Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 11 | Newcastle Jets v Adelaide Utd | Fri 16 Dec 2016 7:50PM

Quote Originally Posted by Guerny View Post
    35% possession, just after coach jones comments on doing better with possession... ROFL!!!
    The 65% didn't help Adelaide much though. Way too slow in moving the ball and their transition into attack was piss poor at best.

Goals scored is still the only stat that matters and the Jets won that.

it was more a comment on jones awareness of the game...

That was shit. Left at 90 when Nabbout went off instead of Hoole. Don't even care that we missed the winner, at least we got out of the car park straight away!

Quote Originally Posted by halo se7en View Post
    That was shit. Left at 90 when Nabbout went off instead of Hoole. Don't even care that we missed the winner, at least we got out of the car park straight away!
    Nah mate you must be fuming. Watched 90 minutes of mostly crap to miss the most exciting injury time the Jets have played in years.

brutally rapes small, cute dogs parksey's Avatar
    Man Adelaide are woeful at the back. No wonder they're bottom of the table.

Nobby is a hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by snake View Post
    bridges made the world in 6-8 wks

he then rested by the corner flag and all was gud
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Stubbins
    Hopefully it’s the four players, but, if not, the three, and if not, the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maito Mitch View Post
    Do you ever get bored of sprouting the same old crap? You're about as predictable as the punishment on the field we sit through once a week

Banned
    #Plastic

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Man Adelaide are woeful at the back. No wonder they're bottom of the table.

Nobby is a hero.
    They need to be more active than anyone in the January window otherwise their season will be over before February. Their midfield seem to just point at each other rather than make tackles. Holland is absolutely woeful. he's not a box to box type player anymore. The space they were allowing Brown was ridiculous. Something is very wrong at Adelaide to the point where it looks like players simply don't care.

Hollandaise proved tonight why we shouldn't have moved for him. Seems half the player he was!

Whatever you say about the technical quality of the game, it's nice to see them playing with some belief amd having a go in the final minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by belchardo View Post
    Whatever you say about the technical quality of the game, it's nice to see them playing with some belief amd having a go in the final minutes.
    And for a referee decision to go in our favour. Nobs was a mile offside.

And for a referee decision to go in our favour. Nobs was a mile offside.
    Yes it was offside - but not a mile. It was touch and go on replay. I can understand why the Assistant didn't flag.

Any doubt and you should leave your flag down

Just quickly how many fouls/cards were there? Jets 'seemed' to be less aggressive, but played more football.

Maybe?

Smashed em. Did Adelaide even have a team on the park.

Coming back from being down is rare and a stoppage time winner is usually impossible. cool.

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    Just quickly how many fouls/cards were there? Jets 'seemed' to be less aggressive, but played more football.

Maybe?
    ref still made sure we got our quota of soft yellows though and none to the Barrel Boyz
    Life isn't the same without Con... but it can only improve without Tinks...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by turbojetfireV8 View Post
    ref still made sure we got our quota of soft yellows though and none to the Barrel Boyz
    I thought the ref was pretty average the other night favouring one side and it wasn't us

But the cards

Hoffman could easily have got red with a militant ref. Diving in the way he did.

As for Boogaard well one of the best professional fouls you would ever see.

Neither of them in the slightest bit undeserved

I can't even recall Adelaide doing anything to warrant a card

So on the balance of it he got it right.

Where he got it wrong was ignoring some fouls on us and playing on and pulling us up on fouls that he should have played on with.

Nobby offside pretty close, agree with Wolfman. A mile offside is the one that got missed in the EPL this week where I think a sunderland bloke was about 5 metres offside. What a way to win though.

Second half we were hanging on a lot and that is why the possession stats are what they are. But I thought the first half, even though possession stats were probably similar we looked far far better with the ball, the composure we had in playing out from tight situations multiple times was notably different from previous weeks. And as someone said, as soon as we found one incisive pass to a midfielder we looked like creating a chance every time. I tend to think that bit of confidence from the result last week and a few more people back available have made a huge difference.

Hoole copping too much stick I reckon, if a different player had that game you'd say a few different decisions or final moments of execution and he would be up there for motm. He did do a lot of good things.

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Nobby offside pretty close, agree with Wolfman. A mile offside is the one that got missed in the EPL this week where I think a sunderland bloke was about 5 metres offside. What a way to win though.

Second half we were hanging on a lot and that is why the possession stats are what they are. But I thought the first half, even though possession stats were probably similar we looked far far better with the ball, the composure we had in playing out from tight situations multiple times was notably different from previous weeks. And as someone said, as soon as we found one incisive pass to a midfielder we looked like creating a chance every time. I tend to think that bit of confidence from the result last week and a few more people back available have made a huge difference.

Hoole copping too much stick I reckon, if a different player had that game you'd say a few different decisions or final moments of execution and he would be up there for motm. He did do a lot of good things.
    Depends if said player had shown the same sort execution all season. Ultimately execution is what counts. If he struggles to hit the target, or struggles to put a good cross in (or any cross for that matter), then the build up play becomes a little bit pointless. He's scored 2 goals this season, neither of which had any conviction about them whatsoever, and the first would have been saved 99 times out of 100. If we're going to stay in the top 6, we need players like him scoring goals. We don't have a Fornaroli who can carry the goal scoring load. Hoole should be aiming for at least 8-10 a season if he wants to get above the level of average a-league player.

Hoole: i didn't see him contest a 50/50 even once, gave up on headers, waited for the bounce, lost his man and let them run at the backs over and over.
    I could forgive missing shots OR not defending... but missing shots AND not defending.

Their free kick was off the back of his lazy defending...