Page 28 of 52 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Thread: The EPL Thread aka Euro Snobs

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Just want to be careful and make sure you aren't trying to include Klopp in the AW, SAF, Jose, Zizou camp are you? Cause those guys were all serial winners.
    nah. Klopp is on the same trajectory as a few of those blokes (early 'relative' success with smaller teams) and hes right at the level now where he gets judged on results and results only. The Spurs bloke still has a bit of leverage and maybe even one more club swap before he hits the same expectation level as Klopp.

and so far Klopp is way behind even Rafa Benitez in terms of 'success' with Liverpool.
    So no, hes not at their level, and even the results of this season probably wont be enough either. But as you said, this is as good as an opportunity as he'll have, no excuses from here on in.

also, you left Gary Van Egmond off your list. How dare you.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Wenger did it during the invincibles season. They would win games before they walked onto the pitch.

But everything else I agree with, and Wenger after the Emirates move could never convince his players to run through brick walls anymore. Hence the drop off in league titles.
    But it was also the kind of guys Wenger recruited after that invincibles era too. The Invincibles was a team of 10 actual murderers and one world class angel. It was already in their nature to compete at a level that hasn't been seen again. The typical example of us never replacing Vieira is what I'm getting at, Wenger focused on a completely different ilk of person and so it was always going to be unreasonable for them to move brick walls anymore.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by plague View Post
    , but 0 would still buy him a lot of love.
    Arsene copped years of abuse for winning nothing but playing a next level brand of football. It was hella divisive if the tradeoff was worth it. If all Klopp wins is love, it'll wear thin if it hasn't already and I find it only fair people are allowed to point and judge based off just Arsenal as comparison tbh.

Like, its worth noting for comparison that the year Leicester won the league, arsene basically accidentally finished second and it was deemed a write off year and the Wenger Out meme was alive and well from memory
    OK

Or those guys *cough* Jose *cough* have just lost their touch?

I mean Sir Alex hasn't won a title in how many years?? Totally lost it.
    Yeah but they way young players are brought up is different as well, Youngsters on big dosh before they become first teamers and no more stuff like cleaning senior players boots or cleaning the dressing room
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Arsene copped years of abuse for winning nothing but playing a next level brand of football. It was hella divisive if the tradeoff was worth it. If all Klopp wins is love, it'll wear thin if it hasn't already and I find it only fair people are allowed to point and judge based off just Arsenal as comparison tbh.
    he'll get love this year because he is in the 'finals' of both major trophies. One spot earned from the best comeback ever, the other with the most points ever for 2nd place.

if he gets 4th next year, or knocked out in the rd16 of the Champions League, they will come for him. i think this is the last year of his free pass. he has set the bar. 2nd/3rd/4th is no longer acceptable.

in much the same way Wenger won then continued to play fantastic football, his lack of real trophies (especially the one that he'd never won) meant they would come for him. and they did. but he held on, but still didnt win what they desperately wanted.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    Seems like I am WRONG

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    no more stuff like cleaning senior players boots or cleaning the dressing room
    prob because everyone worked out that this type of bullshit didnt mean shit and they got rid of it.
    Seems like I am WRONG

prob because everyone worked out that this type of bullshit didnt mean shit and they got rid of it.
    Nope
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Nope
    huh?
    oh Stanny, dont tell me you long for a return to 'ye olden times'?
    Seems like I am WRONG

huh?
    oh Stanny, dont tell me you long for a return to 'ye olden times'?
    After seeing what it did to players like Terry Lampard and Gerrard etc. Why not

what, turn one into a racist shitbag and make another one think punching a DJ for not playing his favourite song is a normal way to behave?

nah.

besides, that workplace bullying culture is kind of frowned upon now, and for good reason.

you see the kids playing this morning, and the ones lining up tomorrow? you think they were garbage because of money or 'lack of paying dues'?

nah. just maybe pick the best team of footballers to play football and pay them accordingly. its a novel concept but one that i sure hope catches on.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i mean im sorry to go back over this comment but surely you knew you had to pick 2 better blokes than Gerrard and Terry to make your point yeah?

