Page 28 of 74 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I just don't see the point in changing coaches when we're mid table. What is the point when we come 5th or 6th with a young team? Yes we've had the odd bad game, last week being a perfect example, but do you really expect changing coaches each year would help? Seems to be working wonders for Sydney. However, should we have a worse season next year, I think GvE's spot would have to be under review.

As for challenging for the title, would I love to see us up there each year? Yup. Is it realistic? Nope, unless we have significant spending and don't pass on top quality players like Griffo.
    I mostly agree but we are 4 points of bottom

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I won the A-League on Football Manager 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013. Defo my gig.
    I won the ACL 2 times in row, A-League regular season and finals every season on football manager in 4-5 seasons on Football Manager 2010. And won regular season in my 1st on football manager 2013. I brought back Joel. Which makes me clearly a better manager than GVE as well

Provocative user name there, had any erotic PM's from any members?
    Last edited by My2BobsWorth; 07-02-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    i will take a peoples poll on who to play and where and give it a go, passing and crossing will be sublime, drop beer prices back to what the workers can buy, add more spirits and put profits back into player recruitment, crowd to run onto field immediately at fulltime, tenz to be improved with appropriate services, uniforms and paytv, open policy on tifo and ground announcer to ridicule opposition and whip up stad support, free transport and the big screen to show all controversy so the ref can change his decision to the correct one, finally players to put on xmas pantomime with hesk as baby jesus.
    I can't remember a post that I agree with more

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    As long as it comes with the return of the jugs.. Both forms of jugs..
    We have to stay firm on the jugs.. And the jugs have to stay firm..
    i prefer them to be nice and jiggly, firm jugs means they're fake
    Jaliens gives me the horn

Quote Originally Posted by joel31 View Post
    I mostly agree but we are 4 points of bottom
    Fair point, but my opinion of that is that it reflects the closeness of the A-League that 6 teams are within 4 points of each. Yes, there are the four others, who we should be trying to catch but with out current squad we can only improve. TBH, as long as we make the finals I will be happy.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    I reckon i should get the gig, after all I have a coaches licence, fully accredited by the FFA. It means I can drive the players around.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Any chance of a pool for tenzo?
    And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver jugs to people in the pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    i prefer them to be nice and jiggly, firm jugs means they're fake
    nice and jiggly = saggy...off to the Bowlo you
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver jugs to people in the pool?
    of course

Tenzo polo shirts - Out
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    And would the barmaids in improved uniforms deliver their jugs to people in the pool?
    Fixed

Back on track. I thought what Middleby had to say in his interview the other day was quite telling. The clubs expectations were a top 6 at the start of the season and nothing has changed from that.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Back on track. I thought what Middleby had to say in his interview the other day was quite telling. The clubs expectations were a top 6 at the start of the season and nothing has changed from that.
    Oh ok...so a 10 team comp and we're happy to be scrapin into the top six...in that case GVE IN !
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    Oh ok...so a 10 team comp and we're happy to be scrapin into the top six...in that case GVE IN !
    Well if the expectation for every team is top 4 then that's 6 coaches getting sacked each season...

^^^ Half way there then. Completely agree though, Gary has done enough for another season, just needs to improve again next season.

I reackon every year our aim should be not to get relegated.
    Then we can have a massive fap at the end of the year when we "succeed".

Quote Originally Posted by sh10 View Post
    Well if the expectation for every team is top 4 then that's 6 coaches getting sacked each season...
    Ricki Herbert is copping a lot of shit for Wellington's performances this season… some people don't seem to realise that someone has to come in the bottom few positions every season.

Considering we're above Perth and Brisbane, last year's grand finalists, & Wellington and Melbourne who were probably considered finals contenders at the start of the season, and Sydney.. I'm not sure what the problem is exactly?

Melb Vict have ALWAYS been a strong side and will always recruit the better players.
    The Scum have been building their side over the last 7-8 goddamn years… They seem to know what the word "stability" means.
    Adelaide are 50-50 and always have been… good one season, useless the next. They just happen to be good this season on the back of some impressive imports.

I've said it before, I'm not GVE's biggest fan but I can see what he's trying to do and I think we'll have a really strong team next year.

I'd be happier if we finished ahead of the Gypos - even if that meant coming 9th

But in all seriousness, if we don't aim for the finals then what are we doing. I personally think we should be aiming higher

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Keep him. He has shown he is a brilliant tactition and tht he is in charge. Why play regs, that wouldn't show how incharge he is.

Eat a dick gary

****ing aye. Gutted he didn't take the Sydney job