View Poll Results: Would you attend a Thursday night home game?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • No not interested at all

1 6.67%
  • Yes would definitely go

8 53.33%
  • Yes but would only go in School holiday period

3 20.00%
  • Couldn't care less (slobs)

3 20.00%

Thread: Thursday Nights

Thursday Nights

Been a couple of Thursday night games played so far this season, one in Melbourne and one in Gosford. Have seen nothing mentioned about whether these games were instigated ny the clubs or whether the FFA and Fox are just putting "feelers" out to guage the interest in Thursday nights, from both a crowd and ratings perspective because lets face it, the A-League is going to expand in the very near future and the broadcaster/s whether it is Fox or someone else is going to require more timeslots.
    One would have to be living under a rock to not have noticed that many in supporters in this region are peeved off at the increasingly lack of night matches (as has been well documented in other threads) at MJ Stadium for Jets home games and It would seem too that this is not going to change in the forseeable future either.
    Should the club then pursue the possibility of playing Thurday night games?
    I'm not suggesting anything overly drastic, just trialling a couple of games next season on a Thursday night. Ideally the best period for this would be from the Christmas period on right through to late January while kids are home on school holidays and also many people are off work too in that period.
    Discuss

I'd go because I was a member, but I think the overall turnout would be lower unless it were across the Christmas/New Year period, or school holidays.

Historically we have played at home on a Thursday night twice which will hardly be used to identify a trend - not to mention they were 10 and 5 years ago respecively.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

I'd go, my kids may not depending on kick off times and other commitments they have during the week.

During January and/or school holiday periods would be the only time that you would want them, but over summer holidays it would be worth trying one or two to see how much it really impacts on crowds.

They would be great for the Jets. save the fans waiting all weekend for the sunday arvo games where we play shit and lose
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

I'd go but not a good night for me because of work .... but 10pm kick off like in Spain would be great
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Interesting proposition.

I voted for Holiday periods only for a few reasons. Firstly, increased attendance. Secondly, having a Thursday night game every round would get old really fast. As an example, Thursday Night Football (NFL) has terrible ratings and the standard of play due to decreased time between matches is woeful. I fear the same thing would happen if the A-League were to adopt a Thursday night game (or any weekday aside fro Friday for that matter) as part of their regular schedule.

Slobs...

shouldnt have to be an option... the model is there ...

Night kickoff times all round.. Games played at the same time.

1 game highlighted Free to Air...

Rest watch on the fox various channels and 1 conference style channel...

Friday and Saturday night games... (start and end of season, cooler months throw in a sunday afternoon)
    Amigos Aarau

No chance. Get home too late on a school night.
    School holidays only option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

as long as the boss gives me Friday off no problem, but not a big fan of working weekday matches unless it's a Friday
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

bad football: not interested.
    good football: would give up free entry at the Castle at 11pm to head to the game instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Seems like I am WRONG

Yeah I'm a fan providing it isn't games against Sydney fc, mariners or wanderers. Can see them becoming alot more regular when the league expands.

However I would prefer them around December/January though. Not sure if 7:50pm is the best time to start them which is currently being used. Maybe only play them at 7:50pm in december & january & have them at either 7 or 7:30pm any other time.
    Quote Originally Posted by benfathers45 View Post
    Mangoes? You should try eating it first before you hate it. I'm sure after you have tasted it, you will love it.

so glad there's heaps of Sunday games. Makes it easier to stay away from the weekly massacre

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    aint that the truth

Sunday games **** up an entire weekend and start of the week - why bother turning up if the Jets don't?