Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

GVE move

loudish whispers of GVE back to AIS.

Quote Originally Posted by la bazzle View Post
    Why blame heskey? Dudes the only reason we have the points we have at the mo. probs is Gary is a useless piece of shit. How silly were we all to forget his last reign of terror? Same thing is happening. Dude reminds me of a cross between craftsman and ed
    Heskey hasn't played too badly during this losing streak, although he has missed quite a few half-chances imo.

The real problem is that he doesn't suit GVE's style, and it's something that has ****ed us from the start of the season. If GVE wants to turn things around quickly, we need to get back to playing how we played during the pre-season. Dropping Heskey is the first thing that needs to be done. It's about all that's left for him.

The only thing worse than GVE's tactical decisions at the moment are the suggestions (or demands) from the Newcastle football intelligentsia. I mean far out, look at these people.

Bridges up front with Heskey? The guy struggles to break into a jog.
    Kasey Wehrman a good influence? lol.
    Bring in Miron to replace GVE? haha, for real

GVE=Mr Bubbles

I was willing to give GVE the benefit of the doubt but I can clearly see now that his judgement in picking the strongest XI every week is clouded for whatever reason or agendas. Oxborrow from what I've seen of him in a few NBN league games this year is still a fair way off A-League standard, yet he gives him a run in a crucial away match against arguably the most physical side in the comp. Meanwhile he leaves midfielders like Pepper and Ribiero (who have shown they can cut it at this level) at home. What was he thinking and what was he trying to prove by handing Oxborrow a starting position???
    It backfired badly, the lad was virtually non-existent in the first half and his mistake led to Perth's first goal. At half-time he is in damage control and subs Oxborrow and puts on the more experienced Brillante but we are already chasing the game.
    "Super-coach" Deans mentioned just the other week in reference to Kale Bradbury that with his purple patch of goal-scoring that they want to see him scoring at a goal/game before he even gets considered for the first team. Okay, so what was the criteria in picking Oxborrow in the first team??? Has he been "tearing" up the Youth League that much that he deserved to be called up? From what I've seen on performances on the park over much of the past year, if there was anyone to come up from the Youth it would hands-down be Andrew Hoole not Oxborrow.
    GVE clearly has no idea on who to pick and when to pick them, who to leave on the bench, who to bring on later and that was all confirmed last night!

Gary out etc etc.

Bridges is wasted talent sitting in Newcastle watching from his living room. The bloke should either be on the sidelines coaching the lads, or on the field wearing the armband telling everyone to ignore Garys "direction".

Quote Originally Posted by Smeezyy View Post
    Gary out etc etc.

Bridges is wasted talent sitting in Newcastle watching from his living room. The bloke should either be on the sidelines coaching the lads, or on the field wearing the armband telling everyone to ignore Garys "direction".
    Good to see your views on football have evolved

I would like to see: (assuming players are all fit)
    ----------------Bira -------------------

Hoole -- Tiago/Mitchell -- Chapman --Ritter

Zad/Virgilli--Ribeiro---Jobe/Zad-- Goodwin With ribeiro pushing in attack. Jobe/Zad Dropping in defence.

-----------Griffiths -- Heskey---------------- (rotating around)

Bench:
    BK
    Virgili/Jobe
    Taggart
    Kanta/Pepper/Bradberry or whoever else is good.

Tiago/Mitchell only because I think we need somebody with some experience at the back. Alternatively Regan who is a proven good communicator and would have played with Chapman/Hoole in youth.

Quote Originally Posted by Smeezyy View Post
    Gary out etc etc.

So true. Even if Bridges can't do the 90 minutes, he's smart and a good leader. A Bridges- Heskey combination should be given a decent run. Both Bridges and Heskey have played under managers of much higher calibre than our arrogant Van God. As a number of people have pointed out, Heskey must be wondering what in the hell is going on, with the poor service he's getting.

Give them the opportunity to work together and lead the others and they will soon start to break down opposing defences. If we had a 2 or 3 goal buffer at 2/3 rds time and Bridges can't handle the pace (although I think he can), then sub him off. We are leaking goals alarmingly, and if Van God can't sort it, we need to score more ... giving the almighty time to sort the defence (which I think he claimed was sorted earlier in the season.)

I don't think Chapman and Regan would have played many, if any games together in NYL.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    Good to see your views on football have evolved
    Well I gave myself the off season to think about it, but I have come to the conclusion that Birdges is still class as ever.

Who is Birdges

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    this guy

Heskey is a class act that was brought in to strengthen the side, which he has done. the system is still able to be utilized with him in the squad, but gve is going about it completely the wrong way. Heskey does not need to be dropped, that suggestion is one of the worst I've heard this season.
    OK

He might be the best player we've ever had but he has also killed the playing style which the team was built around.

Not his fault, but dropping him is the quickest and most GVE-compatible solution.

I can't see us dropping Heskey. I think we need to have somebody next to him all the time. So when we hoof it, there's 2 people to aim for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bremsstrahlung View Post
    I can't see us dropping Heskey. I think we need to have somebody next to him all the time. So when we hoof it, there's 2 people to aim for.
    That's hardly a solution though. We mightas well just play a 424 and have 3 around Heskey if that is seriously how we are going to play.

Wouldn't hurt for Heskey to be subbed around the 65-70 min mark in future games especially if the game is panning out like it has the last few games. A ryu and taggart combinations with ribiero in behind and 1 bloody deep-lying mid for a change would be nice to see. So sick of seeing 2 mids sitting barely 2 m infront of the back four while virgili and co are trying to break with no one to pass it to.

Not to mention that Bridges & Heskey played up front at nation level for england, but no, big ego GVE wont even give them 1 start up front together!
    Instead give a young bloke a start in the middle, then when he makes a mistake blame him, dont stand behind your decision, then totally destroy his confidence.

Even when we won games we played shit. we were lucky!

Piss the formation off, its not working, and even when you come out and say your playing attracive football, you must hae been watching a barcelona game and got upset
    Leave your tinkering to your bedroom, and get some stability and some consistency!!

Get the experienced boys back in there and give the young boys some time off the bench and when they play well consecutively give them a start.

Or just piss off back to the AIS, your a pretender with a big ego!

Get terry venables to replace him.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Heskey is a class act that was brought in to strengthen the side, which he has done. the system is still able to be utilized with him in the squad, but gve is going about it completely the wrong way. Heskey does not need to be dropped, that suggestion is one of the worst I've heard this season.
    lulzathon. to strengthen a kids team, what hope has he got.

These kids mean well, try hard, have a bit of talent and could do well if slotted into a team with 8 other experienced players. But GVE has set them up to fail with too much inexperience. This season was always stuffed, next, no better. Either get 6 expereinced players in or GVE to go play football Sims on easy level.