Page 39 of 74 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    I thought they only played him as a LB and he was soundly lashed by both Perth and opposition fans?
    Just shows you what fans know.
    Even Van Egmond will tell you that.

Personally I don't think either Papas or Merrick are top candidates.

Merrick had his time and did very well, but I think someone fresh would better capture the imagination of the fans.

Papas, for me is still too green and needs to continue his development and gain further experience before offering him the top job.
    I also wasn't overly enthused by his demeanour during his time in Newcastle.

For me I'd love to see some out the box thinking and something a little bold from the club. I'd like to see someone with a bit of a name and a proven record of producing teams who play attractive, winning football.

My top Candidates are:

Foreign:
    1. Johan Neeskens (Huge name, huge experience, loves Australia, currently coaching Mamelodi Sundowns FC in South Africa)
    2. Lotar Matthaus (Huge name, huge experience. Rumoured to have applied for Sydney FC role so interested in A-League. Coaching record not great, but could surely bring something.)

Local:
    1. Ante Milicic (Has done a decent apprenticeship under Vant Schip and now Poppa, is fresh, modern and up to date with new trends. Best of the untried locals.)

I thought they only played him as a LB and he was soundly lashed by both Perth and opposition fans?
    Who cares, do you really think Topor gives two flying farks about his time at Perth and Newcastle now? He is playing the best football in his career under a coach who BELIEVES IN HIM and on the verge of winning the Premiers Plate. Seems that these pathetic little digs at him on this forum sort of pale in significance!
    Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year and Brockie could very well finish with the Golden Boot but the "experts" on here will still say they are rubbish and we don't miss them.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    Who cares, do you really think Topor gives two flying farks about his time at Perth and Newcastle now? He is playing the best football in his career under a coach who BELIEVES IN HIM and on the verge of winning the Premiers Plate. Seems that these pathetic little digs at him on this forum sort of pale in significance!
    Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year and Brockie could very well finish with the Golden Boot but the "experts" on here will still say they are rubbish and we don't miss them.
    Mate, it was you that brought up his time with Perth, not me. All I was mentioning was that I only remembered him copping a caning at Glory, not having a "pathetic little dig" as you say.

Brockie disappeared for the last few months of last season. That he didn't score for the last 6 rounds is a fact. I suppose I am one of those you would classify as saying they are ""rubbish"" and we don't miss them, but I am not an expert, I just have an opinion that you are free to disagree with at your pleasure. But never have I said he was rubbish, all I have said is that for what he wanted, he was not worth it, same with Topor. They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it. As for them playing well at other clubs, good on them, the system their clubs play obviously suits them well. Would Brockie have scored as many as he has playing on the right wing for us? No he wouldn't have. Would he have scored as many as he has playing up front? Maybe, but we made the choice to go with Heskey. Is Topor a great ball player, like we want with the "high pressure passing game" we want? From last season, no. Does he play well in a system where he just has to get the ball to Ono or Mooy and let them dictate play? Yes, quite obviously. Does having a great #10 mean anything if you play route 1 football? No. Or having a short bloke who can't jump or head as your #9 when you pump balls into the box ala Socceroos vs Thailand? No.

And as for the Johnny Warren medal, do you honestly think in a team that includes Ono, Mooy, Covic, Hersi, Bridge (who's had a blinder of a season), Beachump etc, he would have got more points than any of them? Topor and Brockie will always appear to be playing better than they did here because van Egmond haters, like yourself, will focus on everything good they do and forget every bad thing they do.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

high pressure passing game...fvckin LOL
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    So Parksey OUT then?
    i'll back it

Quote Originally Posted by seldom View Post
    high pressure passing game...fvckin LOL
    We have achieved that this season, all 360 minutes of it.

Mate, it was you that brought up his time with Perth, not me. All I was mentioning was that I only remembered him copping a caning at Glory, not having a "pathetic little dig" as you say.

Brockie disappeared for the last few months of last season. That he didn't score for the last 6 rounds is a fact. I suppose I am one of those you would classify as saying they are ""rubbish"" and we don't miss them, but I am not an expert, I just have an opinion that you are free to disagree with at your pleasure. But never have I said he was rubbish, all I have said is that for what he wanted, he was not worth it, same with Topor. They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it. As for them playing well at other clubs, good on them, the system their clubs play obviously suits them well. Would Brockie have scored as many as he has playing on the right wing for us? No he wouldn't have. Would he have scored as many as he has playing up front? Maybe, but we made the choice to go with Heskey. Is Topor a great ball player, like we want with the "high pressure passing game" we want? From last season, no. Does he play well in a system where he just has to get the ball to Ono or Mooy and let them dictate play? Yes, quite obviously. Does having a great #10 mean anything if you play route 1 football? No. Or having a short bloke who can't jump or head as your #9 when you pump balls into the box ala Socceroos vs Thailand? No.

And as for the Johnny Warren medal, do you honestly think in a team that includes Ono, Mooy, Covic, Hersi, Bridge (who's had a blinder of a season), Beachump etc, he would have got more points than any of them? Topor and Brockie will always appear to be playing better than they did here because van Egmond haters, like yourself, will focus on everything good they do and forget every bad thing they do.
    The comment was...."Wouldn't be surprised if Topor figures highly in the Johnny Warren medal this year", yes he is definitely in with a chance and especially since apart from Covic he has played more games than any of the others you have mentioned.
    Maybe Brockie if he had stayed would've score a heap of goals for us, maybe he wouldn't, we will never know....it's all irrelevant now.
    We could go back and forth forever like this, obviously your opinion isn't going to change and neither is mine.
    As they say the table doesn't lie. The club made a gamble with releasing a heap of players and bringing in new, mainly young players with potential.
    Two of those in Topor and Brockie who were released/not re-signed have gone on to have fantastic seasons at other clubs while nothing has changed here at the Jets with the new blood. The gamble obviously hasn't paid off. Topor and Brockie both have many years experience in the HAL and there were times this season when it was plain as day that experience is what we lacked.

Hilarious

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hilarious

PMSL Very funny

Someone went to a lot of trouble, and it was worth it.

fvckin quality lol
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Brilliant, the scary part is that there is some truth in there that supporters can relate to.

They were on/ wanted too much money and GvE didn't think they were worth it.
    there it is. We let gve think, then act. do we still think that was a good idea? 41 goals against, i reckon we might just find the weak link. Topor's hair would've kept 10 of those out.
    Last edited by hawk; 12-03-2013 at 12:25 AM.

lozl and no more clogs

gve out! De Groot in

Anyone posted that vid on the Jets FB page yet? Public service.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    Anyone posted that vid on the Jets FB page yet? Public service.
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Hilarious

Classic.

Quote Originally Posted by Beeen View Post
    gve out! De Groot in