Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 8 | Melbourne Victory v Newcastle Jets | Sat 26 Nov 2016 5:35PM

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    The Jets are beyond repair. Nothing short of new players, new coach, new coaching staff, and a new owner will get them out of the current shit fest.
    Martin Lee is both clueless about the game and too tight with a dollar to be of any use to the club.
    The FFA should fold the club so young kids don't have to be subjected to this shit 27 times a season.
    This.

Town is f*****d...crap football team...terminal NRL club...no money....high unemployment....CBD full of apartments and no parking or rail line...grrrrrr.
    Shall I move to Brisbane or Adelaide?

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Town is f*****d...crap football team...terminal NRL club...no money....high unemployment....CBD full of apartments and no parking or rail line...grrrrrr.
    Shall I move to Brisbane or Adelaide?
    Brisvegas chicks for the win.

Can't believe I thought this team would be playing finals.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Can't believe I thought this team would be playing finals.
    You poor, silly misgiuded fool. This is The Jets! We don't believe in finals football.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Call me crazy, Jets 2-1.
    Yep, I'm completely bonkers.

Leilei looked okay. Some danger on those fks.

The fact Brennan is starting highlights our current woes. Scores from that opportunity who knows what would have happened from there.

Introduce kokko, nabbout, boogard, and we will be much better for it.

To stop the rot Mr Lee needs to show he is true to his word about ambition.

Jones was always the wrong person for the job. His appointment was nepotism of the highest order and he needs to go. Then we need to look at the squad.

Right now though, it's same old shit as we are in a holding patern while we rebuild. **** that, someone needs to take responsibility for the shit results and actually do something about it. This is something the jets have never done.

Watching the Sydney game and it's a laugh that they've gone all season winning every game bar one draw and still have an empty stadium. We'd have it packed if we were in the same situation. When are they going to stop dishing up the same shit of a club to such loyal people

Any dullard would have known that semis arent for us.

Relax, we could yet snatch 9th and dont expect any amazing changes in the near future, Bing is happy.

Now, how are those video ezy shares going...

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    To stop the rot Mr Lee needs to show he is true to his word about ambition.

Jones was always the wrong person for the job. His appointment was nepotism of the highest order and he needs to go. Then we need to look at the squad.

Right now though, it's same old shit as we are in a holding patern while we rebuild. **** that, someone needs to take responsibility for the shit results and actually do something about it. This is something the jets have never done.
    I still think with our best XI on the field, we'd be higher up the table. I do agree that Jones is the wrong man for the job. Bring Miller back.

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    So according the a-league stats, our 20 shots against the scum last week was the highest of any team this season. And Hoole has apparently created 18 chances, more than any other player in the league.....
    'Allo boys.
    Where my man stopper2 at?
    Prob celebrating us at the top of the league and Hoole for ballon d'or.

Stats say so yeah?

I agree, with our first 11, we in theory should be further up the table. I am not convinced Jones could achieve this though.

Ive no problem with our strongest squad, if it were available. But with so many injuries, you cant just put that down to luck, or lack thereof. Whats going on with the sports science/fitness in the club. Is it up to scratch compared to other clubs.

The club right now has an easy out for jones. Its too easy to blame our season on injuries. Thats jones job though, to manage the resources he has, and the results aren't looking favourably on him. Its also not looking favourably on those who are higher in the club who appear to condone the results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter403 View Post
    Missed the first half. Brown looking ok in a poor team. Super Ugar looking ok. The rest, well the less said the better
    If you missed the first half, you must have missed uga losing the ball in the second half and having a little sook and walking back. Also his hissy fit with hoole. In the first half you missed his hack in the first minute.
    We all have our favourites but sometimes we need to be less one eyed. Poljak is more creative and intellegent and that showed last week.
    BTW clut is a ten minute player. We wont win too many games with him starting and playing 90 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Boden View Post
    If you missed the first half, you must have missed uga losing the ball in the second half and having a little sook and walking back. Also his hissy fit with hoole. In the first half you missed his hack in the first minute.
    We all have our favourites but sometimes we need to be less one eyed. Poljak is more creative and intellegent and that showed last week.
    BTW clut is a ten minute player. We wont win too many games with him starting and playing 90 mins.
    Not being one eyed at all. He is no more or less a favorite than Poljak. Ideally I would like both to start so please don't tell me who I do or do not favour.

As I said, I missed the first half so you are correct that I didn't see the things you mentioned. However, I did see him provide one of the few penetrating balls we managed in the second half and did see him contest well. These are skills he has regularly demonstrated. If he had tbe sh!ts with Hoole then I am neither surprised or concerned. Hoole is in need of an attitude adjustment from his team mates. Ugar s one of the best, if not the best, ball player we have and I think in a team of limited abiliity he needs to be on the park..

And BTW, I didn't mention Clut. However, as you did i will add this. He is IMHO a better option than Hoole and might be worth a crack in that role when we have a fully fit forward line.

Absolutely superb turn out for the Tour of Duty, must have had at least 150 in the away bay.
    Game was shit, but hilarity ensued from kickoff to fulltime.
    Highlights were:
    Vandenberg telling everyone around him we are going to win the league, and consequently being asked to share the drugs he must be smoking
    North Terrace - they ain't what they used to be chant
    Ma Leilei chant (to tune of Watch Me by Silento)
    Back and forth banter with the south terrace

Which all paled into insignificance when compared to a portly 10yr old dropping his KFC chips over the fence in front of us towards the end of the first half. Chip related chanting duly took precedence whenever the opportunity presented itself for the rest of the game. Which helped divert attention away from the realisation that while we turned up en masse in Melbourne - the players didn't.

To any of the ppl that travelled who read the foz - thanks for attending a memorable away trip, and another Tour of Duty will be organised next season.
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

For those keeping tabs, this game we achieved our highest mongrel rating of the year with 4 yellow cards and conceding 20 fouls in the match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    For those keeping tabs, this game we achieved our highest mongrel rating of the year with 4 yellow cards and conceding 20 fouls in the match.
    get in boys. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Job done, #betterthanwinning

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Job done, #betterthanwinning
    And we played good football according to Jones. #betterthanwinningtoo
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.