Page 44 of 52 FirstFirst ... 344243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon View Post
    Great analogy
    Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Reckless vs Excessive force would be the easiest determination on this one IMO.
    Excessive force is subjective though, to give a straight red you should be confident that the player getting the red was deliberately trying to injure the attacker in the tackle.
    How do you define excessive? Cause that Son tackle was excessive in my view. He didn't win the ball and dove in from behind straight at his ankles.
    That tackle had more chance of injury than actually winning the ball. Check out how poor Son didn't mean to hurt him in the picture below. And take into account that he had just chased him down angrily after not getting a freekick 20 seconds earlier.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...SQp2BWGiqC1Kpx

(Couldn't work out how to Embed on mobile and not worried enough to try to)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes
    Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years. I'm pretty sure you get a shirt sent in the mail, just talk to Furns.

The tackle that broke his ankle wasn't of any danger to the guy who had his ankle broken in said tackle.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

What about bicycle kicks - they are cool and highlight reel worthy, until there happens to be a person near the receiving end of the foot. There is a football rule book but all refs must use context and situational awareness to enforce the rules. You would not be human if you didn't at least consider effects of a challenge in your adjudication of it.

Cheers Son's crying.
    OK

The tackle in itself did not endanger Gomes, the speed the attacker was at and the approach of Aurier at an inopportune time were where the danger came from.

me right now after reading that hot take.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years. I'm pretty sure you get a shirt sent in the mail, just talk to Furns.

The tackle that broke his ankle wasn't of any danger to the guy who had his ankle broken in said tackle.
    Wry opening your other eye so you're looking through both for a change. We were talking about the tackle, not what happened after the tackle.

Wry opening your other eye so you're looking through both for a change. We were talking about the tackle, not what happened after the tackle.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Try bringing some facts to this discussion then. The tackle was excessive and broke his ankle. He didn't break it after the tackle. Aurier wasn't the cause, the ball didn't wrap around his ankle and break it. Son did.

And he'll be suspended for his actions, exactly as he or anyone else deserves to be.

I actually played before red and yellow cards existed. You could still get a warning and you could still get sent off but it was more environmentally friendly given trees weren't being chopped down to make the cards.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    I actually played before red and yellow cards existed. You could still get a warning and you could still get sent off but it was more environmentally friendly given trees weren't being chopped down to make the cards.
    but didnt you kick a goats head around? the ball hadnt been invented back then yeah?
    Seems like I am WRONG

Banned
    If anything we should be asking why Son wasted that tackle on someone other than Harry Kane

Banned
    Here lies the dumbest comment on this forum for many many years.
    So I need to up my game is that right ??

So I need to up my game is that right ??
    I have 100% faith in you regaining your crown very soon. At least we've been giving you some competition lately.

im still shocked Harry kane hasn't claimed it was him that broke Gomes' leg.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Try bringing some facts to this discussion then. The tackle was excessive and broke his ankle. He didn't break it after the tackle. Aurier wasn't the cause, the ball didn't wrap around his ankle and break it. Son did.

And he'll be suspended for his actions, exactly as he or anyone else deserves to be.
    Did the contact from Son break the ankle? No. Did it put him off balance causing another collision and then the injury? yes

Can I watch it again? no way

I have 100% faith in you regaining your crown very soon. At least we've been giving you some competition lately.
    You've been giving him competition big time

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    You've been giving him competition big time
    Congratulations, you played yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post
    Ah yes, same here. A ref had a book and told you verbally (fancy that!) that you were either "booked" or sent off. The card system was brought in for the 1974 World Cup to compensate the language barrier.

Like names on shirts, third kits, backpass rules and VAR FIFA decided let's do it for everyone and make the ref the centre of attention.

Future players will no doubt have Apple watches or similar telling them when they are sent off.

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    OK boomers

Quote Originally Posted by Jim View Post
    Did the contact from Son break the ankle? No. Did it put him off balance causing another collision and then the injury? yes

Can I watch it again? no way
    Watched it again tonight and saw some photos before the break.
    After Son knocks him off his feet, Aurier plants his foot on Gomes’ right foot. All this happening at pace causes Gomes right ankle to dislocate and break.

Link to Image of Auriers’ contact (not graphic)
    Facebook link

Admittedly I remembered the timing differently. Son was miles off the ball and trips Gomes, however he was coming much more side on than I thought as well.

Ref had the yellow in his hand and was writing him up for it until he saw the injury.

Sticking by my initial assessment. It’s a reckless challenge, still not serious foul play.
    Last edited by Aegon; 05-11-2019 at 09:46 PM.