Page 51 of 74 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1474

Thread: GVE Gooooooooone

best quote ever. bar none.

and welcome back VJ. i take it the paddle steamer is back in town.

GVE is using the wrong pencils.

I'd always pictured GVE as a crayon type of bloke.

Who'd have known ?

It's GVE, I fully expect him to be using crayons... maybe even finger painting.

GVE = mr squiggle
    Okon = macgyver

I hope you all haven't scared Couscous off. This debate was certainly livening up a dull off season.

Then give him a job Ange and let us move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Couscous View Post
    I'm astounded at the shit they cop from many Jets fans, who seem blind to their ability.
    To be fair, the players dont cop much from the fans. It's mostly Gve.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fish View Post
    To be fair, the players dont cop much from the fans. It's mostly Gve.
    Except Gallaway....fkn Gallaway.

Couscous you can't have it both ways.

You can't praise the coach for good performances/results and then in the next breathe say it's not his fault at all for the rubbish performances/results.

Why is 2011/12 allowed to be a right off? In 2006/07 GVE took over after 7 matches and took them to the Prelim Final. 2011/12 he took over after 3 matches, failed to do any better than Branko.

Quite simply, a lot of people didn't believe GVE was any good the first time around despite some good results. 2006/07 99% will admit he did a very good job, 2007/08 despite winning it he made some odd signings, team selections were strange and people started to ask questions. Then in 08/09 his man-management was terrible and it's all been downhill from there.

He's come back preaching this and that and has failed to deliver. Team performances on the whole are poor and do not reflect what he preaches and his man-managment and ability to sign players and in particular visa players is horrendous.

GVE did not unearth, Goodwin, Chapman, Brillante etc. They were already known young prospects. Anybody can offer a youngster first team opportunities and then play them willy nilly.

GVE is blinded by his own ego. It's ok to believe in yourself, but when your ego makes you make decisions purely to prove that your the boss then you have a problem.

A good majority of the players hate him and performances this season will not improve. Another 7th or 8th for the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Imyourhero View Post
    Except Gallaway....fkn Gallaway.
    Think your confused with Neville? Gallaway looked impressive until he got injured
    Quote Originally Posted by #fixsmithpark View Post
    I'M GULLIBLE!

I should say that I'm not a Jets fan. I'm a Victory fan. Nor do I live in Newy.
    I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I struggle to comprehend why a Victory fan would care what a group of Jets fans sitting behind a keyboard think about their coach? Our concerns about our management team have nil impact on your team.

You don't hear what a lot of us in local football circles hear

Try walk a mile in our shoes over the last few years and maybe you'll understand our frustration.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 26-06-2013 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I agree everyone is entitled to their opinion, however I struggle to comprehend why a Victory fan would care what a group of Jets fans sitting behind a keyboard think about their coach?
    this.

let's just all agree that couscous has done a very good job of winding a lot of people up and move on.

The Jets are my favourite team. But I'm a Victory fan. It's too late to switch.
    Da fuq??

By the way, where's the Okon Out thread?
    Okon hasn't singlehandedly ruined a towns football team for a couple of years, and pushed away hundreds-thousands of members yet. So he's still got a while before he gets his own thread.

By the way was it GvE's guidance that led to the Young Socceroos being beaten by minnows El Salvador?

By the way, where's the Okon Out thread?
    Protocol states there must be a 'Okon In' thread before anyone is allowed to start a 'Okon out' thread.

and before you ask, yes there was a 'GVE in' thread but it didn't really get much traffic and has slipped down the pecking order somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Okon hasn't singlehandedly ruined a towns football team for a couple of years, and pushed away hundreds-thousands of members yet. So he's still got a while before he gets his own thread.

By the way was it GvE's guidance that led to the Young Socceroos being beaten by minnows El Salvador?

And Brillante used a well worn GVE excuse after the game. "We had some a lot of possession but couldn't deliver in the final third"

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Protocol states there must be a 'Okon In' thread before anyone is allowed to start a 'Okon out' thread.

and before you ask, yes there was a 'GVE in' thread but it didn't really get much traffic and has slipped down the pecking order somewhat.
    Think that was on Old Foz

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post

Wrong. Only protocol that exists on nf.net is known as The Slobs Directive
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast