Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SubCommittee meeting Dec6

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    I really think the colours is one to be brought up
    This is the identity issue that needs to be adressed.

"Pick some colours, shit brown for all i care but fkn stick to it."

Pass this quote on, thnx

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    But enforcement of allocated seating in gold and silver sections is not happening and this is pissing people off.
    Please politely ask club to continually turn a blind eye to this, ta.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Nor have Jet shaped hats. Which is the more pressing issue?
    The hats, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    The hats, for sure.
    agreed
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Here's one for you, the gates opened at 2:20 on Sunday, as advertised, allowing 10 mins to get in.

A lot of people were asking why only open the gates 10 mins before and not 30? It was a hot day and you had people lining up in the heat to get in, and the line was substantial. I noted the members entrance was open, but why not the general public?
    Middleby Gone

Lawrie Out

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas477 View Post
    Here's one for you, the gates opened at 2:20 on Sunday, as advertised, allowing 10 mins to get in.

A lot of people were asking why only open the gates 10 mins before and not 30? It was a hot day and you had people lining up in the heat to get in, and the line was substantial. I noted the members entrance was open, but why not the general public?
    I'm not a member.
    We did notice a lot of people lined up but I've never been one for lining up so we just walked past the line up and went through to the right of the members entrance into Bay 58 in the western stand.
    There was one secco bloke there but he didn't have any dramas about us entering that way when we showed our tickets to him.
    The luxury of being old I guess - but hardly any consolation for not being able to thread the needles of chicks between 18 and 25 anymore without using a credit card - but that's another story.
    Got to our seats in plenty of time for kick-off at 2:30pm.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 22-11-2016 at 10:45 PM.

1000% with you.
    I bet both of you guys make people move inside the cinemas too.

You show people your ticket, they move, you get your seat. It's not your issue anymore. It's like 1minute of minor inconvenience for you. I just don't see the issue at all, hey.

You guys realise that what you're asking for in essence is our club to spend more money on something not football related, right? And by that I mean the only way to enforce it is to pay more people in yellow vests to monitor & police this. Think about how much you love the club, and where you want the clubs money invested the most. Then compare it to that 1 minute of inconvenience to yourself every other game.
    OK

I can see both sides.
    For paying Gold-Platinum members it would be frustrating to see free loaders come into their supposed "upper market" seats that they pay significantly more for. What's the point in paying more if somebody can just walk in and sit in front of you.
    If you buy first class with the expectation of more room and less people etc, and a family or group of people sneak up to first class and sit around you, you're probs gonna say something, or have your first class experience tarnished. You paid good money for first class and these guys that paid economy are having the same experience as you.

On the other side, if nobody is sitting there, does it really hurt?

Would be interesting if the club could give you a sticker that you can stick on your seat for the season.
    "Reserved for Jets Gold/Platinum Member".

Guess it depends which side of the fence you are on.

Class warfare.
    Thanks for nuthin Bill Shorten.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

You show people your ticket, they move, you get your seat. It's not your issue anymore. It's like 1minute of minor inconvenience for you. I just don't see the issue at all, hey.

You guys realise that what you're asking for in essence is our club to spend more money on something not football related, right? And by that I mean the only way to enforce it is to pay more people in yellow vests to monitor & police this. Think about how much you love the club, and where you want the clubs money invested the most. Then compare it to that 1 minute of inconvenience to yourself every other game.
    If people just moved on sure - but sometimes you get some nasty pushback from some who look at you as if you are backward and either huff and puff or say "look at all the seats".

Last season for example we had about a dozen Wanderers sitting in the gold seats singing their songs and jumping up and down and letting everyone know about it - not "1 minute" but for 120 mins. That is not to be expected in an area local people pay good money for. Con had seccos at every entrance in the good old days.

We are seen as a soft touch - imagine Wanderers fans being allowed to sit amongst Smurfs glitterati or Victory member bays?

Am I a middle class snob - you betcha.
    Last edited by Jetmaster; 23-11-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Club needs to start making Beluga Caviar available on game days to keep the Gold - Platinum members happy. I mean it's bad enough they have to share a stadium with poor people let alone not be able to enjoy some quality snacks during the game.

