Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: 16/17 HAL Round 12 | Newcastle Jets v Wellington Phoenix | Mon 26 Dec 2016 5:35PM

Quote Originally Posted by MFKS View Post
    Exactly what was the problem??

I took on two bottles of it yesterday

Was pulled up by security and showed they were unbroken seals

Waltzed right in.

Exactly what went wrong for you??
    Very simple Membah....we take in our own screw top bottles with filters. They are not deemed sealed. Will buy some sealed bottles from now on.

According to the Liquor Act 2007: Section C.51

As part of their liquor licence they must serve water free of charge.

I'm surprised this has never come up.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dunster View Post

I noticed a water esky type thing (the ones with the tap on the bottom) at the bar on the Eastern concourse. Unsure how cold the water was though as I didn't require it. Plenty of water in beer etc.

Maybe the Committee can request plumbed, chilled water taps at bars for patrons to use?

We're raised the bottles being enforced by the stadium at the last meeting. The club said take a bottle that's been emptied to any bar and they must fill it for you. This is the section of the law you've pulled out
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    Great. He's gone from Liaoning Whowin to Newcastle Wholose.
    The Championship Chronicles - The Jetstream's review of the 2007/08 season. www.newcastlefootball.net/chronicles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeterpool View Post
    We're raised the bottles being enforced by the stadium at the last meeting. The club said take a bottle that's been emptied to any bar and they must fill it for you. This is the section of the law you've pulled out
    I know there is a sign that states this at the northern bar in the main stand, though for some reason this bar was closed the other day.

Quote Originally Posted by parksey View Post
    Someone talk me through what the hell Mullen was doing when Wellington scored their first goal.

Looked like he was setting up Barbarouses for a drive to the paint with a well-worked screen.
    That was Vujica. Barborouses dropped the shoulder and turned inside the 6 yard box. Vujica fell for it hook line and sinker.

Mullen then tried to cover up for Vujica and got a foot to the ball but it deflected straight up to Barborouses again who skipped through.

Vujica was out of his depth defending against Barborouses
    Last edited by borat; 28-12-2016 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WolfMan View Post
    I've been a vocal detractor RE: Hoole. But yesterday he did very well IMO.

Hoole seems to be the outfield BK. Anyone else makes the same errors/mistakes that he does, they are given the benefit of the doubt.

Case in point, Nabbout's woeful effort on goal in the first half yesterday. Had Hoole done that, everyone would be castigating him.
    To be fair Hoole was equally poor in the first half. Looked lazy, gave up the ball, refused to chase. 2nd half he played like a man possessed. Everything went through him in the 2nd half

Quote Originally Posted by borat View Post
    That was Vujica. Barborouses dropped the shoulder and turned inside the 6 yard box. Vujica fell for it hook line and sinker.

Mullen then tried to cover up for Vujica and got a foot to the ball but it deflected straight up to Barborouses again who skipped through.

Vujica was out of his depth defending against Barborouses
    Barborouses has scored less goals than Hoole this season. He's probably the most overpaid player in the competition.
    Vujica did fine against him and the goal was Boogs fault nobody elses.

Barborouses has scored less goals than Hoole this season. He's probably the most overpaid player in the competition.
    if people get crosses in or run into the box from the wide lefthand side its as much Vujica fault as Boogs. I thought Vuijca was generally excellenct but two un excusable lapses on concentration cost us and his first job is to defend
    Quote Originally Posted by lquiquer View Post
    Welcome to the circus ... And I can't argue any of your points... In contention for best first post of the year... ��

love at first sight

Quote Originally Posted by StannyCFCJET View Post
    if people get crosses in or run into the box from the wide lefthand side its as much Vujica fault as Boogs. I thought Vuijca was generally excellenct but two un excusable lapses on concentration cost us and his first job is to defend
    The kids getting paid peanuts to play and you are criticising him like he's a marquee ffs.
    Let me guess - you want your boy Cowburn to start ?
    Cowburn is no better, and for some reason seems to get praised well beyond what he should here.
    Last edited by The Dunster; 28-12-2016 at 02:56 PM.

Regardless of if he made a couple errors (not saying either way) he was excellent on the weekend in energy, technically and going forward. For me I'm not sure why he's been out of the starting lineup at all this season, he's looked good every time he's played.

Clut struggled to make an impact in the first half but would have done a lot of work, Noddy's quality showed when he came on and its great that we have very strong options to come off the bench. With Kokko to come back in as well the coach is sure to have some selection headaches in the attacking half.

