Page 24 of 74 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    ^ Regs might be playing well but after the arm waving toward the end of the game after the sub mix up what chance Taylor gets the " sent to coventry " treatment from the mini bus.
    Tbh I think that was more confusion between the Physio, GvE, Deans and Regz. As I said elsewhere, the physio will cop it. Maybe they need to borrow Arnies two-way?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Physio is a ledge though, others will confirm this.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Gve out!

The way I saw it, and correct me if I'm wrong, they were preparing a sub before Regan was injured (cramp apparently?). If the fourth official was showing a player on his sign that Van God had not intended, then he would have had one of the few genuine reasons to complain to the fourth official, and have it corrected. Doesn't excuse Regans reaction other than to express surprise though. As someone mentioned in another thread, 'its amazing that the players put up with this goose'. Send him back to the AIS where he might do less damage to football.

Seriously beyond a joke... GTFO..... ergh and take deans with you.
    Amigos Aarau

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar

^ Good song.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Eggsy looks a bit evil in that snap.

so it's quite clear that hsg have thrown their full backing behind gve, and seem like they will continue to do so because they believe in his vision.

my question for the gve lovers out there - at the end of this season it will be basically two full years that gve has been in charge. assuming we don't see gve's system come to fruition, we continue to hover outside the top 2 & even outside the top 6 (top 6 ffs) for the next yay many years, continue to not win in wellington/perth, continue to be outshone by the mariners, continue to have such disparity in backing of him because of his non-results, etc - how many years does he get to continue this form, until you no longer back him? if next season is completely the same, will you lose faith? will it take you three more years (so 5 total) before you can write him off as a dynasty-creator & realise he was a failure?

my train of thought - he came into last season and basically labelled it a write-off, and anything that happened in that season he was not letting himself be held accountable for. he had (seemingly) full control of his transfers this offseason (and this january, plus last january), had a full preseason as well as the whole written off year to get his squad together, and had arguably some of the best resources available to create & work on his squad (which he has done). for this current season, i was never accepting anything less than top 2 (these standards i had set when he came in last season). from the entire preseason i was never under any illusion that he would actually get top two, because it never seemed like he was going to reach that level, but that was my expectations from the moment he was arrogant enough to label last years squad shit. not only has he failed to reach that expectation, but he seemingly hasn't even improved on (and to most people has noticeably reverted back from the progress from last season) his system - which is the one defining thing he was bringing to the club. we aren't playing attractive football (imo), we're failing majorly on the table, and a lot of fans and (now, and maybe in future) players are being moved on under his reign.

when is enough, enough? how has ange been so successful with brisbane and victory in shorter timespans, how has poppa made a startup club & been so successful, and we're stuck & seemingly happy with gve - who, given his own squad (09-10) has failed previously?

when do we bring pappas, or some other coach that is chosen from merit, in to have a serious go at this dynasty thing?

will we be leaving it too late, and hsg will hire kosmina & we'll become the next adelaide, just worrying about results as we go?
    OK

It'll take 6-8 weeks..........

But seriously its not his squad yet can't be held responsible.

Can't forget we had our strength and conditioning coach poached clearly that derailed our season this has just been a season of fitness work for next year.

GVE needs at least 5yrs to shape "His" squad and teach all these average players how to play his "system", its not the coach its these useless players clearly.

Also don't forget the turmoil at the start of the year with tinks handing back the license, clearly GVE needs time to rebuild after that cost us all his magnificent signings, so its at least another 5 seasons till we are comfortably in the top 6, around 5th maybe 4th even, provided ange does take up a national team spot and victory implode.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    my question for the gve lovers out there
    yo, waddup

how many years does he get to continue this form, until you no longer back him?
    Probably one more if we maintain our current position.

if next season is completely the same, will you lose faith?
    Yep, as you would with any manager.

my train of thought - he came into last season and basically labelled it a write-off, and anything that happened in that season he was not letting himself be held accountable for. he had (seemingly) full control of his transfers this offseason (and this january, plus last january), had a full preseason as well as the whole written off year to get his squad together, and had arguably some of the best resources available to create & work on his squad (which he has done).
    Definitely arguable. I don't know HSG's exact financial situation, but it was hardly a blank cheque situation. Putting it simply, Victory, SFC & Brisbane all had a stronger footing imo.

for this current season, i was never accepting anything less than top 2 (these standards i had set when he came in last season)
    lol, k.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    I think I might be swaying towards he gve out side again

We need to improve says our illustrious manager.

When is Van God, EGG HEAD, GVE or whatever you care to call him ever going to realise or call for his own improvement? Its always down to someone else .... for example, this week 'poor decisions when many other options are available to play it out from the back' ...... he's used 'poor decisions' a number of times before. I understand that means that he's blaming the players for decisions during the course of the game, and players of his own choosing. What about the poor decisions he makes before the game?

