Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    United can't finish 4th anymore haha
    What are your feelings on Sarri, Stanny? His journey this season has been up and down but with Champions League secured, a great chance to reach the Europa League final - are Chelsea fans happy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    What are your feelings on Sarri, Stanny? His journey this season has been up and down but with Champions League secured, a great chance to reach the Europa League final - are Chelsea fans happy?
    Im still torn, His style is cool but we dont have the players for it. but no matter what happens a player cleanout is needed. Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    love at first sight

Im still torn, His style is cool but we dont have the players for it. but no matter what happens a player cleanout is needed. Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.
    OK, I'm trying to have a sensible football discussion without pissy troll shots. If you can't engage in discussion without doing that, fine.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Bloody hell Stanny, you aren't helping yourself mate..

Continuing on Jeterpool's serious thoughts, I was reading this morning about Cahill saying he has very little respect for Sarri, in the sense that he hasn't been talked to or told anything in regards to why he isn't getting a run..

Quote Originally Posted by Bon View Post
    Bloody hell Stanny, you aren't helping yourself mate..

Continuing on Jeterpool's serious thoughts, I was reading this morning about Cahill saying he has very little respect for Sarri, in the sense that he hasn't been talked to or told anything in regards to why he isn't getting a run..
    It's unclear when that interview was given
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

OK, I'm trying to have a sensible football discussion without pissy troll shots. If you can't engage in discussion without doing that, fine.
    Its not a troll, Weve been absolutely rubbish at times, Hell we lost 4-0 away to Bournemouth but yet we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league. Its a nice consolation thought, But I think Hazard is gone so

love at first sight

Its not a troll, Weve been absolutely rubbish at times, Hell we lost 4-0 away to Bournemouth but yet we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league. Its a nice consolation thought, But I think Hazard is gone so
    OK, let me provide a suggestion. Instead of saying
    "Still nice to know we can be shit and can still potentially win more trophies then spurs and your lot.
    which comes across as a dig towards me as a Liverpool fan, when I've shown respect towards you as a fan. Perhaps say "despite this, it's encouraging for the season we are still in with a chance of winning a trophy". Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?

So back on track now that's been said, how likely is this transfer ban going to be upheld for Chelsea? I know Pulisic is already signed and I assume he's the Hazard replacement (given your thoughts and the strong media rumours) - if you think Sarri wants and needs a clear out I don't know if it is going to happen. Are there any prospects from the players Chelsea have loaned out filling the roles of those players Sarri wants to release?
    Last edited by Jeterpool; 06-05-2019 at 10:36 AM.

OK, let me provide a suggestion. Instead of saying

which comes across as a dig towards me as a Liverpool fan, when I've shown respect towards you as a fan. Perhaps say "despite this, it's encouraging for the season we are still in with a chance of winning a trophy". Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?

So back on track now that's been said, how likely is this transfer ban going to be upheld for Chelsea? I know Pulisic is already signed and I assume he's the Hazard replacement (given your thoughts and the strong media rumours) - if you think Sarri wants and needs a clear out I don't know if it is going to happen. Are there any prospects from the players Chelsea have loaned out filling the roles of those players Sarri wants to release?
    He wont get a clear out under a our current board and its unsure what the hell Roman is up to. Also if UEFA sticks to form then this ban will be shortened or suspended as it was for others but its us so who knows. Also Loan players who should get a chance, Reece James RB at Wigan, Tammy Abraham ST at Villa, Mason Mount CM at Derby but we need a new LB as well, A Striker and maybe a CM and a Winger

love at first sight

Why simply target Liverpool and Spurs? Why not mention Arsenal, United, Bournemouth, Wolves, Huddersfield, etc. See what I'm trying to say?
    I would guess it is because Liverpool & Sp*rs are on track to finish 2nd and 4th, in a 3-horse race.. one which Liverpool were 7 points ahead of at the start of the year.
    OK

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    I would guess it is because Liverpool & Sp*rs are on track to finish 2nd and 4th, in a 3-horse race.. one which Liverpool were 7 points ahead of at the start of the year.
    It's only an issue if you are insecure about your club

Reality is Stanny said nothing that wasn't a true statement

If Scouse fans are upset about this remark they better go move to the moon this time next Monday if Man City are Champions because they gonna cop it big time

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    It's only an issue if you are insecure about your club

Reality is Stanny said nothing that wasn't a true statement

If Scouse fans are upset about this remark they better go move to the moon this time next Monday if Man City are Champions because they gonna cop it big time
    No insecurities here. The better team across 38 rounds will be victorious. I've said that all the way along.