I agree with Dunster, I think Hoole cops way too much stick. Sure its easy to see his shortcomings because when he makes mistakes they are bleedingly obvious, but he still does a lot of good as well. His goal on the weekend was very well taken, I couldn't believe it was actually him. The giving up on the ball is a pretty big eye sore.

CMs looking good and as a few people have mentioned its great to see us actually being composed with the ball and playing ourselves out of some tight situations with pretty good regularity. The backs are confident to pass it to the CMs under pressure and they are doing well finding right options. While I will say I think sometimes we are a bit sheepish on the ball and too quick to take an easy pass, its better than in the past and you can't always go for a killer pass, that's when you start getting interceptions all the time. Having said this, it shits me to tears hearing the crowd start moaning and groaning as soon as the ball is passed backwards to the CBs or GK. I wish that shit would stop straight up

^^^
    Yes, it's become embarrasing going to a Jets game and hearing groans and even booing if players pass the ball backwards. FFS at least we are keeping the ball much better now then earlier in the season. Would dumbarses rather we just boot the ball up the field straight back to the opposition!!!
    Yeah sometimes our players are slow to respond to the situation and the ball does not get played out quick enough, we lose that litle window of opportunity and have to go backwards to start up again.....so ****ing what!!! The main thing is that WE still have the ball and hey....THE OPPOSITION CANNOT SCORE IF WE HAVE THE BALL!
    *Rant over*

Yes agree with the comments on Hoole, sure he is frustrating and does make mistakes and has butchered a few goals in the past few weeks but we are slowly but surely starting to see some "end product. Three goals this season to date (12 games) compared to I think it was one goal in his 3 previous full seasons as a player.
    If he can get up to around 8-10 goals this season that would be a reasonable return for a player who plays predominantly as a wide mid.

RE: the above 2x posts -

Agree 100%. When the masses booed passing along the backline and to Duncan on Monday afternoon, I exclaimed not-so-quietly "What do you want them to do? Give the ball away".

I think most people see it as the aimless backwards momentum under GVE 2.0, but as far as I'm concerned, it's smart recycling of possession.

Also, as mentioned by Jeterpool in a recent Jetstream podcast, it allows our players a chance to regroup and catch their breath

To be fair in the old days the backpass (a good 90% of the time) resulted in the keeper hoofing it upfield.
    Crowd we're just bracing themselves for more of the same garbage.
    Hopefully if the backpass continues to be a reset and we go at them again and again crowd will be fine.

I don't get the booing either.

In the past when we always went back, the booing was probably warranted as it always was negative football.A lot of the times it just resulted in the keeper punting it down the pitch anyway.

Now its not used all that often and when we do play back its under pressure and to keep the ball, not have the keeper punt it up the pitch. You'd think people would be happy we are being smarter with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by sammydog View Post
    I don't get the booing either.

In the past when we always went back, the booing was probably warranted as it always was negative football.A lot of the times it just resulted in the keeper punting it down the pitch anyway.

Now its not used all that often and when we do play back its under pressure and to keep the ball, not have the keeper punt it up the pitch. You'd think people would be happy we are being smarter with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    ^^^
    Yes, it's become embarrasing going to a Jets game and hearing groans and even booing if players pass the ball backwards. FFS at least we are keeping the ball much better now then earlier in the season. Would dumbarses rather we just boot the ball up the field straight back to the opposition!!!
    Yeah sometimes our players are slow to respond to the situation and the ball does not get played out quick enough, we lose that litle window of opportunity and have to go backwards to start up again.....so ****ing what!!! The main thing is that WE still have the ball and hey....THE OPPOSITION CANNOT SCORE IF WE HAVE THE BALL!
    *Rant over*
    They should all read Ange's book..... #enlightment
    Dare to Zlatan

Originally Posted by Grimario

He won't make that mistake at Newcastle since our team is full of number 2's.

Quote Originally Posted by stopper2 View Post
    THE OPPOSITION CANNOT SCORE IF WE HAVE THE BALL!
    i mean you're right......but ummmmm

ok lets not think about that and move on.
    And I don't argue with FR. The bloke is a legend and deserves great praise for his contributions to football in the Hunter.
    He is also the second best poster on the entire Foz behind you
    sometimes there's more to life than just winning
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverRed View Post
    What a deadset ****ing coward **** you are
    Seems like I am WRONG

Ahhh you are blind. Watch it again,

Barborouses drops the shoulder and turns past Vujica like he is invisible.

That you even mention Boogs tells me you haven't actually seen the goal because only Vujica and Mullen were involved
    Last edited by borat; 28-12-2016 at 09:30 PM.