3-5 seccos could sweep through the bay checking tickets and punting those with incorrect tickets. like they used to do in active areas for no reason at all.

Wonder how many of you lot on here complaining about people stealing free seat upgrades illegally download music or stream movies or tv, or pocket money they find on the ground?

Prob none of you huh.

I've started a survey about our colours moving forward for the sub committee to present the results to the club. It's only 9 questions, and should take you no more than 5 minutes.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3DJ7CPT

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wonder how many of you lot on here complaining about people stealing free seat upgrades illegally download music or stream movies or tv, or pocket money they find on the ground? Prob none of you huh.
    99.9999999999999999999%

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG NBUnited View Post
    I've started a survey about our colours moving forward for the sub committee to present the results to the club. It's only 9 questions, and should take you no more than 5 minutes.
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/3DJ7CPT
    Completed.

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post

I know I could reduce my membership level from Silver to GA and go and sit in the stands because I know my ticket is going to be checked.

The way I look at it, are these people actually ripping the club off by taking that mindset? There's $80 difference between Red ($170) and Silver single adult membership but honestly, most of the Eastern bay is Gold so that a difference of $180.

If there are, for this example, 100 people who do take this approach every year and sit in the gold bays for a season despite having a GA card, the club are missing out on $11,800 in revenue. My bet is there are lots more that 100 who do it. Not to mention the blow-ins that go to the odd match.

We're actually ripping our own club off. This amount, when added up each year across all ticket classes, could fund some additional training gear, a few extra school visits, some increased advertising or even a coach or support staff. Would the amount we gain be off-set by additional security? Maybe. Would policing the ticketing harder actually drive people away? Perhaps.

So instead of thinking "it's a two-minute inconvenience" I'm actually looking at it as we're limiting the ability of our club to progress by not allowing them to maximise the match day revenue..

Not only that, but on a plane, I can't pay for a standard seat and expect to walk into first class and sit where I want.
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 23-11-2016 at 12:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Wonder how many of you lot on here complaining about people stealing free seat upgrades illegally download music or stream movies or tv, or pocket money they find on the ground?

Prob none of you huh.
    Let's just make it all one price - the gold price.....drain the pond.

Last edited by Jetmaster; 23-11-2016 at 12:58 PM.

I know I could reduce my membership level from Silver to GA and go and sit in the stands because I know my ticket is going to be checked.

The way I look at it, are these people actually ripping the club off by taking that mindset? There's $80 difference between Red ($170) and Silver single adult membership but honestly, most of the Eastern bay is Gold so that a difference of $180.

If there are, for this example, 100 people who do take this approach every year and sit in the gold bays for a season despite having a GA card, the club are missing out on $11,800 in revenue. My bet is there are lots more that 100 who do it. Not to mention the blow-ins that go to the odd match.

We're actually ripping our own club off. This amount, when added up each year across all ticket classes, could fund some additional training gear, a few extra school visits, some increased advertising or even a coach or support staff. Would the amount we gain be off-set by additional security? Maybe. Would policing the ticketing harder actually drive people away? Perhaps.

So instead of thinking "it's a two-minute inconvenience" I'm actually looking at it as we're limiting the ability of our club to progress by not allowing them to maximise the match day revenue..

Not only that, but on a plane, I can't pay for a standard seat and expect to walk into first class and sit where I want.
    Depends what action they would take if forced to choose. Those 100 people might just settle for sitting on the hill, and because they're now sitting in the sun, surrounded by ****ing annoying kids running around them for 90minutes, they suddenly don't enjoy their matchday experience anymore, and subsequently don't renew membership the following year. If a fancy pants seat is out of their budget, GA might be the only option available to them. Do we want to turn those people away? Or is it better to get their GA money and fill up seats?

Same argument I use for downloading music. I download music that I wouldn't buy, so the artist isn't disadvantaged. If anything, it helps me find way more artists that I end up liking because I can sample more of their product. If I like an artist enough, I trust that I'll like a new album and I buy, and if it means I end up paying for tickets to see them live as well, they win in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetmaster View Post
    Let's just make it all one price - the gold price.....drain the pond.

Wealth distribution.

At least Hawk puts a lock on his private suite to keep the unwashed out.