besides, you wanna raise a generation of Roy Keanes? bloke is still out there yelling at clouds on the reg. **** him, and **** people who long for the good old days.

assisted suicide cant come in soon enough for some of those miserable pricks.
    Seems like I am WRONG

i mean im sorry to go back over this comment but surely you knew you had to pick 2 better blokes than Gerrard and Terry to make your point yeah?

besides, you wanna raise a generation of Roy Keanes? bloke is still out there yelling at clouds on the reg. **** him, and **** people who long for the good old days.

assisted suicide cant come in soon enough for some of those miserable pricks.
    I'm talking what that youth setup did for their on the field careers

I'm talking what that youth setup did for their on the field careers
    Youre acting like there hasnt already been a bunch of players come through that are already better than that pair.

Your romanticism with the past,whilst admirable, is clouding your judgement.

so are City or Liverpool likely to lose any of their best players over the summer? It seems like the squads will be the same (or better) next season which should be interesting.
    Cant see Arsenal getting much closer, United are garbage, Spurs are Spurs and Chelsea without Hazard look to be in real strife.

Unless Liverpool start off firing again cant see it being any different result to this year.
    Seems like I am WRONG

so are City or Liverpool likely to lose any of their best players over the summer? It seems like the squads will be the same (or better) next season which should be interesting.
    Cant see Arsenal getting much closer, United are garbage, Spurs are Spurs and Chelsea without Hazard look to be in real strife.

Unless Liverpool start off firing again cant see it being any different result to this year.

City will lose Otemendi and Sane from the 1st team. But already have replacements on the bench in Stones and Mahrez.

Liverpool don't have anyone leaving from the 1st team and will have Gomez and the Ox fit again next season.

I agree none of the other 4 have a chance of catching them next year.

But Arsenal are a couple of defenders away from a big improvement.

Chelsea are gonna struggle with no Hazard, they will struggle more if they make Higuan's loan permanent.

United are about 12 signings and new coach away from the top 4.

The best one is Spuds, if they don't spend money this window Poch is gone. Then it's back to mid-table finishes for them.

So the fight for top 4 will be as much of a fun shit show as it was this season.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    I do it just for you. My goal in life is to have a quote in someone's signature.

We're getting the transfer ban so it's loan army time

As mentioned above, none of their best players. Fringe players will be the ones lost - Sturridge, Lallana and Moreno almost certainly. Origi's value is certainly at an all-time high and may leave for a 1st team spot. Mignolet a possible.

There's also been rumours that if Leeds return to the EPL that Milner might go there - that would be a massive loss.

Liverpool need to recruit some depth up top this off-season and if Lallana goes, probably a midfielder or two. I wouldn't be surprised to see back up left and right back too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    There's also been rumours that if Leeds return to the EPL that Milner might go there - that would be a massive loss.
    Agreed, if/when you lose him it will be massive. I always thought you guys letting Xabi Alonso go (whatever the context of him leaving was) was what truly hurt you in those years, and I don't think a comparison to Milner is a stretch here.
    OK

Quote Originally Posted by pv4 View Post
    Agreed, if/when you lose him it will be massive. I always thought you guys letting Xabi Alonso go (whatever the context of him leaving was) was what truly hurt you in those years, and I don't think a comparison to Milner is a stretch here.
    oh, as players i dont think its even close. Alonso ran that team, he was their best player and they were too stupid to just sit Gerrards ass down and let Xabi have the keys.
    Milner isnt anywhere near as good a player, but his impact on the team will be felt. Can see Ox being a bit of an everywhere man if Milner goes.
    They'd be silly to get rid of Origi yeah? as much as he would get a price, this year has proved you need someone 'that' good all the time at your disposal.
    Its titles or trouble now for Klopp.
    Seems like I am WRONG

But Arsenal are a couple of defenders away from a big improvement.
    bruh they been saying this same sentence even before the internet was invented.
    Seems like I am WRONG