Story to be bullshit

Deans out!
    LORD GRIFF

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    Sunday and Mondays paper to sell well.

Story to be bullshit
    but the herald has no Sunday paper
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Harper just described our play as constipated. Perfect description of our slow movement that goes nowhere and of our coach who is full of shit.

All the better.
    Let Internet rumor run rife all day Sunday, Monday..... Boom! Sales through the roof.

Well I won't be buying it.

But you'll click online and that's as good as.

I'm still waiting ... better happen tomorrow

All the better.
    Let Internet rumor run rife all day Sunday, Monday..... Boom! Sales through the roof.
    I think your on the money, but another contributing factor will be Herald reporters wanting to be the first to break the story. So they will throw anything out on social media.

If its untrue, they still get the paper sales and internet hits despite throwing rumour and innuendo out there. Forgetting the GVE issue for now, I hate them doing this as it does nothing for stability. Then the Herald will also wonder why their relationship with the club is so bad.

But if it happens to be remotely true, they claim that the broke the story. Its a win win scenario as far as the herald is concerned but crap for the fans.

can see both sides, herald trying to get the scoop - while HSG are well known for wanting to control the media agenda, why would they give up their own exclusivity to the herald, who they loathe?

G'day guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I was just on NBN news talking about GVE. Hopefully the club can clarify the situation tomorrow so we can move forward (hopefully without GVE). Either way, this can't go on much longer as the team need to focus on their game and the trip to the coast next week.

Sunday and Mondays paper to sell well.

Story to be bullshit
    I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think it's pretty ****ed up what The Herald has done here. Looking likely now that this story is untrue, yet the damage that it has done is quite significant. Journos have to put their hands up and apologise to GVE and the club on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    G'day guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I was just on NBN news talking about GVE. Hopefully the club can clarify the situation tomorrow so we can move forward (hopefully without GVE). Either way, this can't go on much longer as the team need to focus on their game and the trip to the coast next week.
    Welcome NewyTy

Quote Originally Posted by militiamon View Post
    I'm probably in the minority on this, but I think it's pretty ****ed up what The Herald has done here. Looking likely now that this story is untrue, yet the damage that it has done is quite significant. Journos have to put their hands up and apologise to GVE and the club on this one.
    I agree

Banned
    Low act yes.

But if these dickheads at the rag manage to stir the pot enough that HSG act then I think we will all be delighted with the end result

Spot on. And the Herald wonders why the club speaks to other papers.

Complete lack of respect shown last night, just to make sure they broke the story first....if in fact there was a story.

Actually just a thought

I reckon the club might announce it first thing tomorrow like the griff story to f**k the herald over so they can't have on the Monday morning headlines "sacked" much like they couldn't put griff returned on Saturdays paper

If it's true it's disgraceful
    Body gets Stretch drunk, miracle occurs.

Hail Body!

Banned
    knights herald

parksey and gallaway's stillborn child la bazzle's Avatar
    Hamma yet to confirm.....story looks doubtful

Quote Originally Posted by NewyTy View Post
    The speculation is certainly something that we can do without. But while we are still performing poorly and GvE remains out of contract next season it will continue. I agree it needs to be sorted.

Welcome NewyTy!

I don't understand the problem with what the Herald have done? They're speculating on some info that GVE is punted. Obviously it's something other than the foz because the majority wanted him gone the whole season, and last so there's nothing new here. In any case, what possible harm could their report do that hasn't already been done?

The team's morale and confidence seems to be at an all time low. The players don't seem to give a **** anymore, and GVE clearly doesn't bother with a HT talk. Jets management already look like muppets for not sacking him last season. If this article proves to be bullshit, no-one will remember it by next weekend. Either we get a positive result on the coast, and even less people will remember it, or we lose and the pressure will heap further on GVE, and rightly so.