Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NF.Net Horse Racing King of The Hill

KOTH is a bit different for me - as i don't like backing things particularly early in the market unless i know the value is there from past runs. plus i'm behind - so i'm chasing, which as we all know is always a disaster.

real money punting wise, i subscribe to a ratings service who provide their best for the day on weekends, which i will then frame into my own market if sydney or melbourne, or trust their judgement in other cities. has played decently so far. i watch a fair whack of replays and do speedmap work from 2 sources, which to be honest, i've found only really pays off if you do it religiously, i.e. you can't just lob in on a friday night after a few cans and expect to know everything! my best runs have come when i put in upwards of 5-6 hours a week doing proper form work.

KOTH has been a very good experience actually, as it's great to see the way other people play things over the period and the returns on sticking solid. might go crunch some of the data out of it at the end and put it up. i.e. SPs, returns and profiles

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    And Skippy has done it with good consistent betting as well rather than relying on a long odds roughie to get him out in front.
    Ouch!

This is where I usually line up...

Quote Originally Posted by q-money View Post
    KOTH is a bit different for me - as i don't like backing things particularly early in the market unless i know the value is there from past runs. plus i'm behind - so i'm chasing, which as we all know is always a disaster.

real money punting wise, i subscribe to a ratings service who provide their best for the day on weekends, which i will then frame into my own market if sydney or melbourne, or trust their judgement in other cities. has played decently so far. i watch a fair whack of replays and do speedmap work from 2 sources, which to be honest, i've found only really pays off if you do it religiously, i.e. you can't just lob in on a friday night after a few cans and expect to know everything! my best runs have come when i put in upwards of 5-6 hours a week doing proper form work.

KOTH has been a very good experience actually, as it's great to see the way other people play things over the period and the returns on sticking solid. might go crunch some of the data out of it at the end and put it up. i.e. SPs, returns and profiles
    Holy crap Q - that's a lot of work. I spend no more than 5 mins a week doing my KOTH selections - although on last weeks results I might have to stretch to 10mins

you can see why i'm going so poorly, because i'm not doing it enough

for the most part since last spring carnival, i make my punting bank through the week betting on exactas and duets at Happy Valley, which i then donate back to the good people at the TAB on Saturday, then make it back on Sunday at Sha Tin, then give it to my wife
    Last edited by q-money; 24-03-2017 at 04:23 PM.

To be honest I spend about 5 minutes max on form guide for KOTH, I'm not a big punter or an often punter I just love watching the horses going around.

I am a big fan of the saying paralysis by over analysis saying, a lot of the time the best horses and best suited do the best which is kind of how I bet in real life usually the roughies are roughies for a good reason unless the market has missed something.

Generally I only bet on 3-5 races a week if that, and mainly in Sydney as there is just too many horses and formlines to follow throughout Australia unless you are getting serious, I watch the racing rant boys on Fridays and the review show on Mondays, get speedmaps in Sydney and thats about it.

WolfMan

Rosehill R5: 7 : Wine Bush : PLACE : 20
    Rosehill R6: 6 : Humidor : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R7: 4 : Dawn Wall : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R8: 9 : Extensible : WIN : 20
    Mornington R7: 5 : Annus Mirabilis : PLACE : 20

The Dunster.

Rosehill R5: 2 : Jon Snow : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R6: 5 : Libran : WIN: 20
    Rosehill R7: 6: SMART AS YOU THINK : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R8: 3 : Zanbagh: WIN : 20
    Mornington R7: 3 : The Gold Trail : WIN : 20
    Last edited by The Dunster; 24-03-2017 at 10:38 PM.

Rosehill R5: 12 : Hollywood Mo : Win : 20
    Rosehill R6: 2 : Exospheric : Win : 20
    Rosehill R7: 4 : Dawn Wall : Win : 20
    Rosehill R8: 8 : Happy Hannah : Win : 20
    Mornington R7: 8 : Dark Eyes : Win : 20

Skip

Rosehill R5: 2 : Jon snow : WIN : 10
    Rosehill R6: 7 : tavago : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R7: 4 : Dawn wall : WIN : 20
    Rosehill R8: 8 : Happy hannah : PLACE : 20
    Mornington R7: 3 : the gold trail : WIN : 30

The dunster fights back big time wowee

How disappointing was the Gold Trail ? He's either had a shocker or they want to slowly qualify him for the Caulfield Cup without the handicapper hitting him with a big weight perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    How disappointing was the Gold Trail ? He's either had a shocker or they want to slowly qualify him for the Caulfield Cup without the handicapper hitting him with a big weight perhaps ?
    Fell after the line too had to be put down, might have been hurt mid-race?

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Fell after the line too had to be put down, might have been hurt mid-race?
    Damn. I did not realise. Very sad.

some bloke had a 40K stab on him at the shorts as well #pray4goldtrail and #pray4thatbloke

https://www.dropbox.com/s/u2wouph1wn...02017.pdf?dl=0

races to be up at 12 - fixed zanbagh for dunster
    Last edited by q-money; 31-03-2017 at 11:59 AM.

As much as I don't want to say this you missed Zanbaghs win on Dunsters tips.

lol whoops will fix now