the red and blue early last season and even if the colours were by some perverse reason to remain, I for one will never wear those colours again!!!

Never bought a Jets red and blue replica shirt. Never will. I'm not alone. Nearly all my football friends (and who are not on this forum) would want anything but red and blue. Gold is the most popular for home and e&c away

yeah but to be fair all of the shirts that weren't legit playing strips looked brown rather than gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

I don't know one person who prefers gold/e&c to red and blue, or would even consider there being a need to change colours.
    So judging by the fact that basically everyone at the forums, most people that everyone has talked to, etc all prefer e&c or gold to r&b, or even just want anything but r&b, is it fair to say that parksey knows no-one?
    OK

So judging by the fact that basically everyone at the forums, most people that everyone has talked to, etc all prefer e&c or gold to r&b, or even just want anything but r&b, is it fair to say that parksey knows no-one?
    let's just take a second to think about the people who are likely to attend these members forums and what i said earlier about superfans.

cheers.

Parkseys right about one thing though

Pv4 is a gypo
    Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!