Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finishing

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Nice work going round in circles

Your original point was about the benefits of practice and you basically said practice isn't that important as it doesn't replicate the pressure of a match situation

That is true it doesn't replicate the pressure of asthma match

Standing over a a 6ft putt on the practice green ain't the same as standing over a 6ft at Augusta with the Masters on the line

But the reason these blokes practice that 6ft putt is so they have a technique that stands up under pressure

Just as they hit thousands of balls at the range each week. So it stands up under pressure

Skills to execute under pressure are developed by practice

No other way
    Thanks again for reading my mind but as usual you are wrong. My original point was that the drill the team does in warm up where they shoot a lay off from the edge of the box at the youth team keeper isn't in any way a usual shooting practice that would be replicated in a game on a regular basis.

I've got no issue with it as a shooting drill and there are some guys that are pretty ordinary....I reckon some of the guys in my o35s could do better and I totally agree that repetition is the best way to learn a skill...I just don't think if a guy is shit at that drill he is necessarily a poor finisher.

Banned
    If the bloke who is shit at that drill is worse than his Jets teammates then judging by their incompetence at finding the net then it safe to say drill or not his finishing ability is pretty shit.

Most of our blokes couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Most of our blokes couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo
    I played out at Colo one year, on the grass farms, the opposition striker was through on goal and put the ball wide to left of the goals... His keeper was clearly heard yelling "smithy you useless git, you couldn't hit a barn door"
    In their next attack only moments later "smithy" hit a shot wider of the target, so far and high to the right it cleared the perimeter fence and hit the door of machinery shed of an ajoining farm... Then his keeper yelled "well smithy, you proved wrong"
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmac79 View Post
    I tend to agree with Gav.

Quote Originally Posted by GazFish35 View Post
    I played out at Colo one year, on the grass farms, the opposition striker was through on goal and put the ball wide to left of the goals... His keeper was clearly heard yelling "smithy you useless git, you couldn't hit a barn door"
    In their next attack only moments later "smithy" hit a shot wider of the target, so far and high to the right it cleared the perimeter fence and hit the door of machinery shed of an ajoining farm... Then his keeper yelled "well smithy, you proved wrong"

I've played at many rural grounds but not one had a barn next to it.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    What day were you at training?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Hey guys.

Our blokes would struggle to finish in a brothel!

Hey guys what's the opposite of 'a clinic'?

Just wondering.

Cheers,
    Plague.

Thread title change: "Finishing / Decision-making". Both are ****ed.