Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: SubCommittee meeting Dec6

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    This club is a renovator's delight
    Cosy

Renovate or detonate
    OK

swing a cat

Can you ask when we might win a game. I'd like to set the VCR to record it.

A lot of people are unhappy with the imbalance between night and afternoon games. Yes, we are all aware now that we don't rate well on Fox and that Fox and FFA favour the big city clubs and the Derby's blah blah blah.
    Seeing there have been a couple Thursday night games so far this season (one on Melbourne, one in Gosford), would the club at least consider trialling one or even two Thursday night home games next season?
    I know people will say, no this won't work on a Thursday working night/ school night but how about in the school holiday period in December/January when all kids are home and many parents are also having time off work? This in my opinion would be an ideal time for a Thursday night fixture.
    Not going to know if you don't give it a go.
    I think the fact that there have been a couple games already this year shows that Fox and the FFA are probably in the near future looking at a Thursday night slot when the A-League expands to 12 teams and especially when it eventually goes to 14 so we may not have a say in it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Here's one for you, the gates opened at 2:20 on Sunday, as advertised, allowing 10 mins to get in.

A lot of people were asking why only open the gates 10 mins before and not 30? It was a hot day and you had people lining up in the heat to get in, and the line was substantial. I noted the members entrance was open, but why not the general public?
    The members entrance opens early. A perk of membership. Trying to encourage people to become members, thanking those who have etc etc

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    The members entrance opens early. A perk of membership. Trying to encourage people to become members, thanking those who have etc etc
    Thats a pathetic excuse to full paying customers. Thought you fought for equality. disgrace all round

I'm not saying don't do that, but open the gates earlier, say 20mins before kick off, with members getting in at 30mins to.

A lot of people may not have the memberships and if they think let's go watch two games of football and rock up but miss the kick off due to the line, they're not going to come back again.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by hawk View Post
    Thats a pathetic excuse to full paying customers. Thought you fought for equality. disgrace all round
    You're right. I don't. yes.
    club want people to become members - members whinge when don't get any perks - so a perk was provided
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

You're right. I don't. yes.
    club want people to become members - members whinge when don't get any perks - so a perk was provided
    not really a perk..

You actually want if your going to get the womens game getting more people, access for all of the public to be able to see the game... its better for the womens team too when there are more faces.

A Perk would be meeting the team before the game for some members.. a stadium tour the day of the both games.. other acccess opportunities... other events... food and bevarage list of ideas can go on!

might be a minor issue but it still is one.
    Amigos Aarau

I think the pretty good member admission prices, free gypo away, plus handouts, semis tix preferences (lol), bbq days are enough IMO. We should entice quicker entry for turn up fans to try and encourage more.

I think the pretty good member admission prices, free gypo away, plus handouts, semis tix preferences (lol), bbq days are enough IMO. We should entice quicker entry for turn up fans to try and encourage more.
    Exactly. First timers who go and have to stand in the sun waiting to get in, only to miss the start, probably aren't going to return.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Exactly. First timers who go and have to stand in the sun waiting to get in, only to miss the start, probably aren't going to return.
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    not really a perk..

You actually want if your going to get the womens game getting more people, access for all of the public to be able to see the game... its better for the womens team too when there are more faces.

A Perk would be meeting the team before the game for some members.. a stadium tour the day of the both games.. other acccess opportunities... other events... food and bevarage list of ideas can go on!

might be a minor issue but it still is one.
    Agreed, though the members entry (which squadron tickets don't work at funnily enough) is at least one visible difference.

The club are often after ideas to make membership more desirable, so if you flesh out "the list goes on" im sure the club would be open to such ideas.

The stadium tour with some players wis a great idea.

The stadium tour with some players wis a great idea.
    I agree. Fans could see the various outlets where $7 cups of half-cold chips are served, and also where I accidentally kicked over a Squadron members beer as I entered the Active Support area 2 weeks ago.

Great stuff

Another idea a friend of mine suggested to me offering some incentives to go and watch the women's games.
    I'm not being sexist, but the opportunity to watch them before the men is not much of an incentive. My mate's point was he could sit in a pub and watch it, and pay reasonable price for beers and food, and then head over to watch the main game. He wasn't interested in paying over the top prices for 4 hours of his afternoon.
    So discounted food & drinks during the women's games to entice more people to a) attend their games and b) more people would stay for the main game.

Bit of a left field idea, but if they're paying staff to be there when there's only 1500 people there, what's the problem with selling more at a lower margin?
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Another idea a friend of mine suggested to me offering some incentives to go and watch the women's games.
    I'm not being sexist, but the opportunity to watch them before the men is not much of an incentive. My mate's point was he could sit in a pub and watch it, and pay reasonable price for beers and food, and then head over to watch the main game. He wasn't interested in paying over the top prices for 4 hours of his afternoon.
    So discounted food & drinks during the women's games to entice more people to a) attend their games and b) more people would stay for the main game.

Bit of a left field idea, but if they're paying staff to be there when there's only 1500 people there, what's the problem with selling more at a lower margin?
    I like the idea but can't see it going anywhere. As soon as they start selling stuff at lower prices they'd get people asking the question why they don't do it for the men's game too.

Also I can already see the SJWs / social media whingers jumping on it as being sexist and misogynistic (somehow)

Yeh, I know, I thought that while discussing it with my mate, but it has merit, if it could be tweaked to appease the social warriors of the world.
    I dont see how you can argue attracting another 1000 people to a women's game isnt beneficial for everyone.
    Could advertise it as 'happy hour' or the like. Get people thru the gates earlier meaning they stay for longer, spend more money, yell at Jonesy more. It's positives for everyone.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    I like the idea but can't see it going anywhere. As soon as they start selling stuff at lower prices they'd get people asking the question why they don't do it for the men's game too.

Also I can already see the SJWs / social media whingers jumping on it as being sexist and misogynistic (somehow)
    I just don't think they are allowed to do any sort of alcohol promotion due to RSA laws are they?

Prob some lefty law out there preventing fat kiddies being sold cheap hot chips as well.
    It's got Penny Wongs crocodile tears written all over it.

MAKE AMERICA FAT AGAIN!!!!!

Agenda items have been sent in.

Colours/Kit
    Seating/ticketing
    Community Links - Chinese community in Newy?
    Fixtures - promotion of W-league and Yoof games.

Happy for thread to focus discussion on these areas so we can better represent people's views.

New threads will come for future meetings.