Has he learnt anything from decisions he has made, or have his academic football qualifications not covered that aspect in the curriculum? Or was he away that day?

I'm not having a shot at the players by the way, as individually, they are highly talented, it's the way the gaffer blames any one else

you mean Egg Van? He has sustained his career by blaming others and hiding behind excuses. This is why he can't get his squad to perform - they don't trust him. Poppa, Ange and Arnie are strong personalities who their players trust. the Egg Van is seen differently by his players and, as a result, the team looks nervous and shallow, regardless of whatever spin is peddled out. In terms of tactics, structure, cohesiveness, or whatever words are used to describe the teams 'look', Egg Van's teams are abysmal and they always have been. His apparent insecurities also cause him to chop down personalities or knowledgeable types who he thinks might threaten his myopic 'vision'. This further erodes the trust and core of the squad - essential ingredients in any successful team. I have never bought this myth of a coach and I can't wait to hear what the players really think when he has gone. Completely out of his depth. All IMO of course.

^ This in a nutshell.

^^ Agreed

You sign a bunch of juvenile athletes and you lose personality. The whole thing bores me to tears. How funny were Tarek's crosses; you can't create that kind of magic.

A return to the gold would help too. Bring back Con.

Love,

VJ

Banned
    so it's quite clear that hsg have thrown their full backing behind gve, and seem like they will continue to do so because they believe in his vision.

my question for the gve lovers out there - at the end of this season it will be basically two full years that gve has been in charge. assuming we don't see gve's system come to fruition, we continue to hover outside the top 2 & even outside the top 6 (top 6 ffs) for the next yay many years, continue to not win in wellington/perth, continue to be outshone by the mariners, continue to have such disparity in backing of him because of his non-results, etc - how many years does he get to continue this form, until you no longer back him? if next season is completely the same, will you lose faith? will it take you three more years (so 5 total) before you can write him off as a dynasty-creator & realise he was a failure?

my train of thought - he came into last season and basically labelled it a write-off, and anything that happened in that season he was not letting himself be held accountable for. he had (seemingly) full control of his transfers this offseason (and this january, plus last january), had a full preseason as well as the whole written off year to get his squad together, and had arguably some of the best resources available to create & work on his squad (which he has done). for this current season, i was never accepting anything less than top 2 (these standards i had set when he came in last season). from the entire preseason i was never under any illusion that he would actually get top two, because it never seemed like he was going to reach that level, but that was my expectations from the moment he was arrogant enough to label last years squad shit. not only has he failed to reach that expectation, but he seemingly hasn't even improved on (and to most people has noticeably reverted back from the progress from last season) his system - which is the one defining thing he was bringing to the club. we aren't playing attractive football (imo), we're failing majorly on the table, and a lot of fans and (now, and maybe in future) players are being moved on under his reign.

when is enough, enough? how has ange been so successful with brisbane and victory in shorter timespans, how has poppa made a startup club & been so successful, and we're stuck & seemingly happy with gve - who, given his own squad (09-10) has failed previously?

when do we bring pappas, or some other coach that is chosen from merit, in to have a serious go at this dynasty thing?

will we be leaving it too late, and hsg will hire kosmina & we'll become the next adelaide, just worrying about results as we go?
    Firstly I will put down my thoughts on a few things . I wasn't happy with GVE's appointment. Due to the past baggage of him being a recent manager of the club people will always have an axe to grind with this bloke. That's why we have so many already pre existing haters of GVE who are starting conspiracy theories rumour and innuendo about the club that are destabilising the club. Due to this GVE is on a hiding to nothing any time we don't win don't sign a player etc. The amount or shit coming out of peoples mouths when we lose draw is a ****ing disgrace as is the destabilising rumours being spread by people speculating on shit they have NFI about

For a start PV4 GVE been here 15 months this time around. We are currently in 5th spot. An improvement in the recent seasons from our 7th place finishes under Bwanko/Egg. Obviously the season isn't finished and we could implode but the reality is this squad will be better for the experience next season. If we are able to finish 5th or 6th GVE by putting a pile of inexperienced young kids out there will have managed to achieve what Branko couldn't with the likes of Jobe Abbas Takka Topor Labi etc.

As for comparing GVE to Ange well ridiculous comparison.

