Page 6 of 74 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    The cogs must be a turnin. Youth is a great asset in hal but all at the back bahaaaaaaaaaaa
    The youth will be heading out in the turnstiles if gve implodes and the team crash out of making the finals series again.

For me the jury is still out regarding GVEs coaching ability with "his" squad but its funny the foz is buzzing with negative comments about GVE making it public that he wants to stay with the Jets.

I would have thought that's exactly what the team and fans would want to hear.

Maybe it's just a case of "damned if you do and damned if you don't".

As for the issue of SFC approaching him in the first place, why not, this is business with a lot a stakeholders involved. People other than the coach will lose their jobs if teams aren't winning so you do what you have to do and it's a little naive to think otherwise.

If we have a problem with the ethics of big business maybe we should ask for a new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    theres losing, and theres winning by being a scumbag. i know who id rather be.
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    theres winning, and theres losing by being a scumbag. i know who id rather be.
    although the above is true in Sydney FCs case

Deans to be top dog !

Van Egmond's plans for Jets' future

JAMES GARDINER Dec. 1, 2012, 4 a.m.

"At this moment I am in the position of being the head coach here, but down the track we have spoken already about succession plans with the likes of Craig [assistant coach Deans] coming in and myself moving into a technical director role," van Egmond said yesterday in his first interview since turning the Sydney approach down.

"Again with the Emerging Jets program coming in, I really want to be a part of that.

"Of course, there could be a massive offer come from somewhere else. You always have to look at those options.

"Right here and now, being in your home town, being able to coach your team in the A-League, getting that vision and philosophy into your A-League team and through into your youth team and developing that down into the Emerging Jets program, I think that is a really, really sought-after position from my point of view to get involved in."

Van Egmond said there was "no set time" for the transition and for the moment his focus was on leading the club to a second championship.

The Jets, in partnership with Northern NSW Football, are one of the first A-League clubs to establish a formal pathway from the under-10s through to the A-League. Trials have been held with the program set to start next year.

As technical director, van Egmond would oversee the football aspects of the club from the Emerging Jets through to the A-League.

"The most disappointing part of Newcastle is in the last half dozen years is we don't have any players in the Young Socceroos and we don't have any players in the Joeys," he said. "That doesn't make sense to me. This area is littered with talented kids and as they are getting older, from seven-, eight-, nine-, ten-year-olds, we should be able to nurture them better."

Van Egmond described the Sydney offer as "very, very lucrative" but added "money is not everything".

"We are extremely happy here and I'm extremely happy working for the Hunter Sports Group and developing this club into the best club it can be," van Egmond said.

Van Egmond cut short his first stay at the Jets in 2009 to take up a position at the Australian Institute of Sport. Then owner Con Constantine threatened to take legal action over his defection.

"Last time I left I had a four-year deal but I just didn't see any light at the end of the tunnel," he said.

Not bloody likely.

Near puked on my corn flakes when reading of that possibilty.

RBB here I come!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    RBB here I come!
    Sounds like a great option.

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Gallaway will start every game under Deans. Deans out

will immolate myself on the steps of the HSG superstore

feelin' da heat.

me last week:

-------X-------------------|-------------------------
    GVE -------------------neutral------------------- GVE
    doin' --------------------------------------------- out
    alright

me this week:

-------------------X-------|-------------------------
    GVE -------------------neutral------------------- GVE
    doin' --------------------------------------------- out
    alright
    Last edited by belchardo; 01-12-2012 at 10:58 PM.

GVE looks drunk sometimes.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    no, you're thinking of Farina

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Deans to be top dog !
    Who does this bloke think he is, Sir Alex Ferguson!! Succession plans??? Another couple of losses and he should be sacked. The only reason he has Deans as an assistant is because he isn't a threat to him. He wants Deans to take over from him so he can still run the show from HIS Technical Director role. No one else would put up with him.

Last year he had not one but two former Premier League strikers, Jeffers and Bridges and never played them together part from a couple of cameo's when the game was lost. This year he has Bridges and Heskey but don't hold your breath waiting for these two to play together, it won't happen.

His obsession with playing 4-3-3 is killing us and Heskey. He needs another striker along side him, Bridges or give Taggart his chance. The way they play 3 up front is a croc of sh-t. Th two wide players are easily marked by the fullbacks and Heskey is always isolated. You want players running into deep wide positions from midield so you can put the opositions fullbacks in two minds. Our National team doesn't even play this crap system and now they are trying get all our kids to play it.

Also on Saturday night when both teams went down to 10 men and we were 1-0 down GVE takes off our playmaker, Ribeiro, who was doing well and brings on another defender. Didn't we want to score?

He brought all these players in at the start of the year and forgot the most important player of all, a distributor in central midfield to pull the strings. Casey where are you??

I hope we lose the next few games so we have a chance to get rid of this guy forever. He's a kiddies coach so go and coach the kids.
    Last edited by shagga; 04-12-2012 at 08:35 AM.

No no no, nowhere near any kiddies. We want them learning the good stuff from the get go not learning bad habits.

RM has a lot to answer for bringing him back, it was an opportunity for a fresh start and the vision of RM was to look backward.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    RM has a lot to answer for bringing him back, it was an opportunity for a fresh start and the vision of RM was to look backward.
    Yes

Who has been elevated above his current level
    Last edited by mervan; 05-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Have nnsw elite pushed any players into the aleague since its inception?
    Last edited by mervan; 05-12-2012 at 10:32 PM.

...bitter parent?

The mariners appear to have produced a few?
    Last edited by mervan; 05-12-2012 at 10:33 PM.