Page 43 of 52 FirstFirst ... 334142434445 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    I hope this is a joke. Otherwise you can .............. yourself SB.
    The actual challenge and the type of challenge it was. Happens all the time throughout a game with the worst that happens is the player slides along the ground arms up in the air as play goes on.

It's shit that Gomes suffered a broken leg.

Perspective. Lets get rid of fullbacks grabbing a shirt of a winger or fast midfielder charging through the middle on the counter. There is so much in this game that goes on that we all let slide because nobody gets hurt.

But when somebody does oh shit. He needs to be banned for life. It's bad for the game. Shows the wrong image.

We are all guilty of doing something dodgy on the pitch as players.

Want it to stop? Zero tolerance for infractions.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    The actual challenge and the type of challenge it was. Happens all the time throughout a game with the worst that happens is the player slides along the ground arms up in the air as play goes on.

It's shit that Gomes suffered a broken leg.

Perspective. Lets get rid of fullbacks grabbing a shirt of a winger or fast midfielder charging through the middle on the counter. There is so much in this game that goes on that we all let slide because nobody gets hurt.

But when somebody does oh shit. He needs to be banned for life. It's bad for the game. Shows the wrong image.

We are all guilty of doing something dodgy on the pitch as players.

Want it to stop? Zero tolerance for infractions.

Last edited by plague; 04-11-2019 at 10:40 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    BUT HER EMAILS

My point exactly.

The thing I find the funniest is SB's reaction mere weeks ago when Lloris injured himself, versus the reaction now when Son's challenge broke Gomes' leg.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    The thing I find the funniest is SB's reaction mere weeks ago when Lloris injured himself, versus the reaction now when Son's challenge broke Gomes' leg.
    I'm calling out how people are hypocrites. Look at the challenge from close up and front on. It's a fairly innocuous challenge. Similar challenges will take place countless times during a game. Yet we don't call for those players to be kicked out of the game let alone the referees actually doing anything because a player never got injured.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I'm calling out how people are hypocrites.
    Same
    OK

I hate to agree with Skirty, but I agree with Skirty. Didn’t look like a particularly dirty tackle to me either.

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    I hate to agree with Skirty, but I agree with Skirty. Didn’t look like a particularly dirty tackle to me either.
    I mean, he came flying towards Gomes, after reacting to an accidental hand to the face, and dives in to Gomes legs from behind with little to no chance of winning the ball. At best that is a bad tackle, at worst it's a season ending injury to someone and a suspension.

You don't have to be a bad guy to commit a bad tackle. And you don't have to have your studs showing or intentionally try to hurt someone to end someone's season. It was a bad tackle and should be treated like one.

The worst part for me is all the spuds on Reddit crying that Son is the real victim here for having to feel bad about the tackle.

If that happened to a Spuds player Skirtboy would be on here crying his eyes out at the injustice of it all. I would be doing the same if it was one of my teams players.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Side note.

Again Spurs got away with a potential VAR call with a handball by Alli in the box, and again they think that anything they do is perfect and everyone else has it wrong.

They are lucky to not be in the relegation spots right now, with all the calls they've gotten this year. At least Liverpool use their bias to stay top of the league....
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

You don't have to be a bad guy to commit a bad tackle. And you don't have to have your studs showing or intentionally try to hurt someone to end someone's season. It was a bad tackle and should be treated like one.

Which is what I've been saying. Treat every infraction as exactly that. An infraction.

Son's tackle was a yellow every day of the week. Only upgraded due to the injury. Anyone can be injured in any tackle, I don't see the point in changing the severity of the punishment due to something subject to a massive amount of chance.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Son's tackle was a yellow every day of the week. Only upgraded due to the injury. Anyone can be injured in any tackle, I don't see the point in changing the severity of the punishment due to something subject to a massive amount of chance.
    because consequences have actions?
    if Son didnt make the tackle, Gomes has a much much much lower % chance of breaking his leg.
    So Son contributed significantly to someone sustaining a long term, career threatening injury. Jeopardising his earning capacity, his future wellbeing and career prospects.

Yeah sure, no one should be accountable for that.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

What's the difference between a yellow card tackle and a red card tackle?

if Son didnt make the tackle, Gomes has a much much much lower % chance of breaking his leg.
    So Son contributed significantly to someone sustaining a long term, career threatening injury. Jeopardising his earning capacity, his future wellbeing and career prospects.

There are way worse tackles that result in no injuries at all that get yellows or only result in fouls. We're not whinging about them though?
    I honestly think it's terrible what happened to Gomes and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but 999/1000 that same tackle would get a booking, a free kick and no one would get injured and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

I don't remember Sh!tbag McKay getting a red for when he broke Vargas?? In fact, I'm pretty sure the ref gave it against Ronny? haha

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    I don't remember Sh!tbag McKay getting a red for when he broke Vargas?? In fact, I'm pretty sure the ref gave it against Ronny? haha
    so the ref determined that Vargas was at fault for his own injury.
    not sure which part y'all are missing here.
    Seems like I am WRONG

There are way worse tackles that result in no injuries at all that get yellows or only result in fouls. We're not whinging about them though?
    I honestly think it's terrible what happened to Gomes and I wouldn't wish it on anyone, but 999/1000 that same tackle would get a booking, a free kick and no one would get injured and we wouldn't be discussing this at all.

ok, go shoot a gun out in the open 1000 times.
    999 you miss, and cops ping you for reckless endangerment.
    the one time you hit someone, you get manslaughter.

same action, different consequences.

its how shit works.
    Seems like I am WRONG

What's the difference between a yellow card tackle and a red card tackle?
    Reckless vs Excessive force would be the easiest determination on this one IMO.
    Excessive force is subjective though, to give a straight red you should be confident that the player getting the red was deliberately trying to injure the attacker in the tackle.

ok, go shoot a gun out in the open 1000 times.
    999 you miss, and cops ping you for reckless endangerment.
    the one time you hit someone, you get manslaughter.

same action, different consequences.

its how shit works.
    Great analogy that has zero to do with anything... The rules of sports in general and expectations of every day behavior are be different.

The only thing that matters in this are the rules of football. Son can only have been sent off for serious foul play. To get a red he has to use excessive force or endanger the attacker in the tackle.

The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes, the speed the attacker was at and the approach of Aurier at an inopportune time were where the danger came from.

It was a reckless tackle every day of the week.

Reckless vs Excessive force would be the easiest determination on this one IMO.
    Excessive force is subjective though, to give a straight red you should be confident that the player getting the red was deliberately trying to injure the attacker in the tackle.
    emphasis mine, but i dont think intent matters at all any more.

for some reason i think we all had this chat on a different thread a while back and some nerdy nerd posted the official rule about intent.
    Seems like I am WRONG