Ange signed players to turn Victree into Championship contenders this season Milligan Finkler Coe Traore etc. GVE signed ****ing kids with a distinct longer term vision. When Ange was at Roar he also signed the older player in Broich Solozarno Berisha Smith Theoklitos etc

As for your expectation of top 2 well that is your expectations you have put on GVE. Why a ridiculously high pass mark when what is happening at the club wouldn't indicate title run?? You say that is your expectation due to GVE's perceived arrogance that last years squad wasn't good enough. Maybe you are also showing a level of arrogance here expecting an unrealistic level from the team just so you can take it out on GVE all the built up angst over what happened in 2009??

We signed a bunch of kids and are going long term. Suck it up and enjoy the journey. Rome wasn't built in a day!!

As for when do you stop backing the bloke?? Well I am a big believer in stability. SAF at MAn Utd has it Wayne Bennett at Broncoes had it Sheedy at Essendon had it and they delivered titles. Why go the short term shit constantly chopping and changing your manager?? The bloke has been here 15 months this time round and the knives are already out and poised?? WHY??? Getting rid of him will achieve what?? You mention something about the Gypos and could their period of success have anything to do with stability on the coaching playing and ownership levels?? Hell they don't want their coach sacked every couple of weeks don't have owners doing some of the crazy shit Tinks and Con have and have a solid core of players who are constantly added to with out destabalising the squad.

Also PV4 this team we see every week on the park show a degree of fight and pride in the shirt. Many times we have fought back from behind Wello Away Heart away and Smurfs at home on Saturday. Other times we have fought with pride and effort in Perth and Wellington that hasn't been seen since 2008.

Reality is P4V you want the dynasty thing you and I and all of us need to show a bit of patience. Success is earned and not an entitlement. Some of our fans need to understand this. I am seriously starting to worry for the well being of our fans on game days if we don't win. The vitirol directed at GVE on the net after a draw or loss would indicate some fans have razor blades poises over wrists on Saturday night

I've been holding back on this one but I'd just like to add a few comments.:

Gary has been stablising the squad in the last month or so. It's not all doom and gloom. There are a few good things he has done:

1. Backed Birighitti - does anyone question this now? Cause they sure did at the start of the year. I'd go as far as to say that he looks to be the best keeper we've had. Better than Covic.
    2. Set up the attacking options early with Goodwin/Heskey/Griffiths/Virgilli. I don't see anything wrong with these guys/positions.
    3. Stablised the back four - apart from last week when Regan was excluded and Mitchell was reintroduced. Hopefully normal service will resume next week.
    4. Sorted out the Defensive midfield - introduced Caravella because he apparently saw a lack of spark amongst the current group. We will see the fruit of this decision over the next month. Hopefully it will be a good outcome.

The only thing holding back our "possession based game" is our no 10, who should be pivotal in receiving and distributing the ball and shooting for goal. Gary has continued to back James Brown and so far his faith hasn't really been repaid. It has cost him. If Brown won't come good then we need to enter the market and secure someone of real quality and I think we will have a good all round team for next year, especially if we can also improve or replace the people not featuring in the squad ie. Jesic, Ribiero, Bridges.

Gary has stepped on a lot of toes. But the things we seem to admire from the top performing teams are things Gary is trying to implement at the Jets. WSW, Victory and Mariners all have a vision of how to play. Ange said of Fox on Monday night that essentially it didn't matter as much what the vision was exactly, but it was extremly important that everyone in the club believed in it. So what are you going to do when some players are opposed to the vision. You have a choice to make - be pragmatic with the players you have or continue with the vision. Which do you want? Do you want a pragmatic coach or a visionary? Do you want players to dictate terms according to their own abilities? Which is better long term?

As for the comparisons between us and Roar/Victory/Mariners. Ange would never have come to the Jets. He was a wanted man and he wanted to go to Victory to build his mega-club to dominate the A-League. Poppa only came home because the Wanderers agreed to a 5 year contract. He may be a very good coach but was also lucky the Wanderers went against their "marquee" philosophy to sign Ono. Arnold seems happy at a club where he has no pressure. He loves a small club with the underdog status. He would be under a lot more pressure at the Jets. We have never been able to attract quality players & coaches as easy as Sydney and Melbourne clubs, so in a way it makes sense to start again with young players. I see Gary as a coach who "fits" Newcastle, although the hate for him is really detrimental to the overall goodwill around the club. Love or hate Gary, he is not buckling yet under the emmense pressure being applied to him by some fans. I think he deserves respect for that.

It's always darkest before the dawn. If we sort out our No. 10 and the team starts winning, what will the doubters say Pv4? Will they acknowledge the continual development the squad has been under this year or will they just keep uncomfortably silent until the next opportunity arises?
    Last edited by hauss; 05-02-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hauss View Post
    The only thing holding back our "possession based game" is our no 10
    What game are people watching to think this is the only thing holding back our possession based game? To me it seems like 70+% of the time we go from defense to attack by hoofing the ball in the air. How would having a #10 change that?