Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1855

Thread: Reebok can still gtfo - A-League Kits Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    yet we had E&C last season....
    And we had black and white two seasons before. It's a change.

As wolfman said - kits were decided before Tinkler was sent packing. Club have said on numerous occasions members will get to vote on next years. We'll be holding them to that
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    I am aware that has been said in the past by the FFA Overlords but lets face facts it is a cop out and full of complete shit and just used to fob the fans off.

They used that excuse 4 months ago.

How long does it seriously take to organise a kit???

If they can't get a kit designed and done within 4 months then they need to have a serious look at the organisation they are dealing with cause it ain't rocket science
    We saw them at the Members Committee meeting back in maybe March or April which was when they had to be submitted to BLK so production could be started so we didn't have an E&C V1 debacle like a few Christmas' ago.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Don't care who makes the kits, just score goals and win football games and .....get Pico to design the ****ing things
    Yep. Agree. It's been mentioned on here and the Sub-committee keep pushing to have a fan designed kit.

The club are open to this.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Move away from BLK and we'd have a better set of templates to choose from
    The whole concept of sublimated shirt design is the fact that you don't need to conform to a template.

Can anyone recall such a hype and launch around a season's playing strip as we have seen this year? I don't recall as much hype and build up personally.

Great to see another major sponsor for the club. Again, this is the best position in terms of sponsors on board we have ever had.

Now we need to deliver on the field, as others have said

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Can anyone recall such a hype and launch around a season's playing strip as we have seen this year? I don't recall as much hype and build up personally.

Great to see another major sponsor for the club. Again, this is the best position in terms of sponsors on board we have ever had.

Not just another sponsor, another sponsor firmly in the Newcastle community albeit with a now national presence. FFA making good on its promise to strength community ties. Just have to hope whoever comes in to take the reigns continues that.

I am aware that has been said in the past by the FFA Overlords but lets face facts it is a cop out and full of complete shit and just used to fob the fans off.

They used that excuse 4 months ago.

How long does it seriously take to organise a kit???

If they can't get a kit designed and done within 4 months then they need to have a serious look at the organisation they are dealing with cause it ain't rocket science
    When I lived in the UK I recall with Cardiff City they said when they decided to change to Adidas it was a 12 month process in getting the kits, designed, agreed, developed, approved and manufactured ready for sale in the club store. And that is with a much bigger company than BLK and Cardiff City are a much bigger club than the Jets so I think your 4 months rant may be a bit over the top.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post

Doesnt look like nib is back as sponsor

Quote Originally Posted by The Camel View Post
    When I lived in the UK I recall with Cardiff City they said when they decided to change to Adidas it was a 12 month process in getting the kits, designed, agreed, developed, approved and manufactured ready for sale in the club store. And that is with a much bigger company than BLK and Cardiff City are a much bigger club than the Jets so I think your 4 months rant may be a bit over the top.
    Member for Thailand making an over the top rant? What are the odds of that...

Quote Originally Posted by lil_masi View Post
    Doesnt look like nib is back as sponsor
    CQP and Hunter Ports have disappeared too.

And it's just occurred to me, that these two shirt sponsors nearly take us back to the BHP Newcastle Breakers days!

We are now the BHIP Newcastle United Jets.

Like FFS You going out on the town trying to look good you don't where pants the same colour as your shirt do you???
    That's a recipe for failure. It's never about looking good it's about convincing the women you don't give a shit.

If looking good was part of the equation I'd still be looking for my first root.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    That's a recipe for failure. It's never about looking good it's about convincing the women you don't give a shit.

If looking good was part of the equation I'd still be looking for my first root.

I'm gonna caveat this with "I saw it on Facebook"

Third kits in this league?
    Why?

Answer: you need a third kit on FIFA.

Any other logic?

besides "selling more shirts"

Shitty kits.
    Shitty players.
    Shitty fans complaining.

Club is in perfect harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by &1gest View Post
    There was something that had been bugging me all afternoon about this picture and I couldn't work out what it was. Now realised that the problem I first thought of isn't it.

That first problem was that Labinot has his shirt on which mean he hasn't scored.
    More off putting though is Enver looking normal with his shirt untucked.

Okay the kits are new and refreshing, white it a bit uninspiring for an away kit but it has a good style about it with the trim. The gold for me is a bit of a let down as it just looks a dull gold (maybe it was the lighting) as compared to the gold from the first 6 seasons which seemed to have a bit of glitter to it.
    Anyway it is what it is, they are the colours the team is wearing for this season, for me the bigger priority is the players underneath those shirts. Will they play with pride and passion for the club...for the fans...for the shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Anyway it is what it is, they are the colours the team is wearing for this season, for me the bigger priority is the players underneath those shirts. Will they play with pride and passion for the club...for the fans...for the shirt?
    So much this
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Okay the kits are new and refreshing, white it a bit uninspiring for an away kit but it has a good style about it with the trim. The gold for me is a bit of a let down as it just looks a dull gold (maybe it was the lighting) as compared to the gold from the first 6 seasons which seemed to have a bit of glitter to it.
    The lighting isn't great for the gold

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    The lighting isn't great for the gold
    Yes, saw the segment of the launch on NBN and the gold strip actually looked better then it does on the pictures from the website/internet.
    I always thought that back when we were wearing gold that it looked better at night under lights then in daylight.