Page 14 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    You were in the top 4-5 spending clubs FFS

You went crazy spending when Roman came in but you were more than throwing it around under Bates and Harding

I don't know what fairytale book you reading from but those guys I mentioned Vialli Zola Hasselbaink Desailly didn't leave their successful clubs to hang out in West London for the ambience

It was cold hard cash and lots of it that got them there
    I do not know about the others but Vialli did not move for money.

I, for one, think Conte is going to get sacked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    Mourinho
    Ranieri
    Conte

2 from 3 so far

Guardiola next year ??

Despite how they going right now does it really matter ??

Man City have blown the league away already

Man U and Liverpool at this time of year where they at points wise would be right in contention for the league.

But they playing for 2nd and we just hit February

Chelsea only need to do well in the UCL and finish high enough up the league they qualify for UCL next season

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Despite how they going right now does it really matter ??
    Exactly. When Chelsea consider moving on Conte, they have to ask themselves watford?
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Exactly. When Chelsea consider moving on Conte, they have to ask themselves watford?
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

Sadly he isnt doing himself any favours. Playing same system every week and certain players keep being picked and not performing
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    A good pun, but I'm disappointed you didn't provide the same response to my "for one" reference in the above post.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    Sadly he isnt doing himself any favours. Playing same system every week and certain players keep being picked and not performing
    Publicly coming out and criticising the Chelsea board is the quickest way to getting a lovely payout and heading back to Italy for another job.

Publicly coming out and criticising the Chelsea board is the quickest way to getting a lovely payout and heading back to Italy for another job.
    No argument there. The board are useless at transfers but Conte shoudlve known this before he took the job. oh wells At least he won us another League Title.
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

No argument there. The board are useless at transfers but Conte shoudlve known this before he took the job. oh wells At least he won us another League Title.
    The board aren't useless. They have been told to start balancing the books. Roman has now decided to turn it into a business (not too dissimilar to another club from london), the new policy is to buy youth and sell them for a profit. It has been for a long time but now they have now decided to balance the other side of the ledger.

As long as he wins a trophy every other year and can start making the club run itself without his backing he will be happy.
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

The board aren't useless. They have been told to start balancing the books. Roman has now decided to turn it into a business (not too dissimilar to another club from london), the new policy is to buy youth and sell them for a profit. It has been for a long time but now they have now decided to balance the other side of the ledger.

As long as he wins a trophy every other year and can start making the club run itself without his backing he will be happy.
    Yes they are. Im not gonna get into it but long story short they take way too long to get our tranfers done and often go for players because they like them not because the manager needs or wants them.

Roman is going through another divorce which is also costing him big bucks

Also we sack managers after 6 months of turmoil to stop it getting worse you've kept Wenger for longer you havent really progressed in 10 years lol

Also we sack managers after 6 months of turmoil to stop it getting worse you've kept Wenger for longer you havent really progressed in 10 years lol
    Chelsea haven't beaten Arsenal for over 12 months so don't sit too proud on your high horse Stanny.

Everyone takes their time on transfers except for teams using the scatter gun approach or those that don't have any clue how much money they have in the bank. (See: Everton for the first one and Citeh for the 2nd one.) I just think the board has been given new orders and Conte has been stuck without a deep enough squad for his liking. Also, a lot of teams now buy players without the managers approval. Actually most teams do to some degree, even we have started doing it now.

If the cash has dried up from your Russian Oligarch overlord it will be interesting to know how many more Chelsea fans dye their shirts a little lighter and move on to the next one.

Chelsea haven't beaten Arsenal for over 12 months so don't sit too proud on your high horse Stanny.

Everyone takes their time on transfers except for teams using the scatter gun approach or those that don't have any clue how much money they have in the bank. (See: Everton for the first one and Citeh for the 2nd one.) I just think the board has been given new orders and Conte has been stuck without a deep enough squad for his liking. Also, a lot of teams now buy players without the managers approval. Actually most teams do to some degree, even we have started doing it now.

If the cash has dried up from your Russian Oligarch overlord it will be interesting to know how many more Chelsea fans dye their shirts a little lighter and move on to the next one.
    The norm in European football is that the managers have little to do with transfers - they find it strange that the coaches are called managers in England, as they are not used to their coaches "managing" the club - they simply run the team they are given.

What? are you serious...Citeh don't know how much money they have in the bank? They know exactly how much money they have. You will find a lot of teams, the bigger clubs have to be careful how much they spend because of the FFP rules.

Quote Originally Posted by De-Champ View Post
    What? are you serious...Citeh don't know how much money they have in the bank? They know exactly how much money they have. You will find a lot of teams, the bigger clubs have to be careful how much they spend because of the FFP rules.
    Fair Play rules have been proven to be a lie. Nothing is enforced, it's just a show by FIFA to look like they give a crap. Even Wenger who was the staunchest supporter of FFP has said he's given up on it.
    There are loopholes that will never be closed. All they mean is that FIFA get to dictate which teams can grow as quickly as the citehs and PSGs.

Fair Play rules have been proven to be a lie. Nothing is enforced, it's just a show by FIFA to look like they give a crap. Even Wenger who was the staunchest supporter of FFP has said he's given up on it.
    There are loopholes that will never be closed. All they mean is that FIFA get to dictate which teams can grow as quickly as the citehs and PSGs.
    Citeh and Psg have massive marketing and commerical revenue which allows them to spend big on players

love at first sight

Tell that to Inter, Roma, Real Madrid & Barcellona

Banned
    PSG ain't buying Neymar based on income level without cooking the books as the reality is they dont have the fans and business profile the likes Real and Man U have in all 4 corners of the globe

Man City outside of Manchester had no fans 15 years ago. Even now they still really don't

Exactly where they getting their finances up to the level to purchase what they do when Man U and Real who have got the merchandising thing down pay can't quite spend the levels that the PSGs and Man City do??

There no way in the world the Financial Fair Play is working.

Because when it does it benefits the likes of Man U and Real etc the most

Plus most of the sanctions issued have been window dressing by banning them from the transfer window for 1-2 Windows whilst still alloweing them to stock up before hand before the ban comes into effect

Not exactly a punishment

I don't think any of those teams have fallen foul of FFP.

Barca and Real definitely not. They signed under age players, same as athletico.

FFP was used to stop Russian teams buying all the best players from Man United, Barca and Real Madrid about 5 years ago.

Now that it's China doing it there no point worrying about FFP. They aren't in the CL so it doesn't really hurt them.