Page 44 of 74 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Banned
    Could only bag 4 against Weston Bears so it will be at least another 5 years before getting a start at HAL level.

PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

http://www.theherald.com.au/story/14...ucture/?cs=306

Turns out it was all Lee Clark's fault.
    Bring on the double.

Last line of today's Herals article indicates talks have opened with a number of players.

seems as though every time the club does a review, the strength and conditioner guys are made the scapegoats.????

they need to clean out the whole board!!

This club grows into more of a joke day after day.
    Sack GVE and start again!

Quote Originally Posted by white city View Post

they need to clean out the whole board!!
    They sacked the board a year ago

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    They sacked the board a year ago
    yeah and its still a basket case!!!

Banned
    Now that bacon face has decided to quit lets see if we can get GVE the job at OT.

Imagine him having Rooney RVP and co doing laps Kasey style

chicharito doing hill runs with a tyre on his back

vidic smashing someone's car window with his boot

gve in

Got a chuckle from whoever it was I just cancelled my membership with when I said "Gary Van Egmond" as the reason I was cancelling. Wonder if he had heard it numerous times before.

Roberto Mancini is now available, make it happen Tinks!

Come on, couldn't beat Wigan with a budget of billions. How is he going to compete in a league that has minimal money for transfers and the confines of a salary cap?

Clearly Arnie is the best manager in these situations

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Got a chuckle from whoever it was I just cancelled my membership with when I said "Gary Van Egmond" as the reason I was cancelling. Wonder if he had heard it numerous times before.
    I cancelled my membership as well yesterday...dude asked me same question .I said I,m not happy with the coaching staff.After a slight pause he gingerly asked if there was anything else he could help me with. Should have givin him the full rant on mid strength beer too but could'nt be fvcked
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    I cancelled my membership as well yesterday...dude asked me same question .I said I,m not happy with the coaching staff.After a slight pause he gingerly asked if there was anything else he could help me with. Should have givin him the full rant on mid strength beer too but could'nt be fvcked
    Oh i'm going to be fvcked. Mid strength beer is just not fvcking good enough. Its important the club sorts this situation out before next season otherwise i'm tempted to do what Norwich fans did a few seasons back when Theo was in goals.

Arrogant, vain, self-centred.....just some of the words used to describe Mancini in the aftermath of his sacking. There is also a coach in the HAL who quite often gets described by those words and he has done nothing in 2 seasons yet still manages to stay on!

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Arrogant, vain, self-centred.....just some of the words used to describe Mancini in the aftermath of his sacking. There is also a coach in the HAL who quite often gets described by those words and he has done nothing in 2 seasons yet still manages to stay on!
    Actually he managed to get an extension.

^ A decision i would almost put money on the club now regrets. I don't think there is any doubt Palmers endorsement of GVE at seasons end was more to do with the costs associated with punting him early and finding a replacement.

Just had a quick look at the Herald website re the article about HK. The article drew all of two comments from people. I know we are out of season and interest in general reduces however i would have thought more than two comments could have been expected.

My question is given some on here have posted they are not renewing membership ( including my family ) are we really seeing people demonstrating more than just lip service in there disappontment of the retention of GVE.

As usual on a Saturday mornings we head off to my young blokes game and chat with other parents of kids in the side and i can honestly say about a third who have had membership in the past mainly family packages have expressed that they will not be renewing membership this season. Having known these parents for many years i believe there statements are also more than just lip service but an actual intention.

My point being that unlike on most occasions when people have time to get over disappointment and think with a straight head they cave in go along with the status quo.

Palmers endoresment of GvE really does seem to have left a longer than usual negative effect on the club.

Surely those at the club don't have there heads in the clouds that much that they can't see or hear this, they would have to be concerned would they not ?.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    Just had a quick look at the Herald website re the article about HK. The article drew all of two comments from people. I know we are out of season and interest in general reduces however i would have thought more than two comments could have been expected.

My question is given some on here have posted they are not renewing membership ( including my family ) are we really seeing people demonstrating more than just lip service in there disappontment of the retention of GVE.

As usual on a Saturday mornings we head off to my young blokes game and chat with other parents of kids in the side and i can honestly say about a third who have had membership in the past mainly family packages have expressed that they will not be renewing membership this season. Having known these parents for many years i believe there statements are also more than just lip service but an actual intention.

My point being that unlike on most occasions when people have time to get over disappointment and think with a straight head they cave in go along with the status quo.

Palmers endoresment of GvE really does seem to have left a longer than usual negative effect on the club.

Surely those at the club don't have there heads in the clouds that much that they can't see or hear this, they would have to be concerned would they not ?.
    The truth will come in a few months re:memberships. If there is a significant drop I will be interested to see what this is attributed to, if acknowledged at all.

I can see HSG noting that the current strain on families, numerous redundancies in local industries, carbon tax, etc being the reason and not publically acknowledging the style of football we play, the poor team performances and the lack of a number of big players as a major contributing factor.

I don't think a change in coach would help membership numbers. There are going to be disappointed members based on the results from last season regardless of the changes that could potentially be made now.

In other words:
    Would a good proportion of members not renewing dislike GVE? Yes.
    Would changing the coach change whether or not they renew? imo no.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1