Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1030

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post

How anyone can have any serious interest in a side 12000 miles from home defies logic to me
    I'll give you my answer.

I played for Charlestown Hotspurs and have supported Tottenham since I was a kid. Partly because of this my old man who is a Arsenal man 1st, Tottenham guy 2nd used to give me all the news about Tottenham and Tottenham in the mid to late 80's were very much a laughing stock.

My grandfather was Tottenham through and through as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Skirt Boy View Post
    I'll give you my answer.

I played for Charlestown Hotspurs and have supported Tottenham since I was a kid. Partly because of this my old man who is a Arsenal man 1st, Tottenham guy 2nd used to give me all the news about Tottenham and Tottenham in the mid to late 80's were very much a laughing stock.

My grandfather was Tottenham through and through as well.
    Awesome story! That's really cool.

But your don't have to justify or explain who you support to anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Awesome story! That's really cool.

But your don't have to justify or explain who you support to anyone.
    Haha I know. But it's member so it probably goes in one ear out the other anyways.

It's amusing. Old mate in the morning is always "Your Spurs lost again".........

But when they win it's always "Tottenham won" He doesn't buy into sports rivalry though as much as I. Hell he played for both Cardiffs.

Having their club bought by a wealthy tyrant accused of complicity in human rights abuses, torture, illegal air-strikes and murder would leave Newcastle fans with a dilemma to ponder.

Specifically: "Who should we buy first?"

https://twitter.com/bglendenning/sta...784329217?s=21

космонавт-исследователь boz-monaut's Avatar
    '...when the Newcastle Evening Chronicle staged an online poll on Saturday evening, asking the club’s supporters whether they would object to to the mooted takeover on the grounds of Saudi’s questionable human rights record, the response was an overwhelming “no”. Tellingly 80% of the 5,766 fans polled were in favour of the takeover.'

fans can be pretty disgusting human beings when offered cash and success

Quote Originally Posted by boz-monaut View Post
    '...when the Newcastle Evening Chronicle staged an online poll on Saturday evening, asking the club’s supporters whether they would object to to the mooted takeover on the grounds of Saudi’s questionable human rights record, the response was an overwhelming “no”. Tellingly 80% of the 5,766 fans polled were in favour of the takeover.'

Yeah, people do kind of suck sometimes.

Newcastle doesn't need a Saudi takeover to get back to the top. They are still a huge club, huge fan base and have some good players already. A fairly standard owner, who isn't Ashley, could be enough to get them back to a constant top 10 side easily. 3 or 4 good signings and they could be the next Wolves and be in and out of Europa.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Yeah, people do kind of suck sometimes.

Newcastle doesn't need a Saudi takeover to get back to the top. They are still a huge club, huge fan base and have some good players already. A fairly standard owner, who isn't Ashley, could be enough to get them back to a constant top 10 side easily. 3 or 4 good signings and they could be the next Wolves and be in and out of Europa.
    I'd argue they have a terrible squad this year but Bruce is working wonders and the rest of the league keeps dropping points

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    I'd argue they have a terrible squad this year but Bruce is working wonders and the rest of the league keeps dropping points
    They have plenty of quality in midfield and defence.

Schar, Lascelles could play for a top 4 side. Clark and Fernandez are quality backups and could start at other bottom 10 sides. Jetro Willems is quality and Manquilo has been solid enough for a bottom half side.

Hayden, Shelvey have legs and can tackle as well as anyone. Longstaff looks like he'd move to a top 10 side if they got relegated. Bentalab has also been awesome since he left Spurs.

Up front they need more from what they have tho. Almiron has big potential, Joelinton was great in Germany last year but needs time to acclimatise. Saint Maximim could be great or could be a flop.

They have had about 10 players injured each week and are still not in the relegation zone. They just need to get players fit and then get rid of Carroll and Gayle and spend that on Giroud or Mertens or Chuopo-Mouting. Guarantee a few goals and then defend leads for now.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Bruce is doing an amazing job of getting them up for it each week tho. The amount of injuries they have had would kill a lesser team.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Bruce is doing an amazing job of getting them up for it each week tho. The amount of injuries they have had would kill a lesser team.
    He's good at that

As a Newcastle fan I don’t fall into the “our squad is garbage” excuse that is always rolled out. We have some decent players but the disconnect between the fans and Ashley is beyond toxic. There’ll be no harmony or at least content until he sells.

Newcastle need someone to invest in the training facilities, the youth squads, etc as there has been no money spent in the back of house since he bought the club.

Bruce has exceeded expectations but we’re still not in the clear yet.

I wonder what the statistic would have been if it wasn’t a vote of Ashley vs Saudi’s.

to be fair to Ashley, his human rights record, while certainly not perfect, isn't as bad as the Saudis

he stopped beheadings ages ago, give him a little bit of credit

to be fair to Ashley, his human rights record, while certainly not perfect, isn't as bad as the Saudis

he stopped beheadings ages ago, give him a little bit of credit
    He only slashes prices on last year's footwear... Not journalists heads!

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tantly-winning

quite a good article about City

they dont have their own thread so I posted it here

https://www.theguardian.com/football...tantly-winning

quite a good article about City

they dont have their own thread so I posted it here
    So City's money is bad, yet Chelsea's money isn't? Their owner stole his wealth and then sold out other billionaires to get himself deep in with Putin, which led to deaths and imprisonment for Romans oligarch rivals? Real Madrid were bankrolled by a dodgy king and then joined with Barca, also funded by the middle east, to strangle control of La Liga to stifle any other team earning money from the TV deal for over a decade? Juventus were and still are funded by the Italian mafia and were not only caught buying the league/refs, but they also have a lot of the same people working for the club today?

That's not aimed at you directly Boz, but City aren't any worse than the other money clubs. If they get punished, so should the other clubs who bought titles and filter their dodgy money into the club.

did you read the article?

dirty money is dirty money, whether it's City, Chelsea or Newcastle

Madrid were Franco's team, we should never forget that

no one is saying City are worse, in fact City seem to have spent their dirty money in much better ways than most other clubs

but that's tangential to the topic we'd be discussing if you'd actually read the article

no one is saying City are worse, in fact City seem to have spent their dirty money in much better ways than most other clubs

but that's tangential to the topic we'd be discussing if you'd actually read the article
    He wouldnt say nothing if Usmanov the guy on Arsenal's board with more money then Roman was in charge and spending big to ensure Arsenal return to being a big club
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

He wouldnt say nothing if Usmanov the guy on Arsenal's board with more money then Roman was in charge and spending big to ensure Arsenal return to being a big club
    Usmanov was dirty, he wanted to buy us outright for years but the board never even let it go to a vote. Arsenal aren't the poster boys for how to run a club at all. We were the ones who started the FFP crap in order to keep the old order of United, us and Liverpool at the top and block Chelsea and the like from just buying trophies. It took a decade to make them work, too late to stop Chelsea, and even then they were still both ineffective and dodgy in their implementation.

I read the article, it just seemed like a muffled whinge about City's money as the reason why their fans aren't as thankful as other clubs when they win trophies. The journalist seemed touchy about claims that City aren't given a fair representation by the media.