Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 9 | Newcastle Jets v Sydney Smurfs | Sun 4 Dec 2016 5:00PM

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    For his sake I hope not. I seriously can't remember the last time I was entertained by our team ( even when we win).
    Surely you would have to hope he did - get something happening!

Quote Originally Posted by idontwannaplaywithhowey View Post
    For his sake I hope not. I seriously can't remember the last time I was entertained by our team ( even when we win).
    Hope the pinhead did. See how poorly his investment actually is. The fact 8500 people including myself actually sign up for this bullshit is beyond me. I mean I'm a nutcase but the rest..
    he needs to take his blinkers off and actually see just how ****ing poor this squad is. Below average before injuries. Let alone with what's left now.
    It's all good but. 3 years time we'll be playing in the ACL. Pffttttt

Quote Originally Posted by Wilso8948 View Post
    Hope the pinhead did. See how poorly his investment actually is. The fact 8500 people including myself actually sign up for this bullshit is beyond me. I mean I'm a nutcase but the rest..
    he needs to take his blinkers off and actually see just how ****ing poor this squad is. Below average before injuries. Let alone with what's left now.
    It's all good but. 3 years time we'll be playing in the ACL. Pffttttt
    You could argue that our squad is stronger than last years but the problem is most of the other teams are sronger too. Our recruitment of visa players is so far behind the top clubs it's not funny, that I think is our biggest downfall. As an example we have already extended Brown's contract for another 2 seasons, yes he has some good qualities but he is not in the same league as Martinez, Brandan or Jakobsen for example of some new visa players this season. As a club either we seem to be delusional and clueless to just how high the bar is in regards to the quality of visa player that is required....or we simply don't have the know-how and resources available to not only scout these players but to actually attract them here. Probably a combination of all these factors.
    This Jan transfer window could be the most important period under the Ledman ownership's short history to date which could be a strong indicator of just how serious Martin Lee is about making this club a force.

You can argue all you want. Our squad is not good enough to make the top 6 in a 10 team comp

I thought it was pretty poor form from both squadron and the cove yesty that the 71st minute wasn't recognised. Other games had a minute applause. All I heard was some bloke on a microphone yelling the whole time.

It was mentioned prior to the game, but to b honest I forgot about it as we had just gone down 2-0 and I think most people were packing up and leaving around the 71st minute.

Plus we had just lost our inspirational leader Kanta in the 69th minute.
    When I grow up, I want to be Yohan Cabaye.

Banned
    I thought it was pretty poor form from both squadron and the cove yesty that the 71st minute wasn't recognised. Other games had a minute applause. All I heard was some bloke on a microphone yelling the whole time.
    I think by that stage most people were either asleep, contemplating suicide, or asking themselves why they ****ing bother.

I was contemplating and weighing up the pros and cons of whether a crystal meth addiction would be better in the long and short term than supporting this abomination of a club so that why I missed taking part.

Most people do forget these things. But it's often left upon the active support to initiate. I thought it would be a good gesture that would have gotten some of the crowd to actual realise the squadron was there. Sorry I know people work hard and the results on the field don't help but the active support at this club really has gone to shit

If you aren't part of the solution you're part of the precipitate.

Most people do forget these things. But it's often left upon the active support to initiate. I thought it would be a good gesture that would have gotten some of the crowd to actual realise the squadron was there. Sorry I know people work hard and the results on the field don't help but the active support at this club really has gone to shit
    The minutes silence prematch was impeccably observed
    Unfortunately however, with hardly anyone showing up for active support against Sydney, it was a struggle to get ppl to chant Cmon Newcastle let alone lead the stadium in a minutes applause. We were that busy concentrating on trying to gee up the few people that were in active support, we missed the 71st minute mark and didn't realise until a few minutes later.
    Apologies if anyone was offended.

As far as your comment that active support went to shit - I agree with you.
    We had over 150 ppl in the bay for the derby the previous game. We had probably 35 for the game on sunday. Where did they all go from the previous game? The usual guys were there, but everyone else needs to rock up every game to make it work. What are we supposed to do?
    Subscribe to The Jetstream Podcast http://www.newcastlefootball.net/podcast

Is he being a sarcastic c*nt? Or is is that he just likes it when Mark bends over for him:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...tient/?cs=3398
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    Is he being a sarcastic c*nt? Or is is that he just likes it when Mark bends over for him:
    http://www.theherald.com.au/story/43...tient/?cs=3398
    They are boys from the old times.

Gotta look after your own.

How you think he got the job in the first place, you think he was the most qualified man for the job or something?

Quote Originally Posted by furns View Post
    The minutes silence prematch was impeccably observed
    Unfortunately however, with hardly anyone showing up for active support against Sydney, it was a struggle to get ppl to chant Cmon Newcastle let alone lead the stadium in a minutes applause. We were that busy concentrating on trying to gee up the few people that were in active support, we missed the 71st minute mark and didn't realise until a few minutes later.
    Apologies if anyone was offended.

As far as your comment that active support went to shit - I agree with you.
    We had over 150 ppl in the bay for the derby the previous game. We had probably 35 for the game on sunday. Where did they all go from the previous game? The usual guys were there, but everyone else needs to rock up every game to make it work. What are we supposed to do?
    You blokes didn't acknowledge my birthday either.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    You blokes didn't acknowledge my birthday either.
    Shoulda clapped for 90 minutes straight

90 minutes silence for his poor mother more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Roundball Enthusiast View Post
    90 minutes silence for his poor mother more likely.
    A Petri dish?

Wink

Would that would have been a minute for each birthday

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    A Petri dish?

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Silver lining was the $1.55 Sydney were paying for the win

Time to double up now on Perth next week

Easy money
    How much easy money did you win last night?

Probably raging still that he's blown 5 trips to Thailand on a dead cert like us losing in Perth. Poor Member.