Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

has Pep ever won the Europa League?
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    How crucial is that penalty VAR gave Liverpool in the Lester game because Mane took a dive??

1 point more to Lester and 2 less to Scousers and this title race be right open

How crucial is that penalty VAR gave Liverpool in the Lester game because Mane took a dive??

1 point more to Lester and 2 less to Scousers and this title race be right open
    And the other 4 points Liverpool were given incorrectly by VAR?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Now I thought VAR was meant to stop such talk.

I think Liverpool will be changing the motto from Y.N.W.A to Y.A.W.N.

You’d think Liverpool were the only team that VAR was in use for.

was thinking about it today, has there ever been a better 2 pieces of business for all parties involved, than Liverpool selling Sterling and Suarez.
    Both players commanded heaps of money for Liverpool, which they then went on to invest in a winning squad. but both players actually got better at their new clubs and led them to success as well.
    its the ultimate win win situation.

also, Lesters recruiting staff should be the subject of massive offers from rival clubs. time after time they have nailed their targets. amazing job.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Son reminds me of my younger days tearing it up for Charlestown Hotspurs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjJyA19URHY

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    was thinking about it today, has there ever been a better 2 pieces of business for all parties involved, than Liverpool selling Sterling and Suarez.
    Both players commanded heaps of money for Liverpool, which they then went on to invest in a winning squad. but both players actually got better at their new clubs and led them to success as well.
    its the ultimate win win situation.

also, Lesters recruiting staff should be the subject of massive offers from rival clubs. time after time they have nailed their targets. amazing job.
    If anything the business Liverpool did to sell Torres when they did was better. He had a leg injury before the 2010 WC and was never the same player after that.

Liverpool sold at the top of the market

They then proceeded to trade that money for Suarez which was a steal and Andy Carroll which is a WTF are you thinking thing

They then proceeded to trade that money for Suarez which was a steal and Andy Carroll which is a WTF are you thinking thing
    except if you read it properly it looks like they wanted Andy Carroll and 'got' Suarez as a backup.
    They benefited by good luck there not good management.

also, Torres didnt represent good value for Chelsea........which was the whole point of my post. try reading them every now and then.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    except if you read it properly it looks like they wanted Andy Carroll and 'got' Suarez as a backup.
    They benefited by good luck there not good management.

also, Torres didnt represent good value for Chelsea........which was the whole point of my post. try reading them every now and then.
    Try reading mine

I am claiming the selling of Torres when Liverpool did is a better piece of business than the Suarez and Sterling deals you are claiming are great business

Try reading mine

I am claiming the selling of Torres when Liverpool did is a better piece of business than the Suarez and Sterling deals you are claiming are great business
    only you can misread a question, get called out on it then pretend you weren't answering my original question anyway even though you quoted my question in your answer.

only you.

its a gift, and its art.

i applaud you.
    Seems like I am WRONG

only you can misread a question, get called out on it then pretend you weren't answering my original question anyway even though you quoted my question in your answer.

only you.

its a gift, and its art.

i applaud you.
    Sometimes I type out replies, only to delete them because why bother trying to reason.
    Thanks for being bothered.

Id argue that Coutinho was also a great piece of business, but I read you post, and understand the flip side was his performances for Barca which were not that great, therefore redundant.

Dear Liverpool people:
    Was Brendan Rodgers liked by the players when he was there? because the knock on him was he was a bit of a weirdo, but the Lester team is humming. His teams have always played attacking football, so is he a good manager?

also, not sure who signed them but totally rebuilding that squad bringing in the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, and Iheanacho in over the course of what, 2 seasons for just over 80 million net spend (a.k.a One Harry Maguire) and an academy talent like Chilwell. thats some insane recruiting.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Dear Liverpool people:
    Was Brendan Rodgers liked by the players when he was there? because the knock on him was he was a bit of a weirdo, but the Lester team is humming. His teams have always played attacking football, so is he a good manager?

also, not sure who signed them but totally rebuilding that squad bringing in the likes of Maddison, Ndidi, and Iheanacho in over the course of what, 2 seasons for just over 80 million net spend (a.k.a One Harry Maguire) and an academy talent like Chilwell. thats some insane recruiting.
    You do realise the last time they beat an in form team was late October versus Burnley who are still only a mid table side? They are about to play Norwich, City, Liverpool, Hammers and then Newcastle. I'll be impressed if they get more than 6 points from those games.

Maddison was a 25 million championship transfer... Thats huge money for a player from the 2nd division and I don't think anyone else was in for him at that money at the time. Good buy tho.

Ndidi was a great buy from Genk, he fits the mould of the same midfielder that Leicester have been buying for almost 5 years now. Kante, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy. They went away from that mould with Iborra and Silva and it didn't work.

Iheanacho was a City youth who couldn't get games, and he is only just now starting to perform with Rodgers at the helm. But 30 million for a 20 year old player who never really played for City was too much, especially considering how long it's taken him to even get into the team. He's only scored 2 goals remember.

Johnny Evans is the reason they are where they are. Coyuncu would be a liabilty beside anyone else with his over-confidence but Evans communicates so well that they are solid back there. Then just get it forward quickly and Vardy will knock them in. No Vardy and Evans and this squad would be in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    You do realise the last time they beat an in form team was late October versus Burnley who are still only a mid table side? They are about to play Norwich, City, Liverpool, Hammers and then Newcastle. I'll be impressed if they get more than 6 points from those games.

Maddison was a 25 million championship transfer... Thats huge money for a player from the 2nd division and I don't think anyone else was in for him at that money at the time. Good buy tho.

Ndidi was a great buy from Genk, he fits the mould of the same midfielder that Leicester have been buying for almost 5 years now. Kante, Amartey, Ndidi, Mendy. They went away from that mould with Iborra and Silva and it didn't work.

Iheanacho was a City youth who couldn't get games, and he is only just now starting to perform with Rodgers at the helm. But 30 million for a 20 year old player who never really played for City was too much, especially considering how long it's taken him to even get into the team. He's only scored 2 goals remember.

Johnny Evans is the reason they are where they are. Coyuncu would be a liabilty beside anyone else with his over-confidence but Evans communicates so well that they are solid back there. Then just get it forward quickly and Vardy will knock them in. No Vardy and Evans and this squad would be in trouble.
    theres only one 'form' team in the Prem and thats Liverpool. Lester copped a dubious 90th min pen to lose against them.
    Lester are beating the teams they need to beat, which you can only say about 1 other club at the moment.

Maddison is a good example of my point. You described him as a 25m Championship player, the Lester management saw him as a 25m #10 on a top 4 side.
    Every team in the comp wishes they had a #10 who only cost 25m and their team was top 4.
    the others are also as you described them, but its the lack of duds that stand out. Heck, the balls to turn Harry Maguire around for such a profit and not skip a beat should be applauded. Especially when, as you said, they stuck Evans in there and hes been fantastic. I think as of last weekend they had the best defence of any side in all top tiers of English football.

all clubs have good signings, all clubs have bad signings. but id put Lesters strike rate up there with anyone as an example of great management.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Bloody West Ham, Play Rubbish all season then turn into Barce when they play us then back to shit
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Bloody West Ham, Play Rubbish all season then turn into Barce when they play us then back to shit
    Don't forget Everton either.

Don't forget Everton either.
    Everton are usually decent each season
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Everton are usually decent each season
    Still shouldn't be getting anywhere near your lot though.

Still shouldn't be getting anywhere near your lot though.
    Disagree even the top teams have off days, West Ham is just annoying

love at first sight