Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SubCommittee meeting Dec6

SubCommittee meeting Dec6

We've got our next meeting Dec6th -

Any issues anyone would like raised?

new kit - and discussion of club colours / kit design in one thing id like to raise for them to start sorting now so we don't have the "timeframe is too short" excuse when next season's kits start to become a topic of discussion - the ffa made it clear that club colours were up for discussion -is this something Lee also sees as a discussion point or are we sticking with what we have - once and for all this issue needs to be put to bed either way.

ticketing seems to be being sorted EDIT: But enforcement of allocated seating in gold and silver sections is not happening and this is pissing people off.
    Last edited by GazFish35; 22-11-2016 at 02:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Minutes from previous meetings were being uploaded here

https://membership.newcastlejets.com...-sub-committee

Will also get this fixed so all can see what we have taken forward and the responses from the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I would like to see the knights colours buggered off and the home kit be Cinnamon and Emerald

I know it has brought up before but people helping themselves to platinum, gold and silver seating, who are NOT members is now spreading like a disease. Away fans from SFC and CC have helped themselves to member seating recently and if challenged just move to the next available. This has been going on for several seasons and is a well known rort - they know they will not be challenged by security and they know this is how they can get out of the sun.

Actually watched a group sit nearby the other day - after assessing whether anyone would want their seats at kickoff time, promptly phoned the rest of their group to come and join them.

Fair is fair - why should I fork out extra for a reserved seat when firstly, someone might be sitting in it when I arrive and secondly, I can do the same at less cost.

Ridiculous that the Squadron bay is treated like Colditz whilst anyone (from another club) can help themselves to a gold seat in the Western Stand.

On the flipside, I've bought a GA membership the last few seasons and sat in the Eastern stand just about every game. Fair enough we might sit in someone's reserved seat although it hasn't happened yet. But if the stand is two thirds empty I don't see the problem in finding a seat there. Maybe the problem is worse in the Western stand given the amount of afternoon games we have, its obviously far more congested over in the shade.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Fair is fair - why should I fork out extra for a reserved seat when firstly, someone might be sitting in it when I arrive and secondly, I can do the same at less cost.

Ridiculous that the Squadron bay is treated like Colditz whilst anyone (from another club) can help themselves to a gold seat in the Western Stand.
    More to the point, why should I have to evict people from my seats every game.

I also love when someone tries to move into the bay with their GA tickets and proceed to tell everyone to shut up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    I know it has brought up before but people helping themselves to platinum, gold and silver seating, who are NOT members is now spreading like a disease. Away fans from SFC and CC have helped themselves to member seating recently and if challenged just move to the next available. This has been going on for several seasons and is a well known rort - they know they will not be challenged by security and they know this is how they can get out of the sun.

Actually watched a group sit nearby the other day - after assessing whether anyone would want their seats at kickoff time, promptly phoned the rest of their group to come and join them.

1000% with you.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

edited OP

will try and add peoples views to the OP as discussion happens - if you fell you've been missed, or misunderstood, please let me know

as a sub committee we put three items on the agenda - but can usually raise more through the course of the meeting - so these points here will be synthesised with the other committee members before being put to the club.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Not sure if this is something to be discussed there, pardon my ignorance.
    But January transfer plans?

Otherwise, I agree with the ticket enforcement.
    I was gifted tickets to an open air box on halfway, and then randoms came & sat around us. As mooted above, I dont want to tell ppl where they can/cant sit.

Are we able to get the TVs turned on at the bars? It might just be my bar at the top of the Western GS, but they are always off. Everytime you go to Sydney @ SFS there are hundreds of TVs to make sure you don't miss the action, same at WSW away at the Showground last month. Is that something we could easily fix?
    Last edited by Cabaye#4; 22-11-2016 at 03:13 PM. Reason: I type like an idiot
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabaye#4 View Post
    Not sure if this is something to be discussed there, pardon my ignorance.
    But January transfer plans?

Otherwise, I agree with the ticket enforcement.
    I was gifted tickets to an open air box on halfway, and then randoms came & sat around us. As mooted above, I dont want to tell ppl where they can/cant sit.

Are we able to get the TVs turned on at the bars? It might just be my bar at the top of the Western GS, but they are always off. Everytime you go to Sydney @ SFS there are hundreds of TVs to make sure you don't miss the action, same at WSW away at the Showground last month. Is that something we could easily fix?
    transfer plans are out of the scope of the committee unfortunatly - it's only membership, match-day experience and community focussed, not footballing department.

As for Tvs, that is something within the scope.

Kit supplier plans?

Club colours - remind them that 76% of us voted for e&c back when the club gave us a say (remind them how nice it is for members to have a say). And ask them when the last time they'd had more than three quarters of club members agree on anything outside of Stubbins and/or GVE Out.

Ask them for a clearly stated football philosophy that the club is headed towards and to highlight what are the major issues stopping the club from implementing them.

Ask them what the transfer fee for Ryan Griffiths was, Robbie Middleby never answered me.

Highlight the disappointment, whoever is to blame, for the complete lack of Saturday night home games (and night games in general). Even premeditate their answer by referencing TV deals etc, but tell them that the club members just want to voice how unhappy they are with the lack of night football and that should be one of the majors to strive for heading into preparations for next season.

Ask if the coaching staff are held to a list of kpi's and if they are meeting them currently.
    OK

1. Ask them if having the option of a player to be voted man of the match even if he doesn't play could become a tradition #Jerks
    2. Ask them to enforce all away fans to sit in away bay ONLY......Don't like being surrounded by Gypos in my silver bay.....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Highlight the disappointment, whoever is to blame, for the complete lack of Saturday night home games (and night games in general). Even premeditate their answer by referencing TV deals etc, but tell them that the club members just want to voice how unhappy they are with the lack of night football and that should be one of the majors to strive for heading into preparations for next season.
    This has been raised and has been done to death. In summary club make requests, Fox set the agenda because they pay the bills.

Ask them for a clearly stated football philosophy that the club is headed towards and to highlight what are the major issues stopping the club from implementing them.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Minutes from previous meetings were being uploaded here. https://membership.newcastlejets.com...-sub-committee

Will also get this fixed so all can see what we have taken forward and the responses from the club.
    lol. you're actually giving minutes! well done new sub-coms teams Kutgw.

Not sure there's a whole lot we need cept for some wins which is discussed in that other boardroom where knowledgeable fans are banned from. damn

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    More to the point, why should I have to evict people from my seats every game.

I also love when someone tries to move into the bay with their GA tickets and proceed to tell everyone to shut up.
    try a beer shower, us having a shot is cause for celebration

I really think the colours is one to be brought up, especially with the new kit supplier needing to be found.

Ask what the cut off date is for colours to be decided on, then get the club to create a survey for members to complete for the main colours they want to see for home/away. Have a timeline for it to be completed by, 2-3 weeks would be plenty of time for everyone to respond.

Send atleast 4 reminders out over the 2 week period via email, social media, local radio adds, the Herald.

Pretty simple option for colours could be:

Home:
    1 - E & C
    2 - Gold, Royal Blue, Red (Current Colours)
    3 - Gold, Navy Blue, Red (Original Jets Colours)
    4 - Gold, E&C
    5 - Red, Blue, Gold
    6 - Other, Specify

Away:
    1 - E & C
    2 - Gold, Royal Blue, Red (Current Colours)
    3 - Gold, Navy Blue, Red (Original Jets Colours)
    4 - Gold, E&C
    5 - Red, Blue, Gold
    6 - Other, Specify

It would all be digital and results realised quickly with plenty of time for whoever the new kit supplier is to work with, due to time frames leave the designs upto the supplier, but from the following season possibly have members pick from a few designs for the home/away strip like we did with the original E&C?

I'd like to know what pressure the club is bringing to bear on the owners of the stadium re improving the match day experience in general.

Secondly, would they be prepared to lobby for some retractable shade structurs at the southern end? cantilevered shade structures with the shade cloth on rails/wires shouldn't cost too much, would greatly improve the match day experience and wouldn't upset knights fans (who probably like the sun during winter)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    This has been raised and has been done to death. In summary club make requests, Fox set the agenda because they pay the bills.
    Please voice it again as the issue hasn't gone away
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    I'd like to know what pressure the club is bringing to bear on the owners of the stadium re improving the match day experience in general.

Secondly, would they be prepared to lobby for some retractable shade structurs at the southern end? cantilevered shade structures with the shade cloth on rails/wires shouldn't cost too much, would greatly improve the match day experience and wouldn't upset knights fans (who probably like the sun during winter)
    Swimming pool written all over that post....
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Please voice it again as the issue hasn't gone away
    Nor have Jet shaped hats. Which is the more pressing issue?