And yes, the statement is true but why not mention others? It's because the post is designed to provoke a particular group for some shits and giggles. I'm calling out needless shit stirring for what it is - needless.

My point was why take a stab at someone when they are trying to have a civil discussion? People don't engage on in this place because there is too much of it. Besides, you're intelligent enough to realise this and your response is just trying to rile more people.

we still made the league cup final and might win the Europa league
    is this even a thing to get excited about if you consider yourself one of the big boys?

legit, no shade here but i know plenty of Liverpool fans that think they've won only one real trophy in 30 years (and some count the odd FA cup too).
    I dont know any United fans who were excited about that trophy they won last year (and esp the way they played to get there).

there was a season back in the day where Liverpool won like 5 trophies or something and no one ever speaks of it in the same tones as Istanbul, and they will quickly push even another rung down the ladder if they win the league.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    is this even a thing to get excited about if you consider yourself one of the big boys?

legit, no shade here but i know plenty of Liverpool fans that think they've won only one real trophy in 30 years (and some count the odd FA cup too).
    I dont know any United fans who were excited about that trophy they won last year (and esp the way they played to get there).

there was a season back in the day where Liverpool won like 5 trophies or something and no one ever speaks of it in the same tones as Istanbul, and they will quickly push even another rung down the ladder if they win the league.
    When you go so long without winning as we have you take every trophy you can get no matter what

love at first sight

When you go so long without winning as we have you take every trophy you can get no matter what
    Try being a Newcastle United fan, i'm still hurting from not getting anything out of back to back FA cup finals in the late 90's.

I might just be a biased/somewhat bitter arsenal fan.... But i find it interesting that arsenals dry spell of not winning anything was always in the media, massive pressure.... Yet Spurs and Liverpool have now gone a simliar period without winning a trophy (League title, European Title or FA CUP), yet not mentioned and no pressure media wise. From what I see, compared to that of Arsenal.
    Amigos Aarau

Quote Originally Posted by goaliepersempre View Post
    I might just be a biased/somewhat bitter arsenal fan.... But i find it interesting that arsenals dry spell of not winning anything was always in the media, massive pressure.... Yet Spurs and Liverpool have now gone a simliar period without winning a trophy (League title, European Title or FA CUP), yet not mentioned and no pressure media wise. From what I see, compared to that of Arsenal.
    That's a fair point.
    I wonder if the stable manager during that time for arsenal v changing manager for Liverpool and Spurs influenced that?

Always irked me as well same with the how easy a ride Wenger got in the media compared to every single Chelsea coach

Hold on...i take your point but the ongoing.... Spurs have won nothing..Pochettino isn't a success until he wins a trophy..one league cup in so many years... has been a feature of this and recent seasons...

Banned
    No insecurities here. The better team across 38 rounds will be victorious. I've said that all the way along.

And yes, the statement is true but why not mention others? It's because the post is designed to provoke a particular group for some shits and giggles. I'm calling out needless shit stirring for what it is - needless.

My point was why take a stab at someone when they are trying to have a civil discussion? People don't engage on in this place because there is too much of it. Besides, you're intelligent enough to realise this and your response is just trying to rile more people.
    I not trying to rile anyone up right now just stating facts

1 of 2 things will happen on Monday

The Internet will explode when every Scouse plastic comes out of the woodwork on Monday and carries on at a biblical level or people are going to have a great time reminding the Scouse fans who do surface about not winning etc

I be keeping the powder dry until then that for sure

As for people not engaging.
    Can't help people who are unable to accept alternate opinion on the Internet at all

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by The Ghost View Post
    Hold on...i take your point but the ongoing.... Spurs have won nothing..Pochettino isn't a success until he wins a trophy..one league cup in so many years... has been a feature of this and recent seasons...
    Spurs though have been a failure for a lot longer than Pochettino has been there

1 League Cup and 1 FA Cup rarely being in the top 6 either in the last 35 years for a club with a fan base 2nd to ManUre is a bit of a joke

To be fair Pochettino has been a success as he has been able to get them into the UCL spots and establish them as a genuine top 4 club compared to the lack of success in the last 35 years