Page 49 of 74 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    So you got the option to stand behind goals for $5 less than the option to sit in the stand??

Yet if you want for the extra $5 you can still go stand behind the goals if you want and use the GF for shelter in inclement weather??
    MFKS - Jets new member recruitment officer

^ Bullshit , the Member needs to sort all issues with NBN State League before moving onto other jobs.

How 'bout stopping the boats whilst you're at it Member.

Secretary General for UN.

Just imagine his maiden speech commencing with :

Listen here all you c&nts

I see it as a conflict of interest with the member being not only Kale's agent but now taking up his new role with the Jets Membership team.

i hope you're serious. i could do with a laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Congratulations for Gary Van Egmond for Australia's 1-1 draw against Columbia in the under-20 World Cup finals. As Craig Foster would put it, *jizz*.

We all know there are more Jets in the squad than players from any other club. The core of the Australia team is essentially a Newcastle team, plus a few hangers-on from other parts of the A-League, etc.

Australia's success is a reflection of GVE's genius. We praise him.
    Welcome to the foz Gary.

GCU were giving the next-gen the chances before GvE, tbf.

GvE may be "bold" but we can't forget that he couldn't even make a top 6 finals series in a top 10 comp this year - regardless of who he did or didn't play.

IMO I agree that Postecog is far from GvE-like genius. GvE is well below Ange - Ange has turned two different sides into top 3 material within a season, whilst GvE is entering his third season of this reign with not even a finals berth. Also, just because there wasn't a HUGE representation of MV in last nights squad doesn't mean Ange doesn't use youth. He relied pretty heavily on Rojas, Traore, Ansell & Galloway (who you forgot from that squad last night). Just because those guys aren't Australian, or in that squad from last night, doesn't mean he doesn't use youth. Maybe Ange didn't "unearth" any/many of those guys, particularly Rojas & Traore, but did GvE really "unearth" any of our guys? Taggart was highly rated at Perth, but was under Smeltz & Mehmet. Chapman had been rated one of the best young players in the World after his youth world cup. Brillante had plenty of runs in GCU's team. Hoole was the only one "unearthed" by GvE.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Welcome to the foz Gary.
    NoMore09 , Couscous. Getting harder to keep up with all his different alias's.

^^^
    Yeah I would say converting our best young local product in Hooley from an AM into a RB was a masterstroke from GVE!!!
    Good to see that Okon sees it differently and has reinstated him back into a attacking role where he set up the goal with a sublime pass to young De Silva.

won't dispute GVE gives youth a go.

however...

We all know there are more Jets in the squad than players from any other club.
    good stat. can't argue with that. don't see it's relevance though. GVE has merely used his contacts to secure some of the best young talent in the country. of the four, only one has come through the AIS i believe. regardless, i would argue these players have improved in spite of GVE.

The core of the Australia team is essentially a Newcastle team, plus a few hangers-on from other parts of the A-League, etc.
    ****ing lol. Brillante had a screamer, but think you probably need to watch the game again and see how the 16 year old did. no GVE magic there.

Australia's success is a reflection of GVE's genius. We praise him.
    you get funnier and funnier each comment.

even though i don't think he is the greatest thing since sliced bread, the simple fact of the matter is that GVE isn't employed by the jets to blood players for the under 20's socceroos (that actually happens to be okon's job). it's good when it happens, but his job description clearly involves taking a moderately unsuccessful team and turning them into an even more unsuccessful team. at least that must be the case, otherwise tinks would have fired him.

And how many times did those blokes perform well enough to earn a spot the following but did not ?. Victims of GVE's obsessive tinkering.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    Welcome to the foz Gary.
    Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    NoMore09 , Couscous. Getting harder to keep up with all his different alias's.
    actually, my money is on Emily VE.

To be fair, GVE has given these guys a shot and while NYJets were crap last year, this is a bright spot and if nothing else we can enjoy the progression and contribution these boys are making.

It's worth noting that Hoole is a local boy and doesn't need to have an "intstitute of whatever" on his CV to make a telling contribution on the international stage. He has, however, developed really well under the Jets coaching team.

If nothing else, the Jets boys will come home better players and maybe brighten up the tripe we had to endure at Hunter Stadium last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post
    To be fair, GVE has given these guys a shot and while NYJets were crap last year
    They finished 3rd not far behind 2 very good CCM and Victory sides
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Premy View Post
    They finished 3rd not far behind 2 very good CCM and Victory sides
    sorry, typo, I meant NU Jets, as in senior team. (who were crap)

It seems to me the young Jets can play when they are playing with others in the same age group. The real test (as was last year) is when they are playing against others that are more experienced than them. As was the case last year you cannot win the league with team team of kids, it will be the same this year, probably more so as most of the experienced guys have either left or been let go.

Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
    this is probably the most highbrow post on newcastlefootball.net, ever

Couscous, that has to be one of the biggest steaming pile of shit series of posts I have ever read on this forum.

Congrats to GVE for going with his youth policy... which has seen Brown, Virgili, Neville and Goodwin go backwards over the last season.
    Let's ignore the fact that Taggart has played more times for the Young Socceroos and Socceroos in the last 12 months than for the Jets so clearly his development has had SFA to do with GVE.
    Let's ignore the facts already presented regarding Chapman being touted as a massive prospect before GVE "unearthed" him.
    And while we are busy praising GVE for unearthing gems, let's ignore the fact that Brillante was already doing the business at GCU before we poached him from their bloated corpse (or that could have just been Clive, not sure).

Yes, let's ignore all of that for a moment because it doesn't fit with your steaming pile of BS.

If GVE is so brilliant, how about he starts playing the brand of football his mouth claims to be dishing out but has never, ever been evident on the pitch? Loved watching a team with quick ball movement, fantastic off the ball runs by everyone and high pressing up the pitch by the front third. That's what GVE constantly drones on about but it hasn't happened yet under his regime.

Maybe next season...

Ha.