Page 50 of 74 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1474

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    this is probably the most highbrow post on newcastlefootball.net, ever
    Quoting poorly written works of fiction is hardly high brow.

And lets ignore the fact GVE rated Jesic a bolter for Brazil. That one still cracks me up.

Lets face it, if the club had some lazy cash at the moment GVE would be back flogging soft drinks as a FMCG rep or at Centrelink signing up for Newstart.
    Last edited by 380; 24-06-2013 at 10:50 AM.

edit: nvm

I'm filthy I didn't think up a multi as good as this one.
    Big cheers to whoever you are.

fwiw I had more to do with Hoole becoming a better player than GVE. (True story).
    Grimario speaks truths.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Quoting poorly written works of fiction is hardly high brow.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

GVE can't be blamed for Neville's form. he needs to be blamed for signing him in the first place. Neville is a donkey.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Goodwin has not gone backwards. Just because he had a couple of good games at Heart doesn't mean he was always playing at that level. At the Jets, he's matured into a starting XI player, which he certainly wasn't in Melbourne.
    No, I am talking about him starting out as someone people were talking about as a potential Socceroo player over the first 6 weeks of the season and then, through the wonderful (mis)management of GVE turned into a shadow of his early season self.

Yes, Brown suffered and Neville arguably faltered. Are you certain it was due to GVE specifically? Do footballers never have rough patches, that relate to their own mentality and their own limits, or to events in their personal lives? It's simpler to blame the coach for everything. I trust that Gary picked these players when they deserved it - based on their training performances, discipline and adherence to instructions - and left them out of the team when they didn't.
    So GVE persisting with Brown for weeks on end despite being absolutely horrific and quite obviously unfit... because he trained well? End of the day, GVE rushed Brown back because we were underperforming and then persisted with him because he is a grade A ****wit who would never cop to making a mistake of that sort.

As for Taggart, he began to get more game time towards the end of last season. Yes, he's a potential star and I'm sure he's now an starting player. Why wasn't he playing in the first half of the season? I'm not going to pretend I know. My supposition is that, despite GVE's supportive comments when Heskey signed, Gary did not want the striker at all. Rather, the club forced Heskey on him and it unsettled the team's style completely. Who would you have dropped to accommodate Taggart? Ryu? No chance.
    As pv4 said, GVE bemoaned our lack of target man season before last... we get the best one the league has ever seen yet he bitches about it interrupting our style of play? If we had a different big man up front, how exactly would things have been different? Oh, that's right, the few wins we got with Heskey as the decider would likely have been losses meaning we could battle it out for the spoon.

Why didn't Victory play the way Ange wanted them to play last season? Why didn't Roar play the way Rado wanted them to play? Why didn't Sydney play the way Frank wanted them to play? Things go wrong in football. I don't know what happened.
    Wait, Victory weren't playing the way Ange wanted? I would have thought they were playing a shitload better than most sides and that would be because of Ange... As for Rado, he wasn't a good coach, kind of like the one we are lumped with.

But I know the Jets were the first in the A-League to play possession football consistently - under GVE. I believe we'll see a brilliants Jets this coming season.
    Massive lols. If possession based play is ****ing about at the back for 60% of the game, GVE can pack his bags and take "possession football" with him.

But I know the Jets were the first in the A-League to play possession football consistently - under GVE. I believe we'll see a brilliants Jets this coming season.

Massive lols. If possession based play is ****ing about at the back for 60% of the game, GVE can pack his bags and take "possession football" with him.

I think he is referring to the first time around, when Mark Jones had a massive influence on them playing possession based football.

Quote Originally Posted by Onehunglow View Post

I think he is referring to the first time around, when Mark Jones had a massive influence on them playing possession based football.
    Oh, right. Shit then, that's even worse... using success long past despite two years of ineptitude to give the guy a passing grade? **** me.

Hahah....... and the good lord said -"they have eyes to see, but see not"

GvE's idea of posession based football is the keeper getting most touches.

Anyways Cousy my apologies for thinking you were GVE. The only person who thinks GvE is the right man for the job is Palmer.

So Troy it is.

This has to be Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by 380 View Post
    GvE's idea of posession based football is the keeper getting most touches.

Anyways Cousy my apologies for thinking you were GVE. The only person who thinks GvE is the right man for the job is Palmer.

So Troy it is.
    Reminds me of that old GVE joke.

What's the difference between GVE and god?

God doesn't think he's GVE.

To be fair the bloke has copped some almighty unwarranted abuse lately.

Couscous fvcken lol...more bites than a Tyson fight
    I hope he likes prison food.......and penis

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    Such much hostility to one's own club; it's boggling.
    Welcome to the foz, it's how we deal with the continual ineptness of our club. It's quite therapeutic once you get used to it.

Besides, if we're never happy with the club, it means we'll always expect more of our club, and hope that someday we reach it. No use being content with finishing 8/10, unless you like a pathetic club representing us.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

I like Couscous. Keep posting pls.
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDyl
    You're funnier on the internet than you are in person.
    Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    the NF law...the longer the thread stays open, the probablity that the thread becomes about joel griffiths approaches 1

Couscous,

If I hand a pencil to Glenn Murcutt, he will draw some beautiful, context-relevant building. If I hand that same pencil to you, the outcome is more likely to be a square house with a curly line indicating smoke coming from the chimney (much like my daughter drew in every picture as a child).

It remains the same pencil. Like a cock, it is what you do with it that counts.

Okon has taken a bunch of promising young players and got them playing some sparkling football. It is fast and neat. The players run into space and the ball is played in reverse and forward angles. GVE has these same kids playing 'passies' across the backline. Talent needs structure and strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by vikingjet View Post
    Couscous,

If I hand a pencil to Glenn Murcutt, he will draw some beautiful, context-relevant building. If I hand that same pencil to you, the outcome is more likely to be a square house with a curly line indicating smoke coming from the chimney (much like my daughter drew in every picture as a child).

Okon has taken a bunch of promising young players and got them playing some sparkling football. It is fast and neat. The players run into space and the ball is played in reverse and forward angles. GVE has these same kids playing 'passies' across the backline. Talent needs structure and strategy.
    Great post

Quote Originally Posted by vikingjet View Post
    Couscous,