Thread: 2015 Jetstream Fan Awards

Exclamation 2015 Jetstream Fan Awards

Well I thought it was high time that the fans had their own say in who they thought was the influential players over the season.
    And I wasnt very happy when we found out that only current contracted players were considered for the Jets awards, so in our version the only criteria was to be a Jets player during the 2014/15 season who made a minimum of 5 appearances.
    I also thought it was beneficial to include a Jets staff category also so that those who work behind the scenes would have some recognition from supporters.
    The voting will only be open until 9am next thursday so please go to the voting page and cast your vote.

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...wy-fan-awards/

Well it has been a struggle of a season, but it is time the fans had their say in who they thought were influential in a positive way during the 2014/15 Hyundai A-League season. Cast your vote for the player you feel was the best overall in each of the categories.

We also decided to include the office & coaching staff in a voting category as a way to recognise the contributions of those who work behind the scenes. So if you have previously had contact with a staff member who you believe should be recognised, please vote for them in their category.

Voting will be available up until 9am Thursday 14th May. The top 3 finalists in each category will be announced later the same day. We will then announce the winners on the next Jetstream Podcast episode and via social media.

Only players who made a minimum of 5 appearances during the 2014/15 season were considered for voting.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    Well I thought it was high time that the fans had their own say in who they thought was the influential players over the season.
    And I wasnt very happy when we found out that only current contracted players were considered for the Jets awards, so in our version the only criteria was to be a Jets player during the 2014/15 season who made a minimum of 5 appearances.
    I also thought it was beneficial to include a Jets staff category also so that those who work behind the scenes would have some recognition from supporters.
    The voting will only be open until 9am next thursday so please go to the voting page and cast your vote.
    Save time just declare Griff the winner

How does voting on the phone work? I can't see a submit once I've selected Griff?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

You don't have to submit, just select the candidate and then use the arrow to move to the next category.
    People seem to have gotten confused with that, there are 30 less votes cast for the final category of Player of season as opposed to the first category of Defender of season

You can go back to the page and cast your votes for the categories you missed by using the arrows to navigate to the next one
    It should only lock you out of a category one you voted in it

Just voted (Y)
    OK

done
    Amigos Aarau

As we now won't be recording the jetstream podcast until next week, I am extending the deadline to vote until midday next wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    You don't have to submit, just select the candidate and then use the arrow to move to the next category.
    People seem to have gotten confused with that, there are 30 less votes cast for the final category of Player of season as opposed to the first category of Defender of season
    I didn't even need to use the arrows.
    It rolled over to the next poll category all by itself!

Job dun

Bump for those who haven't voted
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

http://www.newcastlefootball.net/hom...rds-finalists/
    2015 @JETSTREAMNEWY FAN AWARDS FINALISTS

A few weeks back we announced that voting was open for supporters to recognise the top performers from the season just completed.

Voting has now closed and we are very pleased to announce the following finalists (in no particular order) for each award as voted by supporters.
    We will announce the winners in each award category on the upcoming season review episode of The Jetstream Podcast.

2015 Jets Defender of the Season
    Ben Kennedy
    Lee Ki-Je
    Taylor Regan

2015 Jets Midfielder of the Season
    David Carney
    Mitch Cooper
    Zenon Caravella

2015 Jets Forward of the Season
    Joel Griffiths
    Andrew Hoole
    Edson Montano

2015 Jets Staff-member of the Season
    Brent Anderson
    Mark Jones
    Clayton Zane

2015 Jets Player of the Season
    Joel Griffiths
    Andrew Hoole
    Zenon Caravella

Congratulations to all the finalists and huge thanks to all who took the time to vote, especially considering the season we experienced.